IGNORED

AtariAge/Monkey Labs "Secret CGE Project" Label Making Contest!

Cebus Capucinis

I am posting this in the AtariAge Sponsored contests because it is a joint venture involving Al and myself -- we have been working on a project for a month or so and it is now time to open up a contest for Stage Two! If it needs to be moved to general contests then so be it! Also the only reason I am posting this instead of Al is because he is very busy right now and I wanted to get it off his plate. Basically consider this post as coming from him (sort of), I used part of what he told me directly in the contest description.

ATARIAGE/MONKEY LABS CGE 2010 "SECRET PROJECT" LABEL ART CONTEST!

As the title there states, Al and I have been working on a 2600 project for about a month. We don't want to divulge the details yet but we will say this: It is not a homebrew nor is it a game. It is something game-related but not a game itself!

We are asking for all of the wonderful, wonderful talent we have here at AtariAge to submit labels for our project. The labels will all be full front and end labels for Atari Corp. 2600 cartridges. We have some minor qualifications for labels but really this is up to you guys! Whatever you want to submit will be an entry!

We want to make one full front and end label say something like 'AtariAge/Monkey Labs CGE 2010'. Basically just something that says both 'AtariAge', 'Monkey Labs', and 'CGE 2010' on it. Monkey Labs does not have a logo yet, so this is where your art skills come in even more -- you can design the Monkey Labs logo as you see fit!

Here are some ideas of labels you can submit:

-Unreleased prototypes for which no labels exist (things like "The Hulk", etc.)

-Games that you would like to see but were never released for the 2600

-Humorous and joke labels that only exist in someone's zany imagination

Aside from that one label that Al and I want stated above with AtariAge/Monkey Labs, anything is possible! The labels do need to be family friendly however, so keep that in mind.

We are going to have multiple winners (we're not sure exactly how many yet, but think neighborhood of 10) so submit as much as you can! Get those awesome ideas out on paper!

The winner will not only get their contest artwork placed on labels for our "secret project" featured at CGE and from that point on, but will be receiving pieces of that project themselves as a prize! (It is a cool prize so don't think because I'm not telling you it's crap ;) )

When we have coordinated it a bit more we will set a starting time and an ending time with how to submit entries, etc. etc. I will edit this post to reflect that information as it is decided. Consider this the opening gate, though! More details to follow when you're ready to submit. You can send me or Al a PM with your entries if you'd like if you get something completed in between finalization of the details and now.

Why do I get the feeling nobody is wanting to enter? :|

It's a secret contest...Shhh... :roll:

Seriously, I think it is because this contest is confusing as hell.... :? I don't even really get what you are looking for?

Here are some photoshop proto covers I made. Enjoy. :cool:

post-15767-127161380688_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161382626_thumb.jpg

post-15767-12716138635_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161399536_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161401193_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161403309_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161405161_thumb.jpg

post-15767-1271614066_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161407975_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161409102_thumb.jpg

post-15767-12716141056_thumb.jpg

post-15767-12716141201_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161413279_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161414859_thumb.jpg

post-15767-127161423958_thumb.jpg

Stuff like that is EXACTLY what we are looking for! We are looking for Atari 2600 labels of any variety. Whatever you can come up with is considered an 'entry'.

I know it's really confusing but we're concerned that if we release what the item we're making actually IS this early in the game, someone like Hozer will have the exact same items on eBay two or three days later. We don't want to see the contest get ruined halfway into it by our idea being stolen, basically.

We are holding two separate contests, basically, and maybe this will clear it up:

Contest #1: Design an AtariAge/Monkey Labs Atari corp. Atari 2600 label for CGE 2010. It needs to have AtariAge, Monkey Labs, and CGE 2010 on it somewhere. I don't have a logo for Monkey Labs yet, so the logo is totally open to interpretation as well!

Contest #2: Design any Atari 2600 label for Atari corp. carts that you want! Anything you can come up with will be considered! Funny labels, labels for games that didn't come out, protos, lab loaners, you name it!

Does that make it a little clearer for everyone? It's pretty confusing since we can't release everything about it, but the winners will be featured on the limited edition item we will have at CGE and on the site and winners will also get samples of the project itself (aka the product we are making). :)

I would like to point out that pictures of chimps are actually APES. A good rule of thumb, if it has a tail it's a monkey. If it doesn't have a tail it's an ape.

AX

Generally most people accept that 'apes' fall under the subset of 'monkeys' in the common vernacular without making too much of a fuss. :P

Sort of like 'koala bear'. Technically it's wrong, but it's become such common usage that it doesn't really irritate people much (although I'm sure our Aussie members are shooting steam out their ears now!).