IGNORED

Retro Computer Games Festival: 9th - 11th July 2010

RetroGameFest

Retro Computer Games Festival - Charity Weekender

The next Retro Computer Games Festival has been confirmed and it's in larger venue over 3 days. Here are the details:

Date: Fri 9th - Sun 11th July 2010

Times: Fri 18:00 - 23:00, Sat 12:00 - 23:00, Sun 12:00 - 18:00

Venue: Ash Victoria Hall

Address: 121 Ash Hill Road, Ash, Surrey, GU12 5DN

Map: Ash Victoria Hall Map

Entry: Weekend Ticket: £15, Fri Ticket: £5, Sat Ticket £8, Sun Ticket £6

This will be our biggest event so far and we're very excited! Three days of retro gaming held in a hall in Surrey. The hall is actually three halls. Two smaller ones and a larger main hall. We'll have the two smaller halls open all weekend and the large hall we be open all day Saturday and up till 4pm on Sunday. There are a lot of details to be confirmed but so far we can tell you that there will be a licensed bar, there will be a number of competitions run over the weekend and the following systems will be available to play.

* Acorn A3000 (Archimedes)

* Acorn BBC

* Atari 2600 (x3)

* Atari Lynx (x2)

* Atari Jaguar

* Binatone Pong

* Commodore 64

* Grandstand Astro Wars

* Grandstand Scramble

* Microsoft XBox (x3)

* MB Vectrex

* NEC Turbografx

* Nintendo SNES (x2)

* Nintendo 64 (x2)

* Nintendo Gameboy (x2)

* Nintendo Gameboy Color (x2)

* Nintendo Game Boy Advance

* Neo Geo Pocket

* Phillips CDi

* Radofin Tele-Sports IV

* Sega Master System (x2)

* Sega Mega Drive (x2)

* Sega Game Gear

* Sega Saturn

* Sega Mega CD

* Sega Dreamcast (x3)

* Sinclair ZX81

* Sinclair Spectrum +2

* Sony Playstation 1 (x2)

* Sony Playstation 2 (x2)

* Tiger Game.com

More systems will be added as we get closer to the event. More details of everything that will be happening over the weekend will follow soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is the latest update of what's happening:

The next Retro Computer Games Festival has been confirmed and it's in larger venue over 3 days. Here are the details:

Entry: Adult Tickets: £15 Weekend Ticket, £5 Friday Ticket, £8 Saturday Ticket, £5 Sunday Ticket

Under 14's Tickets: £6 Weekend Ticket, £2 Friday Ticket, £3 Saturday Ticket, £2 Sunday Ticket

Family Tickets (2 Adults & 2 Under 14's): £36 Weekend Ticket, £12 Friday Ticket, £19 Saturday Ticket, £12 Sunday Ticket

Under 5's FREE

Click Here To Buy Tickets

This will be our biggest event so far and we're very excited! Three days of retro gaming held in a hall in Surrey. The hall is actually three halls. Two smaller ones and a larger main hall. The larger hall will close at 4pm on the Sunday but the two smaller halls will continue.

This is the current list of systems that will be available to play (This is being added to all the time).

Computers & Consoles

* Acorn BBC Micro

* Amstrad CPC 464

* Atari 2600 (x3)

* Atari 7800

* Atari Lynx (x2)

* Atari Jaguar (TBC)

* Atari ST

* Binatone Pong

* Commodore 64

* Commodore Amiga

* Grandstand Astro Wars

* Grandstand Scramble

* Microsoft XBox (lots!)

* MB Vectrex

* NEC Turbografx (TBC)

* Nintendo SNES (x2)

* Nintendo 64 (x2)

* Nintendo Gameboy (x2)

* Nintendo Game Boy Advance (x2)

* Neo Geo Pocket (TBC)

* Radofin Tele-Sports

* Radofin Tele-Sports IV

* Sega Master System

* Sega Mega Drive (x3)

* Sega Game Gear

* Sega Saturn (TBC)

* Sega Mega CD (TBC)

* Sega Dreamcast (x3)

* Sinclair ZX81

* Sinclair Spectrum +2

* Sony Playstation 1 (x3)

* Sony Playstation 2

* Tiger Game.com

* Various Handheld LCD Games (Game & Watch etc)

* Various Joystick TV Games

Coin-ops

Plus we should have a number coin-op machines at the event. Some dedicated cabinets, a Jamma cabinet, MAME cabinets and a Neo Geo cabinet. The cabinets will all be set to free play over the weekend. More details of exactly what coin-ops we will have soon.

