IGNORED

Unconfirmed Air Raid

ThelonelyAlien

Come to think about it, my MIB copy of Reactor also went missing around the same time my dad hired some Iranian groundskeeper a number of years ago. After he got caught, he said he already mailed it to his cousin for some sort of plans and couldn't get it back. Did see with his cousin on the news one night though.

Reactor is rare? Damnnit I just sold mine to my cousins father for $5..complete in box..whats it worth now?

Perhaps air raid is the new 'stadium events' i.e when stadium events sold for a sh*tload of lolly, lots of of them magically came out of the woodwork (or is this the same game unit constantly being re-sold)...now that air raid has sold for a sh*tload of lolly, it seems as though the same thing is happening again (i.e, lots more air raids coming out of the woodwork)

One time, about a decade before I was supposedly "born", I bought Air Raid in a Bi-Lo (it was called Hi-Bi back then...you know, before the economic recession and Food Lion). Unfortunately, on the way out of the store, I accidentally dropped it in the parking lot. I didn't realize it until we got home. We then rushed back to Bi-Lo (Hi-Bi) where my cart lay crushed on the ground. I would have had the box still, but it fell in a puddle of water and was torn up when it got run over. :rolling:

• Like 1

I was talking to a friend of mine when he said he remembered having an air raid and the box. He said It was strange cause it was the only T shaped game he had. Back in 1996 his mom threw it out. :sad: Of course he is not sure she threw it out. She has alzthimers or however you spell it and it's getting worse. Before, she said she threw it out, then she said she sold it, now she does not know what a video game is so. :?

I think your friend's mom sold to to my neighbour's uncle's sister during a spastic fit blackout after she walked across the St. Lawrence River into Canada for the sole purpose of selling his Air Raid cart as that was the only clear thought in her mind at the time was the need to get rid of that cart.

I have a feeling no one believes me.

The part where you say you have a friend...or the part where you say your friend has a mom....or the part where you say something about an atari cart...or the part where you say there was a yard sale and said atari cart got sold for like $0.50???

Ya' lost me there buddy....

icon_confused.gif

It's too confusing to the Atari Community that an Air Raid may be destroyed isn't it?

Your all making fun of me right?

Sorry, but this forum is full of D-Bags when it comes to video games, and the response they have given you is unwarranted to say the least.

But here are the scenarios that enter my mind.

Either a) Your friend has this confused with some other T handle cart or b) your friends mom did actually throw it out. Now if your friend does have the game, and with box, consider him a very, very lucky man.

Again, sorry for the behavior of the people here. You really don't deserve to be treated like crap. :|

• Like 1

Sorry, but this forum is full of D-Bags when it comes to video games, and the response they have given you is unwarranted to say the least.

I resemble that! I for one was playing nice.....this may have been better played as an April Fools joke and you for one might know something about those...since this is April and all....

Sorry to ruffle yer feather Homer and I publicly apologize to TheOnlyAlien as for my behavior. I was way out of line...

Til the next Air Raid box surfaces...there can only be one Air Raid box...

"Long Live the Solo Air Raid Box!"

I resemble that! I for one was playing nice.....this may have been better played as an April Fools joke and you for one might know something about those...since this is April and all....

Sorry to ruffle yer feather Homer and I publicly apologize to TheOnlyAlien as for my behavior. I was way out of line...

Til the next Air Raid box surfaces...there can only be one Air Raid box...

"Long Live the Solo Air Raid Box!"

Thanks for that. And to tell the truth, we are civil for the most part. I think that people saw a joke, and decided to run with it without realizing that they were screwing with a new member hard core. He just related a story, and that was it. All this other stuff though seemed to be extremely disrespectful. In fact I do not think a new member has ever been this disrespected in all the years I have been going here. Usually the new member has a reason to be ripped on, but in this case the guy seems like a nice guy, and was telling what he heard from his friend. In no way should a person deserve to go through this type of treatment for simply relaying a story.

• Like 2

Well I relayed a story here once a friend told me about an obscure game he allegedly had not one but two copies of ("Jungle Adventure II")... and because he didn't come up with any evidence despite repeated requests I now am (99.9%) convinced he was making it up. I didn't get very nice responses but yes it was way more civilized than this here... Primarily I got ignored more than ridiculed.

But it makes me wonder... How comes there's so many people making up B.S. about Atari games?

