IGNORED

TI99/4a Games Available in .DSK format

Tempest

Now that I have a CF7+ coming my way, I want to know what games are available in .DSK format. Specifically which cartridge and prototype games have been converted over. I know there are a ton of homebrew games out there on disk, but for the moment I want to concentrate on offical TI cartridges and prototypes (3rd party or otherwise).

Tempest

Now that I have a CF7+ coming my way, I want to know what games are available in .DSK format. Specifically which cartridge and prototype games have been converted over. I know there are a ton of homebrew games out there on disk, but for the moment I want to concentrate on offical TI cartridges and prototypes (3rd party or otherwise).

Tempest

hhmmm, I think all games are available in .DSK format :)

You can grab the module archive right here.

The .bin files are ROM/GROM dumps that you can use in one of the popular TI emulators.

If you want to run the modules on a real TI-99/4A you will need to transfer them to a disk or CF7+ disk image AND

you will need a gram kracker or comparable device.

Most of the games also exist in a "disk" version allowing them to run from 32K RAM memory expansion. These are either hacked or prototype versions. Dunno if these are available in a single collection, so you'll have to look around for those.

If you want to run the modules on a real TI-99/4A you will need to transfer them to a disk or CF7+ disk image AND

Hm, rats. I don't suppose a supercart is sufficient. Those look easy enough to build. Gram Krackers are pretty hard to come by.

The .bin files are ROM/GROM dumps that you can use in one of the popular TI emulators.

Most of the games also exist in a "disk" version allowing them to run from 32K RAM memory expansion. These are either hacked or prototype versions. Dunno if these are available in a single collection, so you'll have to look around for those.

Can you please explain what a gram kracker (and/or comparable device) is and what it does? I'm just getting started with TI-99/4A. THX!

• Like 1

I just got a TI99-4/A with PEB 32K and diskdrive this week. So far I've noticed there seems to be a set of disks out there called GPL and there seems to be lots of great stuff on them. Anyone know anything about this GPL set of disks and where one might get it, either real floppys or DSK?

There also seems to be a Modules set of disks sorted by letter ( Modules V and so on..) Any info on this set?

Edited by Chazbeenhad

remowilliams posted that archive here. I think the "modules on disk" and the GPL set are the same thing. At least, when I load a disk from that archive, it says GPL simulation at the top of the menu screen.

Thanks! I grabbed that last night and made all those disks. I see in the list file there is a reference to a disk that has ATARI games, but its not in the archive.

I posted the complete "Modules of Disk" here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161033-cf7-images/

I made the Atari disk and I can't seem to play any of the games. I don't have an E/A module I use Funnel Web.

When I start it, I go E/A, 3 - loaders, and then option 3. I enter DSK2.DD01 The drive chugs a little bit like its loading

but then the TI locks up with some screaming audio.

Can anyone offer some help on this?

Edit: I attached the Funnel Web I'm using.

Charlie

Edited by Chazbeenhad
  • Like 1

I made the Atari disk and I can't seem to play any of the games. I don't have an E/A module I use Funnel Web.

When I start it, I go E/A, 3 - loaders, and then option 3. I enter DSK2.DD01 The drive chugs a little bit like its loading

Try this one.

Atari Cracked (19xx)(-)req. PHM 3055 option 3DSK1.ATARI.zip

Try this one.

Thank you. That disk is included in the set darthkur linked to above.

Here is what I found. If using FW you choose Option 2 (e/a), 3 (loaders), 4 (load/run).

The launcher program on this disk will only start the games from DSK1.

So, you replace the FW disk with this disk and type DSK1.ATARI

All the games work great except DigDug. The music hangs and plays one long really annoying note. Then the game locks when you die the 1st time.

Is there any other dump of DigDug? Thats the game I was hoping to play as I have all the others on disk already.

Try this one.

Thank you. That disk is included in the set darthkur linked to above.

Here is what I found. If using FW you choose Option 2 (e/a), 3 (loaders), 4 (load/run).

The launcher program on this disk will only start the games from DSK1.

So, you replace the FW disk with this disk and type DSK1.ATARI

All the games work great except DigDug. The music hangs and plays one long really annoying note. Then the game locks when you die the 1st time.

Is there any other dump of DigDug? Thats the game I was hoping to play as I have all the others on disk already.

Anyone able to test this disk and the dump of digdug on it? Does the sound "stick" and the game lock up when you die?

Anyone able to test this disk and the dump of digdug on it? Does the sound "stick" and the game lock up when you die?

Works great on my setup. I have a real E/A cart.

Thanks. Now I'll have to make sure I'm using the latest version of FW and test again.

I had a feeing using FW for EA5 games wasn't going to be 100% perfect.

I need to get an EA cart. Anyone have a spare to sell?

Nice. seems to only be missing the Rob0tron Proto dumped late in 2008. I've attached to this post.

Nice. Now, whats the best way to get these files on to a disk or in a DSK for use on the TI?

Nice. seems to only be missing the Rob0tron Proto dumped late in 2008. I've attached to this post.

Bumping this.

I'd really like to know the best way to get these Robotron BIN files in to a DSK image on the PC so I can make a disk for my TI.

Does anyone know how?