unhuman

Classic99 Wigouts?

Anyone else get the issue where the keyboard gets stuck (with some key pressed)? Happens to me a lot... Any way to reset the keyboard w/o bouncing Classic99?

Thanks - Howie

Are you running the latest version (V340A)? There was some known issues with the keyboard, but most should have been fixed in the latest release a few weeks ago.

Matthew

Usually this happens if you use a keyboard shortcut to take focus away, for example, Alt+Tab -- Classic99 sees the alt and the tab down events, but Windows never delivers the up events because it doesn't have focus anymore (now that I think about it, it would be easy to clear the keyboard state when focus is lost, let me take a note on that and I'll code up that fix).

If you are running CPU overdrive, the keyboard repeat delay ends up way too short, and my workaround for that doesn't work in Extended BASIC, so you get massive keyboard repeats, although that at least should respect the keyboard.

There's no explicit reset built-in, but tapping the key that is repeating should stop it. Tapping Enter should clear any stuck meta-keys (control, alt, shift).

I couldn't reproduce, and the fix I had in mind is already in the code... that said, if you take focus away (click on some other Window), that should completely reset the keyboard code and stop whatever it's doing.

I'd like to know what's happening so I can fix it someday...