IGNORED

Ultimate1MB

candle

okay ;)

some time ago i've stated that i'm going to build memory expansion that would not require any soldering at all - well - i've failed - it requires two wires to be soldered, and end user has to have ROM and MMU chips already socketed

but here it goes:

Ultimate1MB.jpg

schematics

it contains 512k flash chip that stores SpartaDos X (448kB for SDX) and up to 4 system roms

it is compatible with 1200XL/XL/XE in any version and XEGS systems

it also has RTC onboard for use with SDX, as i've used SPI bus part an SPI host is embaded in CPLD logic onboard

estimated end of production date is 6th of may - this will be only test run for SDX developers though ;)

candle

• Like 2

because existing versions already exhausted available space, and current hardware and bank switching scheme proposed by IDC has reached its limits

i would like to see it in normal production by the end of may, but it highly depends on SDX developers

estimated price is $50, so i think it should be good value for money

Oh Man icon_lust.gif

I'm going to need at *least* two of those!

Sparta plus RTC plus 1Mb sounds like an unbeatable combination to me icon_smile.gif

It's the ultimate example of listening to the customer. 1MB is the optimum memory upgrade, SDX the ultimate DOS, and an RTC the most desirable yet most elusive extra ingredient. If I buy two, the problem is going to be deciding whether to put the second one in the 600XL or the XEGS. :)