IGNORED

WANTED: Rayman

Gulpy

Hey folks.

I've been TO these forums years ago but have never really been ON them.

As for my name, people called me Gulpy because of my excessive tendency to gulp loudly and slowly, causing a huge mass of liquid (often mountain dew) to fill my esophagus in a ball-like shape as I swallowed it, in addition to making exagerated cartoon-like gestures.

Although I don't really collect or buy Atari stuff in general, nonetheless I came here looking for a copy of Rayman on Jaguar, either loose or CIB, or CB, or CI, etc.

According to the Atari Age database, Rayman is allegedly rarer (6) than Mutant Penguins (7), the latter of which I have CIB. However, according to eBay, CIB Penguins is worth a mere 20 dollars, even sealed(?), and Rayman is 30+ just for a loose cartridge! I can't find that many resources to buy Rayman on Jaguar either.

So I want to know how accurate that is, and if anyone is willing to sell me a copy of Rayman for Jaguar.

Well $50 obo. I usually ALWAYS have a sale going (it just ended last night), I had it at 20% off and I told him I would take a $31 best offer plus $4 shipping... ;)

By the way I just closed my ebay store and ended all of my auctions. Decided to sell my stuff on various gaming forums again. This is why:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161010-wow-just-wow/

Edited by kevincal

$50 is about what they go for shipped... And I don't see them up very often either (more often in euro auctions for some reason)

It's worth the cost IMO

Honestly, it's worth the cost if you don't have a PS1, PS2 or PS3 that is backwards compatible. If you have any of those three systems, and you aren't a hardcore Jaguar collector, just nab the PS1 version for like $15 or less. The Jaguar version is about equal to it, but I don't understand why it of all games seems to have exploded in cost lately on the Jaguar. There are other system exclusives that are much better I think...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Rayman has very smooth animation and nice color.

It's sad, but the only Rayman I ever purchased was the Rayman Sega Saturn Sampler Demo (for $5 at EB, when they used to sell those things). I just wasn't as much into platforming then, I wanted polygons! Now I'm looking all over for a nice copy of Rayman for Jaguar at a reasonable price, go figure.

At least I have that rare demo still!