IGNORED

I just beat Troy Aikman NFL Football

jeremiahjt

So apparently I've forgotten a lot about this game. I didn't even remember you could customize your own plays. The play that always worked best for me is below. It's a custom play I set up back when I was really into this game. I've drawn in the routes for the receivers so you can set yours up the same way. After you snap the ball, the fullback ("C" on the diagram) will run to the right and cut downfield. Nobody ever covers him, so this will set you up for some easy touchdowns.

Custom%20play_zpsj3lfu7q8.jpg

On defense, it's not too hard to get interceptions during passing plays. I just try to get a defender in the area of the pass and mash the B button, and every now and then I come up with an interception.

• Like 1

I'm having fun rampaging through a season on this right now..

The other fun fact is that this version is unique to jaguar. This game WAS on SNES and GENESIS, but those are completely different versions where the camera is zoomed out much farther and the players are much smaller. They share a menu screen and game select screen but that's about it. The engines don't look similar either

So chalk this one up as NOT another 16 bit port :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's that time of year again...anyone else playing through a season?

Despite not getting much love from critics, I find this to be a pretty fun and playable football game.

Tecmo Super Bowl for NES and Troy Aikmen football are my two favorites. I might start a new season for Troy Aikmen soon.

So apparently I've forgotten a lot about this game. I didn't even remember you could customize your own plays. The play that always worked best for me is below. It's a custom play I set up back when I was really into this game. I've drawn in the routes for the receivers so you can set yours up the same way. After you snap the ball, the fullback ("C" on the diagram) will run to the right and cut downfield. Nobody ever covers him, so this will set you up for some easy touchdowns.

Custom%20play_zpsj3lfu7q8.jpg

On defense, it's not too hard to get interceptions during passing plays. I just try to get a defender in the area of the pass and mash the B button, and every now and then I come up with an interception.

I had mixed luck with this play last night... The fullback takes a looong time to make his way out to the right, and the QB is pretty exposed while he is doing so. I got sacked a few times. I made sure to set it up exactly like you have above, am I doing something wrong? Should I be breaking right with the QB?

The play editor is pretty cool (first time I used it.) I also wonder what effect adjusting the salaries (mid game haha) has on the players performance (if any.)

• 11 months later...

Hard to believe just a few days short of a year has passed since I last posted on this thread... dusted this one off tonight and played a few games in my Patriots season. I'm going to actually try to beat it before the super bowl this year.

Anyone else playing now that we are approaching the playoffs?

• Like 1

Hard to believe just a few days short of a year has passed since I last posted on this thread... dusted this one off tonight and played a few games in my Patriots season. I'm going to actually try to beat it before the super bowl this year.

Anyone else playing now that we are approaching the playoffs?

Cleveland Browns go on an insane winning streak and clinch the wild card spot XD

More likely Jaguars vs Patriots AFC Conference Final, Philly vs Rams NFC Conference Final, hard to predict further than that

EDIT; I thought you asked for predictions whoops lol, yeah I'm playing it now haha

Edited by LianneJaguar64

I played it the other day with the Broncos vs the Cowboys, and I kicked some ass at it. I have yet to play a full season tho to try and beat the game but I should. Watching the Broncos is pointless now and would likely get more enjoyment playing through this game start to finish that watching the broncos continue their losing streak.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd year i've necrobumped this thread? :) Need to pull it up to the top to brush up on strategy for this weeks HSC round:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287641-jaguar-hsc-season-13-round-12-bonus-round/

Dust off your copy and join the fun!

(Just looked it up, 4 years i've bumped this now! haha.)

Edited by travistouchdown

• 4 weeks later...

I was halfway through a season last year in "coach" mode. But I accidentally saved over it. The menus are confusing. I haven't gone back. I usually fire up the game right before the Super Bowl and see if it can predict the winner on demo mode.

Maybe I'll play through another season someday...

Oh! Also I'm not sure if my cart is unique or if this happens to others as well. When it's time to kick or punt the ball there is supposed to be a wind and power window that pops up. My copy of Troy Aikman never shows this however, so every kick is a surprise...