IGNORED

Mapping the Atari ATR -- Scrozzled?

Larry

I wanted to use one of the programs from Mapping the Atari, so I downloaded the ATR (and Zip) from atariarchives.org, but when I try to LOAD several of those programs, I get Error 21 (normally not tokenized format error) or if I ENTER the programs, I get 137 -- truncated record.

I can certainly convert them from the book's text, but before I re-invent the wheel, thought I'd check here.

Does anyone have a "good" ATR of the Mapping software?

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks, Spookt.

I do appreciate your help, but this may be one of those "emulator versus hardware" ATR issues. I downloaded your ATR, and APE refuses to mount it "Error Identifying MAPPING.ATR". I rebooted my PC, re-initialized APE and rebooted the Atari. No go. I've seen this rarely, but I do recall it happening before. I'll D/L the individual files, test them, and put the ATR up here. I'll also notify Kevin if he wants to change his ATR.

-Larry

Hi Larry

It might be your download that's frazzled. I just grabbed the atr from the link Rdea6 posted and it works fine in the emulator. I'll attach my tested copy here:

MAPPING.ATR

HTH

Hang on I'll go try it on my real kit...

... yes it's dud and it causes the SIO2USB atr fixer to fail :(

OK try this one, I made a new clean atr in the emulator and copied the files over. It works on my kit via SIO2USB. Didn't test APE but the SIO2USB is picky about valid atr files so it should be OK.

newmapping.atr

Edited by spookt

Hi Spookt-

Thanks! Yes, that seems to have fixed it. I loaded about a half-dozen files and they all worked perfectly.

I wonder what caused the issue? When I copied several of the original ATR files to E:, each one had about 10 extra lines of "garbage" after the end of the regular BASIC program -- mostly character zero.

Thanks again,

Larry

Hang on I'll go try it on my real kit...

... yes it's dud and it causes the SIO2USB atr fixer to fail :(

OK try this one, I made a new clean atr in the emulator and copied the files over. It works on my kit via SIO2USB. Didn't test APE but the SIO2USB is picky about valid atr files so it should be OK.

newmapping.atr