IGNORED

Dr. Mario Story. Just came to me tonight.

I saw a Dr. Mario game online tonight and a funny memory came back to me. I remember being in love with Mario on the nes as a kid. My dad bought me Dr. Mario, but I was way to young to know what was going on to grasp the game. The next Monday my day went into the place he bought it from with me and raised hell over what a badly made game it was. I remember him telling the manager that it was a POS and he would never shop there again. The manager eventually gave my father a full refund. I am older now and realize that I was too young, but it was a good game. I still smile though because my father thought he was being taken advantage of. He is now an older man and does not have this fire, but I miss the days he would wake my sister and me up to play video games with him lat at night. Games bring back so many sweet memories.

Dr. Mario is one of those games that people seem to really love or really hate. It also seems to have a special appeal to people who generally don't like video games. My grandparents (both over 80) have had that game cartridge inside their NES for about twenty years, and they still play it so much that the main game screen was burned into their old flat-screen TV. They finally had to replace the TV, but the console is still going strong. I don't think I've ever seen them play anything else. My mother and her sister play it a lot, too, along with Tetris and Tetris 2, but again, I think these are the only games they play.

Dr. Mario is one of those games that people seem to really love or really hate. It also seems to have a special appeal to people who generally don't like video games. My grandparents (both over 80) have had that game cartridge inside their NES for about twenty years, and they still play it so much that the main game screen was burned into their old flat-screen TV. They finally had to replace the TV, but the console is still going strong. I don't think I've ever seen them play anything else. My mother and her sister play it a lot, too, along with Tetris and Tetris 2, but again, I think these are the only games they play.

The funny thing about that, my Aunt is in love with Tetris, and my Uncle is in love with Dr. Mario. Neither of them play any other game (except bejeweled on the computer). Although their NES and Gameboy disappeared ages ago, so for Christmas this year I got them a Gameboy Color with Dr. Mario and Tetris, plus an SNES with the Dr. Mario/ Tetris 2-in-1 cart.