IGNORED

COMPUMATE SPECTRAVIDEO COMPUTER

walter_J64bit

Not sure. iirc I think it does work for the 7800, someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. That price is a bit up there (not that I know what the going rate is or anything, $99 seems high). He has a few great titles for sale otherwise, if only he wasn't in Venezuela.

Edited by nathanallan

Not sure. iirc I think it does work for the 7800, someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. That price is a bit up there (not that I know what the going rate is or anything, $99 seems high). He has a few great titles for sale otherwise, if only he wasn't in Venezuela.

At one point $99 would have been more than a steal. The Compumate is now a "formerly known as rare" item along the same lines as Motorodeo. Myself I don't think the Compumate is worth more than $50 NIB now as there enough to go around for everyone and their sister to own one.

Does the COMPUMATE SPECTRAVIDEO COMPUTER run on the 7800?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804896637381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280489663738&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

IIRC it works with the 7800 board but doesn't fit the 7800 case. The Compumate cart has three wires coming out out of the back at about half hight. Since the 7800 cartridge slot is a little deeper than a 2600 one, the cart wouldn't fit. And two of the wires need to go into the joystick ports but are too short to reach the ports on the front of the 7800. If you took the 7800 board out of the case, the Compumate cart would fit, but even then the joystick cables would barely be long enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The CompuMate arrived in the mail Wednesday from Venezuela, two weeks after I won the auction, which was faster than I thought it would take to get here. It is the NTSC version, new in box.

It was packed extremely well. At first I was fooled into thinking it was just packed with brown paper over the box. However, that box underneath was a Voodoo3 card box, where the CompuMate was hiding inside making it totally secure (not to mention even more retro!). Not sure if I'll use this much, but it has been something that I've wanted for many years.

Below are front and back pictures of the Compumate, as well as what it was packed in.

CompuMateFront.jpg

CompuMateBack.jpg

Voodoo3.jpg