16 Way XBox System Link

Anyone up for some 16 player Halo 2? Yes we will have 16 XBox's + 16 TV's + 1 Ethernet Hub set up on a custom made circular table. Various system link games will be available over the weekend including Halo 2, Project Gothem Racing 2 and more.

R3PLAY Preview at RCGF

We are pleased to announce that one of the rooms at RCGF will be taken over by the guys from R3PLAY (http://www.R3PLAY.info). R3PLAY is a large Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo that is to be held in Blackpool on the 6th and 7th of November.

They will be completely taking over one of the rooms and providing a preview of what you can expect at their event in November. This will include Import Consoles, Multicart Systems, Current Generation Gaming, 2 Player Set Ups & Multi Player Set Ups.

This is a really exciting addition to the Retro Computer Games Festival and I'm sure the R3PLAY room will prove to be very popular. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Licensed Bar - "The 8 Bit Bar"

There will be a licensed bar at RGCF to keep you all hydrated throughout the weekend. The bar will also have a selection of snacks available. There will not be any food available at the event itself, but there are a number of local take away's and a restaurant within walking distance of the venue. You can bring take away's back to the venue and eat them at the bar.

Competitions

Will be running a number of competitions over the weekend - Knockouts, High Score Challenges etc. More details soon.

More systems and attractions will be added as we get closer to the event.

If anyone has any systems they want to bring along can you let me know what you've got and whether you can bring a TV with it.

I'm going to need some help over the weekend. The event is open to the public and people can turn up on the day. So I need some volunteers to take take money/tickets. If you can do 1 hour Fri, 1.5 hours Sat and 1 hour Sun on the door, you can have a free weekend ticket as a thank-you + I'll buy you a drink and say thank-you a lot.

Also if anyone would like to organize any competitions over the weekend that would be great. On Sunday it's the British Grand Prix and the World Cup Final so they might be good themes for competitions.

General help with setting up/packing up/explaining how things work; will also be appreciated.

On a slightly longer shot, if anyone has any coin-ops. I've got a van and can transport them if your willing to lone them for the weekend :D

Edited by RetroGameFest

I didn't think I would be able to go to your event but it's looking like it's possible now. I have to confirm some stuff but if I can make it I would be able to bring a Vic 20 and Megacart and some other Vic stuff (Realms of Quest disk, Denial Collection 3 etc). I would also happily volunteer to help out. I'm not promising but I will be able to comfirm one way or another over the next couple of weeks. :)

• 1 month later...

I didn't think I would be able to go to your event but it's looking like it's possible now. I have to confirm some stuff but if I can make it I would be able to bring a Vic 20 and Megacart and some other Vic stuff (Realms of Quest disk, Denial Collection 3 etc). I would also happily volunteer to help out. I'm not promising but I will be able to comfirm one way or another over the next couple of weeks. :)

Sorry for the late reply :dunce:

Yeah to Vic 20 and Megacart, that would be great. Any help also greatly appreciated.

Updated Event Info

Entry: Adult Tickets: £15 Weekend Ticket, £5 Friday Ticket, £8 Saturday Ticket, £5 Sunday Ticket

Under 14's Tickets: £6 Weekend Ticket, £2 Friday Ticket, £3 Saturday Ticket, £2 Sunday Ticket

Family Tickets (2 Adults & 2 Under 14's): £36 Weekend Ticket, £12 Friday Ticket, £19 Saturday Ticket, £12 Sunday Ticket

Under 5's FREE

This will be our biggest event so far and we're very excited! Three days of retro gaming held in a hall in Surrey. The hall is actually three halls. Two smaller ones and a larger main hall. The larger hall will close at 4pm on the Sunday but the two smaller halls will continue.

