IGNORED

'test bench' TI

remowilliams

It says SMDigital on the front, but who knows on the back. I know I want one.

But a versatile screen like that one is always gonna be welcome among computer people and gamers. I know I want one.

Is that a multi cart player??? I've never heard of one of those for the TI! SWEET!

Edited by nathanallan

Sweet! Good use of the Navarone cartridge selector too. For a "real" test bench experience though, you have to ditch the TI's casing. Leave the CPU, power supply and keyboard sitting out all neked like. This way, you can swap out suspect chips and power supplies :lol:

Very nice! I like the setup and will certainly check out that funky monitor as well. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Love this note on the product page:

Note: TV does not work while in motion.

No clue what that actually means but it probably won't stop me from buying one. :D

Edited by The Codex

Sweet! Good use of the Navarone cartridge selector too. For a "real" test bench experience though, you have to ditch the TI's casing.

Yes, it's more of a 'TI on a test bench' Though she's nekkid of all her shielding underneath. :D

Yes sounds a bit odd a first... Means don't expect the ATSC (digital) tuner to get a picture when driving around. ;)

Very handy monitor! One could pack it in a small suitcase along with a console outfitted with a CF7 mini-expansion card and basically have a full working system while traveling. The Chicago TI Faire comes to mind he he... Shouldn't take much more space than one of those larger laptops out there.

One little question however: the picture shows Parsec running, yet I don't see a Parsec cart plugged in and there is no disk in the PEB. What gives?

No clue what that actually means but it probably won't stop me from buying one. :D

I guess TV reception in this case is based on some simple antenna. Like when we used to move the indoor home antenna, that would have quite erratic consequences. A bit like ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3_qEMTdc4

:lol:

One little question however: the picture shows Parsec running, yet I don't see a Parsec cart plugged in and there is no disk in the PEB. What gives?

CF7 (you can just see it on the right) and disk image. Big display on top of the PEB was busy and the PEB was not connected. ;)

Of course :) Can't get much more portable than this.