IGNORED

Season 5 Week 8 - Bucky O'Hare (1992)

CGQuarterly

Welcome to week 8 of the 5th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

This season is only going to be 10 weeks long, and will feature one game released each year between 1985 and 1994.

This week's game and the 1992 entry is going to be Bucky O-Hare.

Title: Bucky O'Hare

Developer: Konami

Publisher: Konami

Released: January 1992 (US)

Twin Galaxies High Score: None!!!

The game allows to you pick the order in which you complete the levels. You are free to do so in whatever order gives you the best score.

Tips:

None yet!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bucky O'Hare

None yet!

Wow that 2 week thing really tossed me off. I turned on my Wii and saw notes to myself in my email, so much for my shatterhand score. It sucked anyway. This is an amazing game, Im afraid the issue with shatterhand was the number of people that owned it more than anything. Im a purist myself not to big a fan of emulators. Ill see if i can dig this one up I could have sworn I owned it.

The key is to rescue the people you need for what planets. Its played alot like megaman. The ship itself is hell on wheels so be warned!

My score is 53,400. That was after being very careful, getting everyone of my team back, and then lost my last man right after.

Remember guys its beyond important to have the right people for the right stages, and make sure the hearts go to who they need to go to. I generally found my self playing bucky the most for normal/high jumps and combat, I used the robot for a gap of any distance. Good luck guys!

*edit to add more info*

Remember that everyones weapons do different damage not just fire in different ways. Consider buckys weapons to be a base of 1. I think the robots hit for around .75. I will do some research and try and finish this later

Edited by starcry

Come on guys, try, its an amazing game! The rom is very easy to find. I understand that very few people may have this in actual game form but its worth a shot!

My emulator seems to not be loading the ROMS I recently downloaded. I'm using FCEUX. Does anyone recommend a different one?

Come on guys, try, its an amazing game! The rom is very easy to find. I understand that very few people may have this in actual game form but its worth a shot!

My emulator seems to not be loading the ROMS I recently downloaded. I'm using FCEUX. Does anyone recommend a different one?

There's 2 different emulators i use to emulate the NES. FCEU096WIN and MESS. You'll need the nes_disksys bios ROM for MESS. :)

Here's the final results for Bucky O'Hare:

starcry	        110
darthkur	55
ClassicGMR	31
larcen	        25
roadrunner	22

And here's the current season standings:

starcry  	649
darthkur	412
roadrunner	274
Jibbajaba	226
LarcenTyler	201
mihcael	        198
ClassicGMR	192
JacobZu7zu7	110
atari2600land	107
Pyromaniac605	101
arjak	        99
doubleminor	90
phaxda	        66
mightymage	59
thegoldenband	56
Tr3vor	        37
4Ks	        26
Herbarius	20

Edited by Jibbajaba

I was tempted to pick that one, but I didn't.

I haven't had time to create the thread yet, but the game for 1993 is going to be Kirby's Adventure. Yeah, the game is a little bit on the kiddie side and there is a lot of pink everywhere, but it's a really good game, so give it a chance.

Chris

• 2 years later...