IGNORED

Harmony price increase

batari

• 2 weeks later...

They are built to order, but yes, parts are available to build them.

Hi Batari,

Just got my cart in the mail today. Can't believe how fast it came. Shipping from the US is nearly as fast as getting it from interstate in OZ.

Just wanted to say that I am in Heaven at the moment. Have uploaded all my roms and have been smashing them. Thanks so much for the speedy service.

Just a question about running NTSC on a PAL console. Most TV's here in OZ support NTSC and PAL but the colours seem a bit odd when playing NTSC games. I am suspecting that this is normal behaviour. In any case I have seperated the PAL roms to a single folder so that I can easily find them.

Great product!!

Thanks again

I ordered a deluxe one very late on Tuesday, June 1st and it arrived here in PA, USA, Monday, June 7th.

I ordered my second Standard Edition unit early AM on June 4 as a gift for a friend and Google Checkout still says "not yet shipped". :( I guess I shoulda bought the Deluxe Edition. ;)

I did notice the price had increased when I placed the order but thought to myself, "So what?". Indeed, $60 is still an excellent price. When you try to compare Harmony to other Flash carts with respect to overall value (functionality, quality, support for the money) the comparison gets way lopsided way fast.

Edited by BigO

I ordered a deluxe one very late on Tuesday, June 1st and it arrived here in PA, USA, Monday, June 7th.

I ordered my second Standard Edition unit early AM on June 4 as a gift for a friend and Google Checkout still says "not yet shipped". :( I guess I shoulda bought the Deluxe Edition. ;)

I did notice the price had increased when I placed the order but thought to myself, "So what?". Indeed, $60 is still an excellent price. When you try to compare Harmony to other Flash carts with respect to overall value (functionality, quality, support for the money) the comparison gets way lopsided way fast.

You ordered just after last week's shipments went out. Harmony carts are made to order and I've only had time to build carts and ship them once a week lately. The next batch will go out tomorrow (including yours.) Ordering a deluxe wouldn't have mattered - they aren't prioritized, all carts are made and delivered on a first come, first served basis.

You ordered just after last week's shipments went out. Harmony carts are made to order and I've only had time to build carts and ship them once a week lately. The next batch will go out tomorrow (including yours.) Ordering a deluxe wouldn't have mattered - they aren't prioritized, all carts are made and delivered on a first come, first served basis.

No worries, I was just kiddin'. I really wasn't expecting it to ship until a weekend had passed, real life being what it is and all.

Thanks for the great service.

The price is still very fair. I ordered mine today!

What sealed the deal was the progress made using the cart as a co-processor. As Batari is deeply rooted in this thing I'm anticipating he'll add support into Batari Basic. Now, I can target plain-old 2600's and in the future I can use my Batari Basic knowledge to make enhanced games. What's not to love?

As a bonus the Retrode guy seems to be making some progress on a 2600 adapter so I can legally rip my games.

As a bonus the Retrode guy seems to be making some progress on a 2600 adapter so I can legally rip my games.

What does this mean?

[EDIT]: Oh, now I see after finding Retrode.org.

Is there much to be gained in doing this for the 2600? I think most ROMs are available already for use with emulators. I guess there are some homebrew games that haven't been released.

Edited by BigO

What does this mean?

The Retrode is a device that makes your cartridge appear as just another drive letter in Windows. You can copy-and-paste the ROM data to your PC. Once the cartridge data is copied to your PC you can run an Emulator to play your game.

In my country you must own the game and dump the ROM yourself in order to be covered by "fair-use". Once the Retrode has an adapter for Atari 2600 games I can dump the games I own to the Harmony. No more sifting through piles of games!

http://www.retrode.org/wordpress/

What does this mean?

The Retrode is a device that makes your cartridge appear as just another drive letter in Windows. You can copy-and-paste the ROM data to your PC. Once the cartridge data is copied to your PC you can run an Emulator to play your game.

In my country you must own the game and dump the ROM yourself in order to be covered by "fair-use". Once the Retrode has an adapter for Atari 2600 games I can dump the games I own to the Harmony. No more sifting through piles of games!

http://www.retrode.org/wordpress/

"Dump the ROM yourself" is certainly a key distinction.

Apparently, you're referring to a "Video Game Brain" as "Game Brain" kept showing me an obscure (unreleased?) Atari console.

If I were to hack together a device to work with the Harmony-based cart dumping, would I just need to do a simple Chip Select/Chip Enable to switch between the game cart and Harmony? Or is there something more elaborate inside the Video Game Brain that would be needed?

Apparently, you're referring to a "Video Game Brain" as "Game Brain" kept showing me an obscure (unreleased?) Atari console.

If I were to hack together a device to work with the Harmony-based cart dumping, would I just need to do a simple Chip Select/Chip Enable to switch between the game cart and Harmony? Or is there something more elaborate inside the Video Game Brain that would be needed?

Apparently, I do mean "Video Game Brain" but a homemade device that gives you two cart slots and allows setting A12 high or low on either slot would also work.

It would be easy to lay out a board for such a device, and would not require any logic chips. The edge connectors (either through hole, but deep enough to insert a cart, or straddle-mount) might be hard to find for a reasonable price, though.

Apparently, I do mean "Video Game Brain" but a homemade device that gives you two cart slots and allows setting A12 high or low on either slot would also work.

It would be easy to lay out a board for such a device, and would not require any logic chips. The edge connectors (either through hole, but deep enough to insert a cart, or straddle-mount) might be hard to find for a reasonable price, though.

I'm trying to find information about the "Video Game Brain" but i also just keep pulling up the unreleased Game Brain. Do you think you can link me to the relevant information about it. I just cant seem to find it using Google.