IGNORED

Rabbit Transit and other prototype games

justbob

I recently received a box of games from a relative. Among them were a bunch with typewritten labels and a few names i've never heard of. The one im wondering about is a game called Rabbit Transit. It works and I've played it. Has anyone ever heard of this game. Is it rare?

Thanks in advance . Bob

I recently received a box of games from a relative. Among them were a bunch with typewritten labels and a few names i've never heard of. The one im wondering about is a game called Rabbit Transit. It works and I've played it. Has anyone ever heard of this game. Is it rare?

Thanks in advance . Bob

The version of Rabbit Transit you have is a prototype. RT was originally released by Starpath (Arcadia) for the Supercharger add on and was on a tape. Atari was planning on releasing a version of the game themselves on cartridge, but never did. There's at least one other copy out there. You can read more about it on my webpage: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/rabbittransit/rabbittransit.htm

What are the other games you got in that box? You may have more than one prototype.

Tempest

Thanks in advance . Bob

The version of Rabbit Transit you have is a prototype. RT was originally released by Starpath (Arcadia) for the Supercharger add on and was on a tape. Atari was planning on releasing a version of the game themselves on cartridge, but never did. There's at least one other copy out there. You can read more about it on my webpage: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/rabbittransit/rabbittransit.htm

What are the other games you got in that box? You may have more than one prototype.

Tempest

There were versions of Pigs in Space, Krull, Tempest, Phoenix, Vanguard, Pole Position, Moon Patrol, Mega mania, and one called snoopy and red baron. All were in loaner cases.. There were other games but they were not in loaner cases.

Bob

Interesting, another Activision title inside a loaner case. :ponder:

Which title for activision are you talking about? I notice from your site that you have the versions labelled. Most of the loaner case versions that I have are early versions. IE Joust 222, Pole Position 142, Moon Patrol 142. I noticed the mega mania was not listed for the 2600. Is that not an atari game? So i guess the Rabbit Transit is some what rare?

Bob

Which title for activision are you talking about? I notice from your site that you have the versions labelled. Most of the loaner case versions that I have are early versions. IE Joust 222, Pole Position 142, Moon Patrol 142. I noticed the mega mania was not listed for the 2600. Is that not an atari game? So i guess the Rabbit Transit is some what rare?

Bob

Welcome :) Megamania was released by Activision, it is still for the 2600 though.

Bob

Welcome :) Megamania was released by Activision, it is still for the 2600 though.

I will try to get photos of the whole lot and post them tonight. I'm still very new to this forum and im fumbling a bit with replies.

Bob

I will try to get photos of the whole lot and post them tonight. I'm still very new to this forum and im fumbling a bit with replies.

Okay. Here's a link to some of the photo's

100_3362

100_3392

If you would like more photo's email me.

Edited by justbob

Welcome to the boards justbob!!! :) You got some nice protos there. The most intriguing pieces you have there are the Rabbit Transit and the Mega Mania carts. What are you planning to do with these protos???? sell them???? If you do plan to sell them, PM me, we can talk. :)

Thanks,

- Wonder007

Two of your Moon Patrol protos appear to be Work In Progress versions as is your Pole Position proto (although that one is very minor). The others appear to be the final versions although I can't be sure on the Pigs in Space proto since it doesn't have a date.

Tempest