IGNORED

Beware of Final Fight: Double Impact

Mendon

so how does PSN label warhawk?

my guess is that they're pretty clear that's an online-only game.

Warhawk is the only other psn game I know of that's handled with this kind of licensing. (24hr restriction on sharing, online only, etc)

I mean it's not like we've needed an active internet connection to play final fight at any previous point in the last 20 years.

Edited by Reaperman

Unbelievable.

Yep. I just listed a completely plausible scenario that any one in a rural area of the US without an internet connection might have engaged in. To date, he would have had no issues. Someone selling a consumer any product, even if it's just a bunch of 1's and 0's, should not be asking that person to assume anything in regards to that product. This is their business and their lively hood and ripping someone off and then telling them, oh well you should have assumed this or that, is wrong. At least it seem very wrong, illegal even. I'm telling you, I'd contact a lawyer and at least run it by them.

C'mon Crapcom, after all the Street Fighter II revisions and pointless Megaman spinoffs we've bought from you guys, you can do better than this. Now I'm starting to figure out why Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has a lower fighter roster - so that we'll be obligated to buy the rest of the characters later as DLC.

Unbelievable.

Yep. I just listed a completely plausible scenario that any one in a rural area of the US without an internet connection might have engaged in. To date, he would have had no issues. Someone selling a consumer any product, even if it's just a bunch of 1's and 0's, should not be asking that person to assume anything in regards to that product. This is their business and their lively hood and ripping someone off and then telling them, oh well you should have assumed this or that, is wrong. At least it seem very wrong, illegal even. I'm telling you, I'd contact a lawyer and at least run it by them.

I completetly agree.....I actually felt like finding a lawyer on this earlier today. Sadly I'm falling into the herds of other people who just get tired of the whole thing and let it go. Got a lot going on now at home so maybe if I was still 25 years old and time on my hands. It's so wrong, someone's going to cash in, its a lawsuit waiting to happen. The rat bastards.

This is the official response I got from Sony. I have been on a rampage with them back and forth. Sending them screenshots and quotes to prove whats happening.

Thank you for writing me again George regarding your refund request for Final Fight: Double Impact purchased on PlayStation®Network.

While I empathize with your situation, your request for refund still cannot be processed. While in the description for the game there is no mention of needing Internet, the fact that you purchased the game online would signify a general understanding that there is a greater likelihood that you will need Internet to play the software for that game.

Unbelievable.

I'd write them back one more time and ask if they are familiar with the term "sale under false pretense" and if so can they please explain how they are NOT guilty of this in regards to your purchase. That should get a bit more of a creative response from them I'm sure.

I don't have a PS3 but I have a 360, and I know I bought some XBLA games mainly for my children. And they do not have a Live account because I don't want them to have one.

This would be a real problem if they couldn't play a game with their account and earn success for themself.

I know there is the same issue with Indie games, and now that we discovered this (I bought Kodu & a geography game for my older son, he needs to use my account to play it), I guess I will no more buy Indie games. I mean, right now, the 360 is connected to Internet but maybe in some years, his successor will take its place in main TV set, and it will be transfered to game room without Internet access.

So a game that needs the device to be connected to Internet to be played is a no go for me...

I have not heard one word from Capcom, but did receive a reply from Sony... an automated reply that only highlighted their NO REFUND policy.

I replied back to them that until this entire matter is resolved to my satisfaction, either through a a refund, credit, or a change to the Final Fight product itself, that I would be making no further purchases from PSN. I further stated that under normal circumstances, I would have made two purchases on Thursday April 22nd: the UnCharted 2 Add On Pack & After Burner Climax. But because of misleading advertising regarding PSN products and poor customer service in resolving software issues, I would not be purchasing these two titles, and that my boycott of PSN products would continue until my issue with the Final Fight product was resolved.

I might not get anywhere with this, and I'll probably miss out on some good gaming. But enough is enough and I refuse to support corporations who treat me, their customers, like an idiot.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I have not heard one word from Capcom, but did receive a reply from Sony... an automated reply that only highlighted their NO REFUND policy.

