IGNORED

Sprite Editor challenge...

marc.hull

Seems everyone has a sprite editor these days and most are feature packed. One feature I don't see but could be very valuable (and way above my head) is a rotate by degrees function other than 90. Like 45 or 22 degrees from one of the axises. Anyone up for that challenge ?

Can do. Do you want really ugly anti-aliasing with that (given there are only 16 colors), or more standard (but still ugly) static cell calculations? I'll probably do the latter, which is more acceptable the larger and image gets, but figured I'd ask first. :)

Well if I knew what the hell you were talking about I'd answer you question so how about I say this. Just make a sprite turn a given amount of degrees and not just 90 or 180.

Eh, sorry, was thinking aloud there. Yeah, can do. The results are likely to be less than you hope for, as small graphics such as sprites do not transform cleanly through rotation as they might if drawn by hand, but there's no reason I can't automate the initial transforms for the user. I'll get it into the next release.