IGNORED

Krull

SoulBlazer

It's average 80's fantasy. I own it on DVD, but it's definitely not in my top 10 or anything. The music score it pretty snazzy though.

Fake Trivia: The filmmakers originally hired Matthew Modine to play Colwyn, but after the first table-read, it became obvious that he didn't have enough of that clueless, wooden, white-bread, vanilla, deer in the headlights, bad '80s actor vibe that they were looking for, so they hired Ken Marshall. :D

• 11 months later...

Krull is one of my fave 2600 games. It's so good I'd list it with over faves instead of just saying 'It's a great licensed game.' Love all the gameplay elements.

There was a way I had learned about diagnols and jumping that made the spider room fun. Also, auto-fire every time I get on horse back and I never miss extra-lives

etc. So even if the sunset robs me of the castle, I've most likely earned back the life I lost. Love the later levels of the first stage. Intense :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys know there is a Krull pinball? Like the arcade it was made by Gottlieb.

I would LOVE to own this! Unfortunately, only 9 (and it might be lower) still survive today. :(

Why so few?

EDIT: Ah found the answer. Cost. They never went into production but they made 10 samples. Shame, it's such a cool looking machine. So 80's yet not cheesy.

Why so few?

EDIT: Ah found the answer. Cost. They never went into production but they made 10 samples. Shame, it's such a cool looking machine. So 80's yet not cheesy.

1 of those 10 was thought to be destroyed in a fire.

I don't think all of the pins still have all been accounted for yet.

Supposedly, a owner has one in the midwest.:)

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this old thread because it's coming up next for Ferg's awesome 2600 game by game podcast and I thought he might find this of some help and/or interest. :) Still love this game, so I'll be submitting a long feedback for this one for sure! I had forgotten a pinball game was prototyped. I hope the pinball place in Las Vegas gets one.

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 2

I'm bumping this old thread because it's coming up next for Ferg's awesome 2600 game by game podcast and I thought he might find this of some help and/or interest. :) Still love this game, so I'll be submitting a long feedback for this one for sure! I had forgotten a pinball game was prototyped. I hope the pinball place in Las Vegas gets one.

If you're referring to the Pinball Hall of Fame, I know at one time Tim (owner) had a Gottlieb Krull. I'm not sure presently...

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it new and loved it, but only on the easiest version, because I could never get past the spider room on any other variation, no matter how hard I tried. I also managed to extend the opening level for as long as I wanted (most of the time.) Must dig it out and give it a spin or two.

I played Krull for the first time last night in about 10 years. I don't remember it being so difficult.

I believe this (and Battlezone) were the last Atari 2600 games I bought before it got put away and remained boxed up until the mid-90's.