IGNORED

Authentic Activision Patch?

primeform

ah sweet. where did you get yours from? any story behind why they were never released?

I got mine from another AA member who seemed to recall several in a bag of mixed patches, but mine is the only one I've ever seen, Todd Rogers supposedly might have one, and other than that, it's still a mystery. Not sure why the version in the manual seems to be practically non-existent, which is why I'd really like to see that internal Activision memo Klove was talking about.

ah sweet. where did you get yours from? any story behind why they were never released?

I got mine from another AA member who seemed to recall several in a bag of mixed patches, but mine is the only one I've ever seen, Todd Rogers supposedly might have one, and other than that, it's still a mystery. Not sure why the version in the manual seems to be practically non-existent, which is why I'd really like to see that internal Activision memo Klove was talking about.

Todd is secretive about this?

Todd is secretive about this?

Not secretive, no, only that other people have told me that he has a complete patch collection, so more like secondhand information. I've never had any interaction with Todd. There are a lot of people who collect Atari (and other things, too) that never comment publicly on their collections.

what about the imagic patches? I've never seen one.

The consensus seems to be that, while advertised by Imagic, they were never produced.

(For what it's worth, the wiki entry on Imagic mentions patches and even the AA page on Contests has an entry for them, although it's blank.)

I've seen Imagic posters (although never any of the "Super Star" stickers). Does anyone have the Experts Club game decal, t-shirt, or jacket?

The Imagic Clubhouse sold a bunch of stuff, too.

I think it's crazy how things can go unsold, sit in a warehouse somewhere for years, etc.

There's some guy who occasionally has NOS Black Knight Pinball machines on eBay. He's had a few. Brand new in the boxes still.

Patches maybe I can understand a bit more since they're small, but whole freakin pinball machines?

I think it's crazy how things can go unsold, sit in a warehouse somewhere for years, etc.

There's some guy who occasionally has NOS Black Knight Pinball machines on eBay. He's had a few. Brand new in the boxes still.

Patches maybe I can understand a bit more since they're small, but whole freakin pinball machines?

same thing for boxed atari store displays ... how do these just "sit around" for 20 years?

Are you sure those You Suck patches aren't pretty safe legally if they just didn't say activision on them? I don't know much about it but I imagine it'd be covered under parody law

i guess that if they wouldn't say activision on them, i would be the first one to deserve a "you suck" patch :D :P

i guess next time i will be in asia i will "find some" just by coincidence and then send some PMs her on AA ;)

Edited by jahfish

Are you sure those You Suck patches aren't pretty safe legally if they just didn't say activision on them? I don't know much about it but I imagine it'd be covered under parody law

i guess that if they wouldn't say activision on them, i would be the first one to deserve a "you suck" patch :D :P

Maybe you could have them say "Hackivision."

• 6 years later...

Oh, and I almost forgot the Fishing Derby patch. You don't have that one either. I think aftermac is the only one to own that one.

Sorry about the mega-bump but I need to know.....

Who made this patch?

Send me a PM asap please!

Thanks

Edited by Machine

It was just a photo edit by the member "aftermac" - you can PM him.

The You Suck patch -- and especially the letter -- that Nathan Strum cracks me up.

Thanks atari_envy.

Looks like he was last active in 2013. Anyone have a way of getting a hold of him? I sent a PM but I highly doubt he will see it.

oh....that you suck patch IS a crack up. It would be so cool if someone made it! ;)

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1