IGNORED

Season 3 5200 HSC Round 4 *Blaster*

darthkur

1181242060403.jpg

s_Blaster_3.png

You are in the cockpit of your spaceship flying through outer space battling wave after wave of deadly enemies. Stranded astronauts tumble through space, and you can rescue them to score additional points or ignore them and just try continuing to survive. Groups of enemies can attack from the front or the rear, and it is not unusual to have an entire squadron of enemies on the screen at once, all firing deadly missiles at you or trying to collide with your ship. Shoot them all and get big bonuses. Will you make it through armageddon to paradise or face a glorious demise in battle?

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory. Please do not use any cheat/hack options. These include auto-fire, unlimited lives, invincibility, etc. Also, no continues. Only games begun at the beginning count.

Settings: Level 1-1 (Default)

Link to the ROM file: http://www.atariage....oms/Blaster.zip

Contest ends on: 4-26-10 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: DensB68 - 383,300 +11

2nd: atariron82 - 232,700 +10

3rd: Divya16 - 169,300 +9

4th: roadrunner - 147,900 +8

5th: atariksi - 128,400 +7

6th: thursday83 - 111,000 +6

7th: Cafeman - 86,800 +5

8th: MIKE5200 - 82,400 +4

Current Standings:

1st: atariron82 (29)

2nd: roadrunner (25) (1)

3rd: DensB68 (23) (1)

4th: atariksi (16)

4th: Cafeman (16)

4th: Divya16 (16)

5th: NoahsMyBro (13)

6th: CV Gus (11) (1)

7th: zylon (5)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Blaster info

Edited by darthkur

This Game is a Blast! Just imagine if it was released in 1983 when it was supposed to...

post-21471-12715487341_thumb.jpg

Imagine what score you would get if you imagined the highest scorer had 1 million.

I could imagine my score being expressed this way: 1480,00 --which might be ambiguously construed as 1.48 million?! :rolling:

I might also imagine that any high scorer with 1 million would have reached paradise by then...and in any case better pony up with a bloomin' pic :twisted:

86,800. Awesome game that I never really tried before. Might have time to try it one more time before midnight tonight..

There's still another week to go so you've got plenty of time to have at it. :cool:

Is there a way to rebuild the energy? I just kept shooting everything away-- don't know if there's anything good there that you're not supposed to shoot. A bit cluttered I would say. Landscape is a much cleaner 3D game-- don't think that was ported to A5200.

86,800. Awesome game that I never really tried before. Might have time to try it one more time before midnight tonight..

There's still another week to go so you've got plenty of time to have at it. :cool:

Is there a way to rebuild the energy? I just kept shooting everything away-- don't know if there's anything good there that you're not supposed to shoot. A bit cluttered I would say. Landscape is a much cleaner 3D game-- don't think that was ported to A5200.

Figured out some stuff just by playing around. There's some "E"s that you don't shoot that give you a barrage of more Es.

post-16716-127174357683_thumb.jpg

Has anybody gotten past level 8? That was the highest I got when I played this a year ago.

Oh and here is the manual Raven1280 and I made with some great artwork by Atariboy2600.

5200 Blaster manual

Allan

You should have posted your score.

I got to level 5 I think; I also don't like moving down to go up-- I kept missing those energy fields-- "E"s.