IGNORED

Harmony price increase

batari

Harmony carts are selling reasonably well, but it is taking a long time to pull out of the red since costs were so high and the price fairly low. Finally, I did a detailed audit of everything and I am simply not charging enough for it. The break-even point will occur at a staggering 600 units sold. At this rate, it may never happen or at least take so long that it will be hard to justify financing future projects. Also, some supplies are becoming hard to find, and it may not even be possible to produce that many without a redesigning one of the boards.

Harmony is still the cheapest flash cart ever made for the 2600 by a wide margin, and perhaps among the cheapest flash cart for any system. Many who have purchased Harmony have commented on how much of a bargain it is. Please consider this decision was difficult to make but I felt it necessary to ensure that we can continue investing in quality products for your favorite consoles.

Effective immediately, Standard edition price has increased $10 to $59.99, and Deluxe edition has increased $5 to $79.99.

• Like 4

Harmony is still the cheapest flash cart ever made for the 2600 by a wide margin, and perhaps among the cheapest flash cart for any system. Many who have purchased Harmony have commented on how much of a bargain it is.

As someone who can speak somewhat authoritatively on flashcarts for all types of systems, yes the Harmony is a really good bargain. ;)

Harmony is still the cheapest flash cart ever made for the 2600 by a wide margin, and perhaps among the cheapest flash cart for any system. Many who have purchased Harmony have commented on how much of a bargain it is.

As someone who can speak somewhat authoritatively on flashcarts for all types of systems, yes the Harmony is a really good bargain. ;)

Arrrrr. :ahoy:

I've already got mine I still need a sd card. I could got a 4gig for 7.00 from frys.com but I hesitated. hopefully there will be another offer coming from deal news

but anyways the harmony is the best deal for future 2600 programmers and those who just like to play games.

Go to Amazon.com search for SD Card.

I just saw SanDisk 4G cards for $5.90, you might be able to find some even cheaper. (4 gig is a little overkill though)

I've already got mine I still need a sd card. I could got a 4gig for 7.00 from frys.com but I hesitated. hopefully there will be another offer coming from deal news

but anyways the harmony is the best deal for future 2600 programmers and those who just like to play games.

Go to Amazon.com search for SD Card.

I just saw SanDisk 4G cards for $5.90, you might be able to find some even cheaper. (4 gig is a little overkill though)

I got dealnews alerts letting me know when a good deal come along. mostly it's been for microcards and adapters. I think the harmony has problems with card adapters.

yeah 4 gig is overkill, hopefully smaller size one will show up.

(I also have amazon alerts for sd cards as well)

I ordered a cart a month ago and couldn't be happier with it. I'll probably be ordering a second shortly (one to use in a 2600 console and the other for a FB2 mod) and have no problem with the new price. I want to see this be a successful venture for this site!!

The break-even point will occur at a staggering 600 units sold. At this rate, it may never happen or at least take so long that it will be hard to justify financing future projects.

First off, a big "thank you" to you and the rest of the people involved for the Harmony cartridge. It has to be one of the best purchases I've made for my Atari 2600 collection, especially getting in early on it with the deluxe package and Stella CD.

Second, are you at liberty to say how many +/- Harmony cartridges have been sold to date?

In closing, I think the price increase is more then fair, especially for everything the Harmony cartridge can do and the awesome support behind it.

• Like 2

I got dealnews alerts letting me know when a good deal come along. mostly it's been for microcards and adapters. I think the harmony has problems with card adapters.

According to the specification, micro-SD cards are not required to implement the SPI protocol (which the Harmony requires). However, all of the micro-SD cards that I have tried work fine with the Harmony (using an adaptor). If it is a genuine branded micro-SD card, then you will probably not have problems. If there are problems they will show up immediately as the Harmony will not be able to read the card at all.

Chris

Glad I just bought mine a couple weeks ago! The price is still very cheap, compared to other Flash carts. Most are $130 or more. Just because this is for the old simplistic 2600 doesn't mean it costs that much less to produce than one for an NES.

