IGNORED

Opcode protos going to eBay

opcode

I am seriously considering selling my unreleased CV games on eBay. I have several games that I ported over the years from platforms like the MSX and SG-1000, but which I didn't see enough commercial appeal to justify a packaged release. Games like Juno First, Sparkie and Comic Bakery (actually more, some non playable demos like the CGE 2003 demo). I am in need of some money to fund the SGM development, so I am considering to create 3 copies of each non-released game and put them on eBay. Or perhaps a single copy, not sure which would be the best option.

Eduardo

I am seriously considering selling my unreleased CV games on eBay. I have several games that I ported over the years from platforms like the MSX and SG-1000, but which I didn't see enough commercial appeal to justify a packaged release. Games like Juno First, Sparkie and Comic Bakery (actually more, some non playable demos like the CGE 2003 demo). I am in need of some money to fund the SGM development, so I am considering to create 3 copies of each non-released game and put them on eBay. Or perhaps a single copy, not sure which would be the best option.

Eduardo

I would be interested to release them under CollectorVision

PM sent :)

• Like 2

Eduardo

This sounds like a good idea, especially for the playable games. More people would be happy, for sure.

My 2 cents,

5-11under

Eduardo

I am sure that this would drum up a small frenzy of interest amongst the serious collectors - me included :D Certainly a good idea if you need to generate some cash. I suspect that you'd make more money if you were to produce say 10 of each rather than the very limited 1 to 3.

Eduardo

I am sure that this would drum up a small frenzy of interest amongst the serious collectors - me included :D Certainly a good idea if you need to generate some cash. I suspect that you'd make more money if you were to produce say 10 of each rather than the very limited 1 to 3.

Or simply sell cartridges only (PCB, no shell)

Make like 50 copies of each at 20$/30$ each copies

I'm sure they'll be sold out in no time! ;)

The sad part is that you may actually make more money out of selling these unreleased games "as-is" rather than reaching a publishing deal with guys like me. In particular, I would have liked to release Comic Bakery under the Team Pixelboy banner. But that would imply you putting additional efforts into completing the port, because I wouldn't accept selling a buggy port.

But we already have deals going for Track & Field and Space Shuttle, so I'll shut up now. :P

Hey!

Wait a minute!

I offered you 3 ( or maybe 4) dollars for each of you protos at the MGC (expansion Module also...)!!!

I should get first 'dibs'... :P :P :P :roll:

Actually I'd pay good money (I'll define that later... ;) ) to own something like this...

Jeff

And whatever you decide - go for it. Let the highest bidder win...

You could also put a "Paypal Donations" button on Opcode Web page and those who donate a good amount of $$ would receive a copy of a proto

I will be happy to donate if it can help to produce the SGM

Just an idea... :)

Heck - I think that's a great idea - I'd be happy to donate as well.

Ok, first game is going to be the SG-1000 version of Exerion, an arcade game from Jaleco. Please check youtube to see the game in action.

I will place the first copy on eBay tonight. Game is tested to the best of my ability and appears 100% functional. However no express guarantee will be made. Sold as-is.

Game will be cartridge only, no manual or box, but isn't a pretty simple game, easy to figure out.

Cartridge label will be my regular Opcode Prototype Lab with the game name, copy number and my signature attesting it is an original Opcode proto.

I am still not sure if I am going to make 5 or 10 copies, should decide that later today.

I also reserve the rights to publish the game later as a commercial release if so I wish, though with all honesty I have no such plans.

Eduardo

Edited by opcode

Ok, first game is going to be the SG-1000 version of Exerion, an arcade game from Jaleco. Please check youtube to see the game in action.

I will place the first copy on eBay tonight. Game is tested to the best of my ability and appears 100% functional. However no express guarantee will be made. Sold as-is.

Game will be cartridge only, no manual or box, but isn't a pretty simple game, easy to figure out.

Cartridge label will be my regular Opcode Prototype Lab with the game name, copy number and my signature attesting it is an original Opcode proto.

I am still not sure if I am going to make 5 or 10 copies, should decide that later today.

I also reserve the rights to publish the game later as a commercial release if so I wish, though with all honesty I have no such plans.

Eduardo

So, IF I won the auction, will you authorize me to publish it?

• Like 1

Ok, posted.

Exerion, copy #1 of 5. Initial bid is only $1.

Eduardo

Question:

I don't think I saw Exerion on your initial post of what games you were thinking of putting on ebay.

Do you have an idea of the exact games you are going to put out there in case some of us can't afford to try and get them all then we can save our money for specific choices?

Thanks

Dan

Would love to see a cart-only mulitgame for these titles, or even buyable ROM files. :) Could be pretty easy, and no labor involved to just sell the ROM files for $5 or $10 apiece via paypal for those that have the AtariMax cart, or play on emulators.

said I'd pay 'good money' not 'insane money' :roll: for this but glad Eduardo's got more cash to work on his projects :) .

Maybe I can get 2 , 3, 4 or 5...

Anybody here the winner?

Just wanted to say thank you everybody for such interest on the protos. The first copy sold for a lot more than I could have hoped for.

I was getting short on money with the SGM but thanks to you guys I can now resume work on the board. Each prototype costs some good money to manufacture (because I am producing a single board), so that money is coming in good time.

Thanks again.... And copy #2 is going to eBay later tonight.

BTW, I will give all the winners the ROM image of the game, and it is up to them to decide what to do with it, as long as it doesn't involve making money from it (selling the image or making copies of the game in cartridge).

Eduardo

said I'd pay 'good money' not 'insane money' icon_rolleyes.gif for this but glad Eduardo's got more cash to work on his projects icon_smile.gif .

Maybe I can get 2 , 3, 4 or 5...

Anybody here the winner?

Glad to see the money go to Eduardo but I must admit this was higher than I thought it would go. I was thinking it would be between $150-200.

It'll be interesting to see what the other 4 go for....hopefully 4 of us will get to contribute to a good cause.icon_smile.gif