IGNORED

57 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

ThumpNugget

Superb! That is at least another 25 books with the few I have remaining that were not included.. Sounds like a second torrent instead sticking them up one by one :)

Talking with Allan.. I'd like to try and have the next torrent before I go on vacation (May 22). If anyone has books that have not been included now would be a good time to cough them up! Just looking for third party books - no manuals or Atari technical docs or catalogs.

It would be excellent if we could hit 100 books :)

Here is the missing second edition of Your Atari Computer.

I was not even aware they made a second edition.. I ended up with five of these while collecting the books and none of them were the XL edition. I take it they are fairly uncommon in comparison.

B&C currently sells this book (I bought it there).

I would donate my copy of this book to be scanned...

oops, didn't notice that Allan had already offered up this one. I'll go back and see if I have anything else "un-coughed".

**EDIT**

ok, I think I've found a few others. Thump, let me know if you want 'em.

ataribooks.jpg

ataribooks2.jpg

Edited by retrobits

Wow, lots of good stuff potentially coming. I wonder what that "Hackerbook" is all about.

It's a book of assembly language routines with hardware/interface/data structure descriptions and source code. Numeric IO & arithmetic, String IO, CIO, Disk IO, Boot sector, cartridge loader, eprom burner, add custom device, bootable tape code, tape to disk copier, interfacing the Atari with other machines, 300 baud data xfer via joystick ports, printer IO. For a few projects it includes circuit board layout and wiring diagrams.

Edited by retrobits

Wow, lots of good stuff potentially coming. I wonder what that "Hackerbook" is all about.

It's a book of assembly language routines with hardware/interface/data structure descriptions and source code. Numeric IO & arithmetic, String IO, CIO, Disk IO, Boot sector, cartridge loader, eprom burner, add custom device, bootable tape code, tape to disk copier, interfacing the Atari with other machines, 300 baud data xfer via joystick ports, printer IO. For a few projects it includes circuit board layout and wiring diagrams.

Thanks for the description. I hope that one makes it at some point, because it sounds like one of the most interesting ones to me.

I would donate my copy of this book to be scanned. I used to pour over this as a kid. Has a great map of Adventure included too.

atarisoftware1983.JPG

I remember checking out the 1984 edition of that from the public library over and over again. That's a fun read. As a kid, it was fun to leaf through the game reviews and such, and the scathing Atari 2600 reviews in the back.

Quick update: I've scanned what was left of my books and have finished scanning retrobits books (Thanks much to retrobits! They are on their way back to you now). Allans books have been mailed so I'm expecting them any day and I have two others books coming in the mail (Your Atari Computer XL Edition and a De Re Atari since I lost mine and can't find the scan I made). There is also a few books on my FTP server people have sent that I plan on going through tonight...

As soon as Allan's books are scanned I plan on starting a new thread ad witht he new list and see if we can get a few more stragglers. Point being that the books that have been posted and talked about is all their is so if you have any books that have not been discussed and you would like to get them scanned and into the next torrent please get in touch. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just finishing these up.. Here is what is in the second set:

ABCs of Atari Computers

Atari 130XE Machine Language for the Absolute Beginner

Atari Assembly Language Programmers Guide

Atari BASIC Faster and Better

Atari BASIC Tutorial

Atari for Kids from 8 to 80

Atari for the Beginning Beginner

Atari Player-Missile Graphics

Atari Software Protection Techniques

Basic Atari BASIC

Computers for Kids Atari Edition

Computes Atari Collection Vol 1

Computes Atari Collection Vol 2

Computes First Book of Atari Games

De Re Atari

Designs from your Mind with Atari Graphics

Dr C. Wacko Presents Atari BASIC

Games for your Atari Computer

Hackerbook for your Atari Computer

Home Applications and Games for the Atari

Kids and the Atari

Master Memory Map

Mostly BASIC Applications for your Atari Book 1

Mostly BASIC Applications for your Atari Book 2

SpeedScript

Stimulating Simulations

The Atari Playground

The Best of Antic Anthology

The Book of Atari Software 1983

The Master Memory Map

The User's Guide to Atari 400 800 Computers

The Musical Atari

The Visicalc Book Atari Edition

Things to do with your Atari Computer

Time Lost - A Computer Adventure

Tricky Tutorials #7 Disk Utilities

Your Atari Computer Comes Alive

Your Atari Computer XL Edition

And the covers:

post-12606-127362227714_thumb.jpg

38 Books.. (8000 pages, 2.1 Gigs) 24 of them came from Allan, 6 of them came from Retrobits.. So thanks to those guys! I have some extra stuff to ship you (books are already on the way) I'll be sending them Saturday..

Anyway.. This looks to be it unless anyone has any last minute books they would like to add....

Thumpnugget: I will never forget you. Many years from now (assuming continued life) I will still be looking at this stuff, and remain grateful.

The stuff you did with the Atari magazines, and the previous books - is the stuff quiet evenings are made of for many moons now. When I'm teary-eyed and ready for bed, I take comfort that there's so very much material that indeed there's a possibility I will never get through it all. Now what is better than that??? Sure beats having no material!!!!

While (or should I say IF) I have a tiny bit of attention, I wanted to ask about this: Is it possible that someone has scanned/has access to the ST-log magazines from Analog magazine? We have the full ANTIC, ANALOG, and START, but the ST-LOG is missing, and would contribute to a completion of the Atari mags. Please note this is not a "request" because you're not in the business of accepting requests, and I'm in no position to make them; indeed, what have I done for you? This is merely a minor inquiry, which is momentously overshadowed by my gratitude for what you have already done.

JW

I said it before and I will say it again. While the internet is a wonderful tool, my kids are going to miss out on something that I held dear to my heart. Sitting around going over the latest magazine with a fine tooth comb. It was our internet in that it was at most times my only source for information on our beloved computers. I had four magazines before my Atari 800 was shipped, and I had started teaching myself to program before I even had the computer. I remember writing programs in a notepad and just dying to see if they would work while waiting for my new computer to show up. It's a different world we live in, and I do have to give it credit though. Being able to carry every book made for the Atari 8bit, and every magazine published in a hard drive smaller than a pack of cigarettes does have some appeal.

Thanks to ThumpNugget and all who have sacrificed their magazines and books for this effort!