I replied back to them that until this entire matter is resolved to my satisfaction, either through a a refund, credit, or a change to the Final Fight product itself, that I would be making no further purchases from PSN. I further stated that under normal circumstances, I would have made two purchases on Thursday April 22nd: the UnCharted 2 Add On Pack & After Burner Climax. But because of misleading advertising regarding PSN products and poor customer service in resolving software issues, I would not be purchasing these two titles, and that my boycott of PSN products would continue until my issue with the Final Fight product was resolved.

I might not get anywhere with this, and I'll probably miss out on some good gaming. But enough is enough and I refuse to support corporations who treat me, their customers, like an idiot.

Mendon

I actually was in email conversation with them. If you need another voice or anything let me know. I haven't responded since the last reply I got. Shawn Sr. makes a good point. This is a "sale under false pretense".

I don't like their end user agreement. Its too vague. We allow people to purchase "access" to PSN content or some such (other thread).

C'mon Crapcom, after all the Street Fighter II revisions and pointless Megaman spinoffs we've bought from you guys, you can do better than this. Now I'm starting to figure out why Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has a lower fighter roster - so that we'll be obligated to buy the rest of the characters later as DLC.

Should we start taking bets that the extra "dlc" characters, if any, will already be on the disc and you will just be buying the unlock code for them? :ponder:

Capcom apologizes and still takes us for fools....because they are not removing it.

http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/476720

PS3 users who downloaded the bundle of 1990s arcade classics noticed that the game quits completely if the console loses its connection to the PlayStation Network

LOL....lose your internet connection and it quits.

My god, how screwed up is that?

PS3 users who downloaded the bundle of 1990s arcade classics noticed that the game quits completely if the console loses its connection to the PlayStation Network

LOL....lose your internet connection and it quits.

My god, how screwed up is that?

at that rate they might as well just leave it on their server and charge a quarter any time I want to play it. ...actually I think I'd be okay with that...

still haven't gotten a response from my Capcom feedback, BTW.

Edited by Reaperman

at that rate they might as well just leave it on their server and charge a quarter any time I want to play it. ...actually I think I'd be okay with that...

still haven't gotten a response from my Capcom feedback, BTW.

:lol:

I agree.

I never got a response either. Bastards.

Glad to hear this. The more grief they get over this, the less they'll try to pull this BS in the future. I only hope they lose these cases. If the Final Fight DRM is the other case, and you have to imagine it is, I think they will lose. If not, it may be a sad day for gamers indeed.

I knew a class action was going to come out of all this. Buying a game and potentially not being able to play it without stating very clearly why, shouldn't be allowed. You can bet many folks would have passed.

And now another problem with a PSN game: Star Wars: Dark Forces. Read about it HERE.

People are contacting Sony about the problem and all Sony says is "Not our problem, contact LucasArts". Meanwhile, the download remains online for people to purchase even though Sony is aware of problems. Nice...... just like the issues with Final Fight, you once again exhibit tremendous customer service, Sony.

I'm glad Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc don't give me the same sort of response when I have a problem with a purchase made in their stores.

Mendon

They suck. That's why I'm not downloading anything from the their store anymore. If a game does come out that I really want, I 'll wait a long while and THEN get it. I've saved quite a bit of cash the last few months. I took my 10 bucks that I may have spent on a PSN release (like monkey island or a few mini's) and I bought Trials HD on the Xbox 360 instead. Much better.

To me whats worse is that Capcom appoligized and still didn't remove the online requirement.

I am online all the time so this was no big deal for me. The game was very fun and first time playing Magic Sword. If your online works you wont be disappointed with this game.

We're not debating if its fun or not. Yes it's fun. Yes it's Final Fight and magic sword. Weeee!!!

The issue for many people is that it was NOT advertised as being an online only game. In fact, I could see this type of DRM in some major releases but adding this type of DRM to Final Fight?? An almost 20 year old game?? WHY??

Give me a godamn break.

Oh well this is old news. No more "downloadable" Capcom classics for me and weary of everything else.