Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sinphaltimus said:

OK, one more issue I am having. This is only happening on this particular project.

BOBLM.TXT 3.68 kB · 2 downloads bOb_Largest_multi.mag 83.88 kB · 2 downloads

I think I know what's wrong, going to take some time to fix and test. i'll edit this when I know for sure...

 

 

EDIT:

Ok. Yes, I did hose those last two files but that wasn't the cause of the main issue.

 

To spite the padding, loading as map image continued to assign character codes below 32.

 

I have to copy the codes to available spots above 32 and then manually stamp them in place of the bad codes <32.

 

I also had to alter the code. For whatever reason, using transparency for character colors and the call screen caused a full black screen. This was from the Magellan code.

 

I replace transparency with cyan across the board.

 

And most importantly, I exported as xb. Basic produced illegal characters in the print statementd.

 

It took a long while statements. But I finally delivered on my goal.

 

 

Edited by Sinphaltimus
Final fix communicated.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sinphaltimus said:

Ok. Yes, I did hose those last two files but that wasn't the cause of the main issue.

 

To spite the padding, loading as map image continued to assign character codes below 32.

 

I have to copy the codes to available spots above 32 and then manually stamp them in place of the bad codes <32.

 

I also had to alter the code. For whatever reason, using transparency for character colors and the call screen caused a full black screen. This was from the Magellan code.

 

I replace transparency with cyan across the board.

 

And most importantly, I exported as xb. Basic produced illegal characters in the print statementd.

 

It took a long while statements. But I finally delivered on my goal.

Good that you solved it. I don't know what you did, but I was able to import the attached image as a map image and export a working XB program in just a few minutes.

head.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Good that you solved it. I don't know what you did, but I was able to import the attached image as a map image and export a working XB program in just a few minutes.

head.png

I wish I knew each step and setting path you took. For me, to spite looking right on the screen, some of the Character sets would be inverted. Where the background color would be inverted with the foreground color. All kinds of weird little things. I have installed the latest version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Good that you solved it. I don't know what you did, but I was able to import the attached image as a map image and export a working XB program in just a few minutes.

head.png

Bob Dobbs lives. . . :) :) :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dhe said:

That works, the pinned link at the top of the thread, appears to be broken:

http://www.dreamcodex.com/download/Magellan.zip

That's a link to the original author's website, but he hasn't been updating Magellan for a long time. If somebody could edit the first post and add the new download link, that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

That's a link to the original author's website, but he hasn't been updating Magellan for a long time. If somebody could edit the first post and add the new download link, that would be great.

:thumbsup:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...