IGNORED

The Barry Hausman Collection (Colecovision protos?)

Shantai

Hey all, I was told to post about my discovery/collection to this forum.

So here's the link to the AA topic I posted in Prototypes :)

Here's the topic/post:

PICS COMING SOON!!! (Starting today :))

Hello all, A while back I posted (On Digital Press's site) about a collection I received from a fellow APA Pool team member who worked at Coleco in the early to late 80's. I hadn't really followed up much on this collection until the whole Air Raid eBay fiasco got me wondering about my collection.

The post on DP is under this topic: "ColecoVision Discovery (Many Lab games!)"

Back when I used to play in the APA Pool league, one of my teammates heard I collected stuff, and when I told him about a recent garage sale where I bought a bunch of 2600 and CV games, he told me how he used to work at Coleco and still had all his stuff. One day when we had a party for winning the championships (I think it was the division?) (we lost the next round lol.) He gave me 3 huge boxes to take home filled with Colecovision and Adam stuff. Upon examining them at home, I knew something was weird. One long box was stuffed with white label carts. (I presume they are most likely copy carts) so I posted a week later on DP and scanned one of the rare carts. Time went by and I forgot or just stashed the collection away, never selling any of them or cracking any to look for EPROMS.

Well after seeing what happened with Stadium Events, and now Air Raid, I've decided to dust em off, open a few and take pics of this massive collection so my fellow collectors can possibly shed light on exactly what these are.

The collection consists of: (This is NOT an ad to sell, but merely a complete list of what I received from Barry )

--- CONSOLES ---

ADAM Computer System with the drive and extra ribbons, etc... (Complete with ALL the paperwork, just no box lol)

2 Colecovision systems (One missing the power supply)

--- Expansion Modules ---

#1 (Atari 2600 adapter)

#2 (Steering Wheel)

-- Non regular JOYSTICKS --

Roller Controller

SuperAction Controller x2

-- BOOKS -- (All ADAM books are true 1st Edition/1st Printings with the #s going to 1)

ADAM's Companion (1st print 1984) x2

Programming ADAM (1st print 1984)

The First book of ADAM (1st print 1984)

Word Processing with your ADAM (1st Print) x2

Programming the 6502 (3rd edition NO DATE) cover has tons of creases

Sprites, A Turtle and TI LOGO (1st Print 1984)

ADAM SmartBASIC revised edition Programming manual. (Pure white no graphic cover)

-- ADAM CASSETTE TAPE SOFTWARE -- (Does not include the "Blank" cassette tapes, as there are a LOT of them in the collection)

The ADAM Home Software Library (Complete with box)

Adventure Pack 1 (Victory Software Corp)

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom (In game pack)

Family Fued

Flash Facts Flashbacks

Flash Facts Trivia

Flash Facts Vocabulator

SmartBASIC x4

SmartFILER

SmartLOGO

Zaxxon

NOTE: I am unable to test any of these cassettes due to the fact the Adam cassette drives don't work on my Adam , as well as the printer (Power works, just does not print) making it a $700 Colecovision lol!

-- The CARTRIDGES!!! -- (ALL work perfectly)

I've divided these into 3 sections (Regular, White label and Possible Proto reg labels)

REGULAR COLECOVISION CARTS (Basic retail labels, but haven't weighed them for EPROMS)

Burgertime

Carnival

Choplifter

Dam Busters, The

Frenzy

Frogger II Threedeep

Gorf

Illusions

Jumpman Junior

Mr. Do!'s Castle

Montezuma's Revenge

Omega Race

Smurf, Rescue in Gargamel's Castle

Space Fury

Space Panic

Subroc

Telly Turtle

Time Pilot

Turbo

Victory

Zaxxon

WHITE LABEL CARTS (I opened Burgertime and indeed it had an EPROM inside) (Protos or copy carts??)

Antarctic Adventure

Brain Strainers

Buck Rogers

Bump 'n Jump

Burgertime

Cabbage Patch Kids Adventure in the Park

Destructor

Dr. Seuss Mix up (No label, just says Puzzler 3 on the cart)

Star Trek

War Games

REG LABEL (Not the retail ones we all know OR the NTSC/Canadian or PAL) Matte feel

2010 The Graphic Adventure Game ("2010" is in white letters)

B.C.'s Quest for Tires II: Grog's Revenge (Regular yellow text, that looks airbrushed onto a negative before it was printed and has a small rectangular label under it)

POSSIBLE NEW DISCOVERY --> Fortune Builders (Matte label with "Fortune Builders" with an S! (NOT "Fortune Builder" as we all know it) on the label and IN THE GAME!