Well I relayed a story here once a friend told me about an obscure game he allegedly had not one but two copies of ("Jungle Adventure II")... and because he didn't come up with any evidence despite repeated requests I now am (99.9%) convinced he was making it up. I didn't get very nice responses but yes it was way more civilized than this here... Primarily I got ignored more than ridiculed.

But it makes me wonder... How comes there's so many people making up B.S. about Atari games?

Simple...to give us something to rant about, have fun, and a good laugh! Cheers, FB :cool:

In fact I do not think a new member has ever been this disrespected in all the years I have been going here. Usually the new member has a reason to be ripped on, but in this case the guy seems like a nice guy, and was telling what he heard from his friend. In no way should a person deserve to go through this type of treatment for simply relaying a story.

Jesus Christ dude, talk about over doing it. You would make a good lawyer.

I was talking to a friend of mine when he said he remembered having an air raid and the box. He said It was strange cause it was the only T shaped game he had. Back in 1996 his mom threw it out. :sad: Of course he is not sure she threw it out. She has alzthimers or however you spell it and it's getting worse. Before, she said she threw it out, then she said she sold it, now she does not know what a video game is so. :?

So, you're telling us that a boxed Air Raid cartridge that may or may not have ever existed, may or may not have been trashed in 1996, or may or may not have been sold. What's your point? Why are you wasting our time posting this useless may-or-may-not-be information?

• Like 3

So, you're telling us that a boxed Air Raid cartridge that may or may not have ever existed, may or may not have been trashed in 1996, or may or may not have been sold. What's your point? Why are you wasting our time posting this useless may-or-may-not-be information?

Are you saying you may or may not get pissed off?

He may or may not answer your question !

First Homer, oh heck yes new members have been disrespected far worse over the years, in fact many times that I know of.

Second, perhaps if this individual stated the intent of the information they posted it would have been more helpful in determining a proper response. It is very difficult to even know what to think when there are so many variables that may or may not exist.

When something sells for a mattress full of cash that may have otherwise been considered old or worthless, many people have sudden vague recollections and subsequently go to the site mentioned in whatever news media it was broadcast in.

They usually either are looking get 10 minutes of fame perhaps because they are bored or are attention who...seekers, seek to quickly profit from something that may or may not be real, honestly aren't sure and want more info, or rarely genuinely have the game, and also could be interested in the hobby etc.

It's always good to get new honest intelligent individuals as members or perhaps those who wish to rekindle an interest they had when younger. It keeps our interests alive and growing especially when it's an older thing that by some standards may be considered antiquated. Unfortunately, it also brings a lot of bored kids with poor grammatical skills, ignorant individuals, people who want to start trouble or want attention (as aforementioned), and other general riff-raff and problems. It's very much a 2 way street imo.

Best suggestion for new members is to read and acquaint yourself with the forum guidelines and understand that when people are constantly bombarded with massive amounts of info about the same thing over and over again, it does get very tiring very quickly especially if that particular something is the first thing you post about. It also brings a high level of skepticism from current members when it involves something very rare and costly, also understandably so.

It is possible to question and disagree while being respectful but the person posting the info originally has to give something to work with as well. We just all need to be a bit patient, even if we aren't naturally so(like me occasionally, lol) and things will quiet down again until the next big thing. :)

A nice start is to look over the topics being discussed, perhaps post in the introduction forums, ask questions either via thread or PM a moderator if you are unsure, use the search feature to look up things of interest, and to settle in and enjoy all the knowledge and info here on the forums. Welcome to all and please enjoy your stay.

A nice start is to look over the topics being discussed, perhaps post in the introduction forums, ask questions either via thread or PM a moderator if you are unsure, use the search feature to look up things of interest, and to settle in and enjoy all the knowledge and info here on the forums. Welcome to all and please enjoy your stay.

I started off posting in the introduction section and everybody welcomed me with open arms. And that's what i like about this place. I always recommend AtariAge in my Youtube videos and tell everybody how nice everybody is, and how much of close knit community this is, where everybody gets along and everybody has your back.

But of course i'm mainly talking about the Intellivision section. Intellivision folk stick together, not sure how it is on the Atari side. ;) :D

Edited by rgw825

He may or may not answer your question !

Oh my God! We've entered some sort of Schrodinger world where singularities have melded! The question actually currently exists in the superposition of both 'will be answered' and 'won't be answered'!