I'm using a 128 MD SD card that I've had from years back. That would fit the entire 2600 library several times over.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the specification, micro-SD cards are not required to implement the SPI protocol (which the Harmony requires). However, all of the micro-SD cards that I have tried work fine with the Harmony (using an adaptor). If it is a genuine branded micro-SD card, then you will probably not have problems. If there are problems they will show up immediately as the Harmony will not be able to read the card at all.

Chris

I gave in and went for a 4gig micro-sd card with adapter from buy.com 9.95 (free shipping)I know 4 meg is a bit over kill,but I do want to try out the harmony.

if it doesn't work no big, I can always use it my laptop and can always get another card later on.(I have a friend who might be lending his for VGS)

Chris

I gave in and went for a 4gig micro-sd card with adapter from buy.com 9.95 (free shipping)I know 4gb is a bit over kill,but I do want to try out the harmony.

if it doesn't work no big, I can always use it my laptop and can always get another card later on.(I have a friend who might be lending his for VGS)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Chris

I gave in and went for a 4gig micro-sd card with adapter from buy.com 9.95 (free shipping)I know 4gb is a bit over kill,but I do want to try out the harmony.

I've been using a 4gb micro-sd card w/sd adapter without any problems. Its a san-disk branded card.

Chris

I've been using a 4gb micro-sd card w/sd adapter without any problems. Its a san-disk branded card.

the one I'm getting is a kingston card it also a sdhc

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-4gb-microsdhc-card-w-full-size-sd-adapter-kingston-4gb/q/loc/101/205728935.html

Harmony carts are selling reasonably well, but it is taking a long time to pull out of the red since costs were so high and the price fairly low. Finally, I did a detailed audit of everything and I am simply not charging enough for it. The break-even point will occur at a staggering 600 units sold. At this rate, it may never happen or at least take so long that it will be hard to justify financing future projects. Also, some supplies are becoming hard to find, and it may not even be possible to produce that many without a redesigning one of the boards.

Harmony is still the cheapest flash cart ever made for the 2600 by a wide margin, and perhaps among the cheapest flash cart for any system. Many who have purchased Harmony have commented on how much of a bargain it is. Please consider this decision was difficult to make but I felt it necessary to ensure that we can continue investing in quality products for your favorite consoles.

Effective immediately, Standard edition price has increased $10 to $59.99, and Deluxe edition has increased $5 to $79.99.

Hi there Batari,

I saw this cart recently and want to grab one. I live in Australia and was wondering what postage to Oz would be? When i am on the site to order you need to complete the order before you get to the shipping page. Just wanted to ensure it wasn't something ridiculous before I placed my order. Also would these carts work on a PAL Atari 6 switch? Our TV's down here support NTSC and PAL so I am suspecting that they will.

Thanks

Hi there Batari,

I saw this cart recently and want to grab one. I live in Australia and was wondering what postage to Oz would be? When i am on the site to order you need to complete the order before you get to the shipping page. Just wanted to ensure it wasn't something ridiculous before I placed my order. Also would these carts work on a PAL Atari 6 switch? Our TV's down here support NTSC and PAL so I am suspecting that they will.

Thanks

Harmony works on an Atari-branded PAL 6-switch. If you have a clone console, particularly one with built-in games, Harmony might not work without modifications.

Shipping to Oz (or anywhere in the world outside the USA, Canada, or Mexico) is USD 13.50. It is shipped in a USPS flat rate priority box. Since I pay USD 13.49 to ship these, I am only charging one cent above the actual shipping cost :)

Hi there Batari,

Thanks

Harmony works on an Atari-branded PAL 6-switch. If you have a clone console, particularly one with built-in games, Harmony might not work without modifications.

Shipping to Oz (or anywhere in the world outside the USA, Canada, or Mexico) is USD 13.50. It is shipped in a USPS flat rate priority box. Since I pay USD 13.49 to ship these, I am only charging one cent above the actual shipping cost :)

COOL!!

I am ordering mine right now!! Is there stock available?