This is the current list of systems that will be available to play (This is being added to all the time).

Computers & Consoles

* Acorn BBC Micro

* Amstrad CPC 464

* Amstrad PPC 640

* Atari 2600 (x3)

* Atari 800XL

* Atari Lynx (x2)

* Atari Jaguar

* Atari Jaguar CD

* Atari ST

* Binatone Pong

* Commodore 64

* Commodore Amiga 1200

* Grandstand Astro Wars

* Grandstand Scramble

* Microsoft XBox (x16)

* MB Vectrex

* NEC Turbografx (TBC)

* Nintendo NES

* Nintendo SNES (x2)

* Nintendo 64 (x3)

* Nintendo Gamecube (x3)

* Nintendo Gameboy (x2)

* Nintendo Game Boy Advance (x2)

* Neo Geo Pocket (TBC)

* Radofin Tele-Sports

* Radofin Tele-Sports IV

* Sega Master System

* Sega Mega Drive (x3)

* Sega Game Gear

* Sega Saturn

* Sega Mega CD (TBC)

* Sega Dreamcast (x3)

* Sinclair ZX81

* Sinclair Spectrum +2

* Sony Playstation 1 (x3)

* Sony Playstation 2

* Tiger Game.com

* Various Handheld LCD Games (Game & Watch etc)

* Various Joystick TV Games

Coin-ops

Plus we should have a number coin-op machines at the event. Some dedicated cabinets, a Jamma cabinet, MAME cabinets and a Neo Geo cabinet. The cabinets will all be set to free play over the weekend. More details of exactly what coin-ops we will have soon.

16 Way XBox System Link

Anyone up for some 16 player Halo 2? Yes we will have 16 XBox's + 16 TV's + 1 Ethernet Hub set up on a custom made circular table. Various system link games will be available over the weekend including Halo 2, Project Gothem Racing 2 and more.

R3PLAY Preview at RCGF

We are pleased to announce that one of the rooms at RCGF will be taken over by the guys from R3PLAY (http://www.R3PLAY.info). R3PLAY is a

large Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo that is to be held in Blackpool on the 6th and 7th of November.

They will be completely taking over one of the rooms and providing a preview of what you can expect at their event in November. This will include Import Consoles, Multicart Systems, Current Generation Gaming, 2 Player Set Ups & Multi Player Set Ups.

This is a really exciting addition to the Retro Computer Games Festival and I'm sure the R3PLAY room will prove to be very popular. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Licensed Bar - "The 8 Bit Bar"

There will be a licensed bar at RGCF to keep you all hydrated throughout the weekend. The bar will also have a selection of snacks available. There will not be any food available at the event itself, but there are a number of local take away's and a restaurant within walking distance of the venue. You can bring take away's back to the venue and eat them at the bar.

Competitions

Will be running a number of competitions over the weekend - Knockouts, High Score Challenges etc. More details soon.

Stalls

There will be a couple of stalls for you to get your hands on some retro gaming goodies.

More systems and attractions will be added as we get closer to the event.

If anyone has any systems they want to bring along can you let me know what you've got and whether you can bring a TV with it.

I'm going to need some help over the weekend. The event is open to the public and people can turn up on the day. So I need some volunteers to take take money/tickets. If you can do 1 hour Fri, 1.5 hours Sat and 1 hour Sun on the door, you can have a free weekend ticket as a thank-you + I'll buy you a drink and say thank-you a lot.

Also if anyone would like to organize any competitions over the weekend that would be great. On Sunday it's the British Grand Prix and the World Cup Final so they might be good themes for competitions.

General help with setting up/packing up/explaining how things work; will also be appreciated.

On a slightly longer shot, if anyone has any coin-ops. I've got a van and can transport them if your willing to lone them for the weekend :D

I've updated some of the info in the above post - mostly the list of systems.

Plus here are the layouts for the halls. There will probably be some tinkering with the placement of systems but this should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

If you click on the image you'll get a bigger clearer version

66-hall-1-v2.png

67-hall-2-v2.png

68-hall-3-v2.png