IGNORED

Unconfirmed Air Raid

ThelonelyAlien

I was talking to a friend of mine when he said he remembered having an air raid and the box. He said It was strange cause it was the only T shaped game he had. Back in 1996 his mom threw it out. :sad: Of course he is not sure she threw it out. She has alzthimers or however you spell it and it's getting worse. Before, she said she threw it out, then she said she sold it, now she does not know what a video game is so. :?

Edited by ThelonelyAlien
  • Like 2

I was talking to a friend of mine when he said he remembered having an air raid and the box. He said It was strange cause it was the only T shaped game he had. Back in 1996 his mom threw it out. :sad: Of course he is not sure she threw it out. She has alzthimers or however you spell it and it's getting worse. Before, she said she threw it out, then she said she sold it, now she does not know what a video game is so. :?

Better check his garage or attic ;)

• Like 2

"I know this storys gonna be lame, but..."

MY parents bought me a copy of Air Raid in 1987 from the local pawn shop. It came with a box and shrinkwrap so pretty. I had wanted this game for so long.....!

I took it everywhere with me and ya know loved it to death, but I was all like comic book happy with it...My friends would want to touch it and I'd be like No! You can look, but no touching....

Took this game on family vacations and to school..Slept with it on the nightstand.

Then one day......I was at McDonalds eating my french fries with my grandfather.

Damn grandfather through a heart attack and we were rushed out of McDonald's faster than the 7th inning stretch....I left my Air Raid box and all right there on the table..never saw it again....

• Like 1

I have a feeling no one believes me.

The part where you say you have a friend...or the part where you say your friend has a mom....or the part where you say something about an atari cart...or the part where you say there was a yard sale and said atari cart got sold for like $0.50???

Ya' lost me there buddy....

icon_confused.gif

I gave a guy a ride home a couple nights ago cause he was stuck in the city 30+ mins, anyway he started talking about having 'the old original ataris' and 'that space game". So I told him about air raid making 31,000 and of course he had one, since it's so common nowadays.

He also said he used to deal in front of a venue I frequent, was the best battle rapper in hartford and was a good enough chess player to be called 'the puerto rican bobby fischer'. He couldn't remember bobby fischer's name correctly. I believe one of those three things.

Anyway, nice guy. So can we add this to the list of air raids out there yet?

The part where you say you have a friend...or the part where you say your friend has a mom....or the part where you say something about an atari cart...or the part where you say there was a yard sale and said atari cart got sold for like $0.50???

icon_confused.gif

It's too confusing to the Atari Community that an Air Raid may be destroyed isn't it?

Your all making fun of me right?

Edited by ThelonelyAlien
  • Like 1

icon_confused.gif

It's too confusing to the Atari Community that an Air Raid may be destroyed isn't it?

Your all making fun of me right?

Don't take things too much to heart. They're a cynical bunch in here, and with good reason. Won't be long before a warehouse full of boxed shrinkwrapped Air Raid carts are 'discovered' in China. *shrug*

I had an Air Raid cart once. Parent's had a house party/fundraiser for this guy, and my mint in box Air Raid disappeared. Finally saw it again, and the thief that took it, when he wound up on some ship talking about some mission accomplished. Apparently he laid out his plans to take over some country with my friggin Air Raid cart!

post-160-127170370929_thumb.jpg

Come to think about it, my MIB copy of Reactor also went missing around the same time my dad hired some Iranian groundskeeper a number of years ago. After he got caught, he said he already mailed it to his cousin for some sort of plans and couldn't get it back. Did see with his cousin on the news one night though.

post-160-127170442279_thumb.jpg

• Like 1