IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK: Sega Genesis Everdrive Flash Cart Bulk Order Thread

the.golden.ax

Does not make sense that it wont work with a CDX or model 3???...thats just weird.icon_ponder.gif

I dont believe it..

But it may have the firmware down the road to play 32x gamesm but you still need the 32x add on.

Also plays FMV pretty well.

The 3 may work, I was incorrect, it was NOMAD, that Mark said didn't work. Nomad and CDX. It may also be just the SMS parts (I guess they omitted the SMS processors from those decks?)

AX

So it just wont work with the SMS games on those systems but still play the rest?

I swear I had my SMS adapter on my CDX and played PS at some point and time?icon_ponder.gif

I'm sure I can make the holes in a cartridge to fit it in. The original images the guy took had the SD input in the center of the board, but the newer board (revision 2 I guess) has the SD on the side, and a new toggle switch.

Did the creator give any ETA on how long X number would take to make? Did he say why 32X was a no go? Is this the final revision?

Will anyone volunteer to design and print sticker labels? I'd pay of course. Preferably in the original style!

gengoldenaxe2.jpg

I'd probably pay for someone like Axe to do case cut-outs, too. The Neo Myth is so expensive. But if one of you were making a case/label, I'm definitely in.

Edited by Greg2600

does anyone know if this will work on the JVC X-eye?

If so I would be in for one.

I have the NES and SNES powerpack's and love them

are they easy to use? like the harmony cart? the power paks i mean!

Will anyone volunteer to design and print sticker labels? I'd pay of course. Preferably in the original style!

I'd probably pay for someone like Axe to do case cut-outs, too. The Neo Myth is so expensive. But if one of you were making a case/label, I'm definitely in.

Im already on it!icon_mrgreen.gif

By the Ax mans request.

So I guess we got another buyer on board.icon_ponder.gif

I have spoken with Igor (yes that is the makers name) and he is more than happy to provide us with 20+ units. He says that it should take one week to make them once paid, and shipping is usually 1 - 2 weeks, no more than 3. As a community effort it looks like Nonner will the do the art. I've asked someone to do the cart shell mods. I'll be gathering cases and donor carts, printing the inserts, ordering and shipping the completed items when done. Should have a time frame here pretty soon, and we will try to make it work out for as many people as possible. I like Nonners idea of making it a 20th Anni thing.

I'd feel better placing the order after the cases are all finished and ready. A) That will give people time to prepare and budget for the payment B) it will allow people to get in on it if they are undecided still C) with the cases done the total will be finite taking all costs into account. D) the units can ship right away when they show up in the USA.

Please keep in mind this project is a community effort, and I am asking people, as well as myself, to donate their time, and only charge for any actual supplies used to keep costs down. No one is making a profit on this. When I tried this with the TG16 flash carts I got lots of rude emails and PMs and it never got off the ground. If you have issues with trust, it's okay to excuse yourself no harm done. Working together we will all get a good deal, and have a final product we can all be proud of.

AX

So it just wont work with the SMS games on those systems but still play the rest?

I swear I had my SMS adapter on my CDX and played PS at some point and time?icon_ponder.gif

The CDX does indeed play SMS game, just not with this cart. There seems to be some incompatibility. Genesis / Mega Drive games work perfectly on it.

Chilly Willy posted a review of the cart on Sega-16. Chilly is pretty much an expert in these carts, having done a good deal of development on the Neo Myth flash cart (which I currently own).

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11013

Im already on it!icon_mrgreen.gif

By the Ax mans request.

So I guess we got another buyer on board.icon_ponder.gif

Yeah then I'm in.

Wonder if it work on a FC3..icon_ponder.gif

Sucks if it dont...I only have a Nomad,CDX & FC3 let of my genny systems.icon_mad.gif

It'll work fine on your Nomad and CDX. You just won't be able to play SMS games using it on the CDX.

I would actually be quite surprised if it works on the FC3. Most clones don't have all the cart pins properly connected and don't provide full power to the cart slot.

Wonder if it work on a FC3..icon_ponder.gif

Sucks if it dont...I only have a Nomad,CDX & FC3 let of my genny systems.icon_mad.gif

It'll work fine on your Nomad and CDX. You just won't be able to play SMS games using it on the CDX.

I would actually be quite surprised if it works on the FC3. Most clones don't have all the cart pins properly connected and don't provide full power to the cart slot.

SWEEEEET!icon_lust.gif

Thats what I posted earlier...couldnt understand why they wouldnt.

Alls gopd in my world now!icon_mrgreen.gif

It would be cool if it happens to work on the FC3...I love to have a SNES/NES/Genny multi cart system.icon_innocent.gif

This thing would have been really useful back in the day when I was doing Genesis development. The card I have cost me $1000.00 way back in the '90s and was connected to the PC via a parallel cable. I wrote a command line debugger for it under Linux, which would probably be pretty easy to port to this new dev hardware.

--Selgus