IGNORED

Suncom Joy Sensor

Cool! For some odd reason I really get attracted to the "strange" items in almost anything -- if it's standard, I might take a look, but if it's something incredibly weird and out-of-the-ordinary, I'm all over it. Does this thing basically work like a big D-pad or Intellivision Disc? You just touch the little spots on it and it moves like a joystick held in that direction?

Cool! For some odd reason I really get attracted to the "strange" items in almost anything -- if it's standard, I might take a look, but if it's something incredibly weird and out-of-the-ordinary, I'm all over it. Does this thing basically work like a big D-pad or Intellivision Disc? You just touch the little spots on it and it moves like a joystick held in that direction?

Pretty much yes, you do not need to press too hard either, as I said it seems odd at first but you adjust.

Okay, as long as you don't mind, I paid $10 shipped for it. :)

Aroo! Expletive deleted! Man, that was a friggin' steal! I always wondered what these were like. Most retro controllers are crap (sorry guys, it's true) but it would have been nice to see one buck that trend with responsive control.

I have yet to use it! Received it in amazing condition as per usual. :) It's sitting on my coffee table in front of the Atari just waiting, but I've been so busy with the CGE Project that I haven't had time. I am amazed at how big the thing actually is, I figured it would be small Nintendo D-pad sized. Felt the sensor controller disc thing, feels like a very light touch will get it to move your character. Very cool little device! I am a sucker for Suncom joysticks, too, as a Slik Stik is my primary joy for 2600 gaming. Everything they made seems to be of high quality and easy to use!