ATARI 2600 CARTS (Reg retail)

KID VID Smurfs Save the Day (Cart and 3 cassettes, no system)

KID VID Berenstain Bears (Complete in box!)

WHITE LABEL CARTS (Protos or Copy carts??)

Roc n' Rope

Wing War (Imagic)

AND my two favorite items:

3 ring binder FROM the 1984 CES show STUFFED with ads, order forms, line art, prices, activities of the day, floor plan layout for Coleco!!, presentations, etc...

ADAM DIAGNOSTIC CARTRIDGE!!!! (NM/MT and works PERFECTLY!)

I have dubbed this this the Barry Hausman collection in his honor (He is listed in the 3 ring binder as a sales rep) and wanted to share this wonderful collection with my fellow collectors.

And yes once everything's figured out, I will be selling many of the rarer pieces It's time to share it with the world

PICS COMING SOON!!!

Edited by Shantai

That is pretty effin' cool Santai. Any chance you'd want to run the contents of the binder through a scanner at some point? I would love to look at that stuff!

Yes! everything will be scanned, pics, etc for all to enjoy b4 I most likely eBay them

As I am getting alot of mails, etc about this collection :)

Edited by Shantai

Here are some interesting things and pics I discovered on the Fortune Builders (Proto?) Cart:

Ill start with pics of the chip itself. I was able to carefully lift 40% of the label without damaging it to get the chip.

The 1st pic is the back. Notice Coleco on it. (Enlarge to see it :))

post-26074-127134581008_thumb.jpg

Here are some interesting things and pics I discovered on the Fortune Builders (Proto?) Cart:

Ill start with pics of the chip itself. I was able to carefully lift 40% of the label without damaging it to get the chip.

Here's the front of the chip

post-26074-127134610557_thumb.jpg

These pics show the carts side by side to show the difference. (Note: the top of the label was always loose since I received it :( It can easily be glued down, I just don't want to tamper with it)

And a pic of the Cart by itself :)

post-26074-127134625348_thumb.jpg

post-26074-127134638455_thumb.gif

Now the Screen shots!

Pic #1 shows the Fortune Builders welcome screen (Notice no 3rd party copyright)

Pic #2 shows a standard Fortune Builder welcome screen. (Grabbed off the net, my pic seemed to not wanna upload :()

Pic #3 shows the Fortune Builders Map (Notice no pre-built stuff) There is also NO MUSIC during this screen or the play screen

Pic #4 shows a standard Fortune Builder Map (Grabbed off the net for similar reason)

Pic #5 shows the Fortune Builders selection or play screen (Ill list the price differences below) Notice the play map is shown, and there are also NO ALERTS scrolling either.

Pic #6 shows a standard Fortune Builder selection or play screen.

Price differences:

Fortune Builders/Fortune Builder

Road 5/25

Gasoline 50/100

Motel 300/400

Toll Booth 10/400 (wow, BIG diff lol!)

Bridge 1000/1000 hmmmm..

post-26074-127134678946_thumb.jpg

post-26074-127134711124_thumb.gif

post-26074-127134716834_thumb.jpg

post-26074-127134727373_thumb.gif

post-26074-12713472903_thumb.jpg

post-26074-127134760782_thumb.png

Does the grass, water and beach actually have that much more detail in the prototype or is it just your tv screen?

I always thought those areas needed more texture to them.

Good question, the TV I received from a client along with around 30 Black Label 2600 carts they were throwing out. The TV is from 1985, so it may just be the tv. Ill check later :)

Im curious tho, anyone know if for sure this Fortune Builders is a Prototype, WIP, or a copy cart based on the chip pics? :) ty! (Though I doubt its a copy cart lol)

It's a prototype for sure

If you ever want to dump your cartridges, I can dump them for you (just by the edge of conector... so no need to open them :))

Im curious tho, anyone know if for sure this Fortune Builders is a Prototype, WIP, or a copy cart based on the chip pics? :) ty! (Though I doubt its a copy cart lol)

If you ever want to dump your cartridges, I can dump them for you (just by the edge of conector... so no need to open them :))

:) Yeah I'm checking with some friends on how to dump them :) I'd gladly share all the games b4 I eBay the collection :)

• Like 3

:) Yeah I'm checking with some friends on how to dump them :) I'd gladly share all the games b4 I eBay the collection :)

Yay! That's cool! :D

Can't wait to try these!

+1 for you ;)

• Like 1

Yay! That's cool! :D

Can't wait to try these!

+1 for you ;)

hehe, what fun is a game if only one person can play it? ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...