IGNORED

Man, am I pissed right now!!!!!

bcprs1

Sorry, but I have to vent. Recently I bought MIB Planet Smashers and Xenophobe on ebay. Both items were listed as being in excellent condition. This is a quote from the ads "Box is in VERY FINE, UNCRUSHED CONDITION". Well, both games arrived today and the boxes were in horrible condition. I am so pissed right now because the guy just ruined the boxes by doing a horrible packaging job. Not to mention, I paid good money for the fact the boxes were in such great condition. I wrote him about it and I am going to see what he says. If he does not respond, i'm hitting him up with negative feedback.

It does on the other hand make me feel better about my own shipments.  :D

Hey CPUWIZ, your stuff always arrives well packed even after a 2500 mile cross country journey!

And I know that bcprs1 purchased a massive lot of 7800 stuff from me near the beginning of the year and was very impressed with the packaging that I did. I even remember asking if it was OK to flatten out the boxes for shipping, and since he stated that he would prefer if I didn't - I didn't.

It's too bad that shipping with some of these EBAY idiots is such a crapshoot.

Just for future reference, I wouldn't buy from possum-glory anymore. He's owed me 2 common 7800 carts for 2 months now and his excuses get more creative every week. It's only $8 so I haven't gotten too mad but I will probably file a negative in a few weeks if I don't get them and before the 90 day deadline.

First he claimed that they must have been lost at the post office. Then the next week he claimed they were lost at the post office because an inexperienced staff member of his wrote down the wrong address. Finally, they miraculously where returned to the post office and he reshipped them. He even gave me a tracking number last week but guess what, it's not listed as valid at the usps website.

Now one or two of these might be valid problems from a good seller but his emails to me come off as outright lying. So I'm staying away from him from now on although he does seem to have some good atari stock.

Just for future reference, I wouldn't buy from possum-glory anymore.  He's owed me 2 common 7800 carts for 2 months now and his excuses get more creative every week.  It's only $8 so I haven't gotten too mad but I will probably file a negative in a few weeks if I don't get them and before the 90 day deadline.

First he claimed that they must have been lost at the post office.  Then the next week he claimed they were lost at the post office because an inexperienced staff member of his wrote down the wrong address.  Finally, they miraculously where returned to the post office and he reshipped them.  He even gave me a tracking number last week but guess what, it's not listed as valid at the usps website.  

Now one or two of these might be valid problems from a good seller but his emails to me come off as outright lying.  So I'm staying away from him from now on although he does seem to have some good atari stock.

Thanks for the information. It is good to know what I am dealing with. I checked this guys other auctions and he pretty much uses the same description for all the games. I found one auction where the box was obviously crushed and he listed it in the description as being "mint, uncrushed condition"

And it happened again, got home to find an unpadded envelope (marker on it that says "Do not crush !" - DUH!) with a sealed and crushed Xenophobe inside.

All I have to say is: "What a wanker !". :x

That was my last bid on a boxed game from this guy !

I can definitely relate to your situation.

I won an excellent condition Wico joystick in the original box. He charged me double the actual shipping rate and then used a paper bag to cover the original box, which ended up being crushed. So in addition to having a crushed box with no padding, some tape was stuck on the front, so it ripped the picture right off when I removed the paper.

When I Emailed him about the substandard packaging, he said I should've bought insurance and I was out of luck. He said that EVERYONE ships this way on Ebay. He proceded to leave me retaliatory 'Neutral' feedback after I left him 'Neutral' feedback for the packaging.

- VD

Sorry, but I have to vent. Recently I bought MIB Planet Smashers and Xenophobe on ebay.

I see I did my part to bid the price up - oh well.

Just for future reference, I wouldn't buy from possum-glory anymore. He's owed me 2 common 7800 carts for 2 months now and his excuses get more creative every week.

FYI - I have been waiting over a month for a cart from this seller - he previously delivered on another auction but will keep you posted.

He said that EVERYONE ships this way on Ebay

He ain't kidding.

If you buy anything Boxed they wrap it in paper. :x

My 2600 vader came like this. it wasn't MIB so i

didn't really care, it had $8 in black marker on the front

I paid $12 (but the working paddles where a bonus, only

needed a clean :D )

I just got a magazine in the mail yesterday, an item won thru EBAY. I was completely blown away by the packing this guy did on the thin magazine. Listing from the inside out, we first have the magazine, carefully wrapped in plastic. That was sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard. That was inside an envelope. That was then encased in another 2 pieces of cardboard. That was wrapped in several sheets of newspaper. Finally all that was inside the original shipping envelope. It felt like Christmas time opening all that up!

Just an update.  I got an email from him apologizing for the packaging.  He is either going to send me new boxes or refund my money. I will keep you posted.

Here's wishing you good luck. I got a new email from him with a working tracking number so I may also get my games in a couple of days. Judging from these recent events I would guess this seller has gotten more careless as his volume has increased. He does offer a lot of atari stock and is probably more stressed out than he planned.

Not everyone does a poor job in shipping, so that guy is wrong. I bought a lot of 14 or 15 boxed 7800 games from a guy a few weeks ago (something like MasterAuctions...I forget though).

Anyway, he actually took the time to neatly put them in a brand new FedEx box with paper and peanuts around them.

They arrived with no problems at all.

I would gladly buy from the guy again except (with the exception of the auction I won), most times his stuff is (for me) overpriced.

Cap

I actually get more packages shipped reasonably well than not, although the "not" category is much higher than it should be. I tend to pack things a little too well, maybe adds less than $1 to the shipping cost.

Occassionally I get something that I consider "creatively but effectively" wrapped. The sort of thing you have to spend 20 minutes with a pocket knife with, to get through 12 layers of bubble wrap and duct tape.

Eric

I just got a magazine in the mail yesterday, an item won thru EBAY.  I was completely blown away by the packing this guy did on the thin magazine.  Listing from the inside out, we first have the magazine, carefully wrapped in plastic.  That was sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard.  That was inside an envelope.  That was then encased in another 2 pieces of cardboard.  That was wrapped in several sheets of newspaper.  Finally all that was inside the original shipping envelope.  It felt like Christmas time opening all that up!

Rofl, thanks for making me laugh :)

I guess there's the two extremes. I've had stuff arrive very well packaged in the past.

I agree about posseum glory as a seller he sucks donkey dongs. In

late August I purchased Midnight Mutants and a few colecovision lots.

I got the package last week! The boxed MM was in rough shape, not as

nice as the add led me to believe. However a factor in the delay was that

my package was opened and inspected by Canada Customs but the

post mark date was Sept 26. Over 4 weeks after I won the auction.

He also gave me the same story about an employee mislabelling the

package. I am thrilled I eventually got my stuff but I reccomend

everyone avoid the guy.

John

Another update on my 7800 games, I still haven't recieved my package although I got a bogus tracking number 2 weeks ago and a valid one 1 week ago. Seven day priority shipping? Right. Very sloppy and irresponsible seller.

Everyone should stay away from possum-glory on eBay.