IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK: Sega Genesis Everdrive Flash Cart Bulk Order Thread

the.golden.ax

I am interested. I've been on the lookout for a good Sega Flash Cart for a while. I'm not sure how this one slipped under my radar.

How will you pool the funds? I read on the webpage that Paypal is not accepted - unfortunately, this is the only convenient payment method for me. (I'd have a Cuttle Cart 3 by now if this were not the case)

axe: Not to steer this off topic, but I'm curious about the TG16 flashcarts you mentioned above. Which flash cart were you looking at? (I don't have a TG16 at the moment, but it's on my list).

axe: Not to steer this off topic, but I'm curious about the TG16 flashcarts you mentioned above. Which flash cart were you looking at? (I don't have a TG16 at the moment, but it's on my list).

Tototek offers a PCE flash cart, but it requires the use of a parallel port, so it's a pain to use. Neo Flash makes one with a USB writer, which makes things a lot easier. I personally own the Neo cart and like it quite a bit.

I might be interested depending on the final price (and if people buy my crap in the marketplace). I'd have to ditch my precious 32X though, and I'm not sure if I want to give up the ability to play Cosmic Carnage (snicker).

Tempest

Depending when its released depends on if I can afford it or not.

Put me down for a maybe if that's possible.

I'd say around 2 - 4 weeks as a guess right now.

AX

I can do 4 weeks. I paid taxes this year, so yeah. 4 weeks is doable. ^_^

Just to clarify my post above... I'm totally in, if I can pay with Paypal (I noticed that Keilbaca's name got added to the list, but mine didn't; I wasn't sure if this is an indicator that Paypal not an option - even for the pool).

Ah, I wasn't clear if it was a sure thing or on the fence. I'll address the paypal issue in the first post right now.

Thanks,

AX

Tempest, why would you have to ditch your 32X?

Chris

The flashcart doesn't work with the 32X attached.

Tempest

Well yeah you would have to unplug it to play Genesis games, but it's my understanding that there is a way to use it to play 32X games.

Chris

Pleas remove me from the list. I was impatient and got in last minute on the Assembler group order so Ive already paid and waiting =P

Im still interested in a case mod if possible. Will you be selling them by any chance seperately?

Don't know. Right now it's looking like a pretty tall order (amount of work). I know that some that are interested won't end up taking it (just the nature of the thing). Right now there is a huge amount of support (three times what the goal was) so I know it will proceed. Just don't know if there will be extras, to many factors right now.

Thanks,

AX

As long as you don't keep duplicate roms, the entire Genesis and Master System romsets should easily fit on a 2GB SD Card, which is the max partition size the cart will take.

I wonder if a microSD card would work the same as the full sized? Hopefully the other forums haven't beaten us to the author's stock!

Edited by Greg2600

Thanks, Greg2600.

I saw that info about the 2GB partition size & wasn't sure if that meant we could use a larger card & have partitions (like multiple partitions on a hard drive)...and I wasn't sure how big the Genesis catalog was...OK, I'm sold now!

The.Golden.Ax, please put me down as a *definite* buyer!

Please note that I'll have limited (or no) computer access from 4/28 to 5/15. I don't want my absence to cause me to miss the boat on this order & I would be happy to pay in advance if necessary or provide an "IOU" to any trusting fellow forum member with whom I've dealt before. (http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/127592-jasonbar/)

Thanks!

-Jason

Here's an update from Chilly Willy regarding the latest OS update for the cart ...

EDIT: v4 of the OS is out and fixes the issue with SMS games on the CDX. SMS games work fine now. Also, you can burn a 32X game to the flash on a MD/CDX/Nomad, and then play it on a 32X. That works fine. The issue with the 32X is being looked into.