IGNORED

Lynx games you've beaten

PFG 9000

Forgive me if this thread has been posted before. I couldn't find anything in the last few pages or via the search function.

Which Lynx games have you played through to the end? The high score club got me thinking about this, since a lot of people are good at games that I'm pretty lousy at, and I can apparently play some games that other people don't care for. Maybe this could lead into a strategy/hints/tips discussion. List the games you're conquered!

Basketbrawl

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Dracula the Undead

Gates of Zendocon

Kung Food

Lemmings

Scrapyard Dog

Shadow of the Beast

S.T.U.N. Runner

Warbirds*

I've nearly beaten Rygar and Slime World. I used save states for Rygar on Handy, and I made it to the final boss, but after he kills you the first time, he's just about impossible to beat, since most of the timer is eaten up just by running across the level to get to him...IIRC. I've beaten the first five areas of Slime World numerous times, but I've only beaten the sixth with the invincibility code. It gets to be pretty cheap with all the big chopper teeth hidden in the ground. Oh, and I've played through the AvP demo just about as far as it goes, but that's only a few levels so I don't think it quite counts. :)

*Warbirds doesn't ever really end, but the kill counter stops counting at 99.

• Like 1

Let me think, off the top of my head . . . .

Hard Drivin'

Chip's Challenge

Roadblasters

Gates Of Zendocon

Shanghai

European Soccer Challenge

Basketbrawl

Zarlor Mercenary

Blue Lightning

Double Dragon

Ninja Gaiden

Switchblade 2

Checkered Flag

Rampage

• Like 1

Let me think, off the top of my head . . . .

Hard Drivin'

Chip's Challenge

Roadblasters

Gates Of Zendocon

Shanghai

Basketbrawl

Zarlor Mercenary

Blue Lightning

Double Dragon

Ninja Gaiden

Switchblade 2

Checkered Flag

Rampage

You've beaten Switchblade II? You should post your score in the HSC thread, it's this month's game and we're all having a rough time with it.

Also, have you beaten all the different boards in Shanghai? I can only beat two of them (the spider and one other that I can't remember), the rest were pretty tough. Great game though.

Not played it in ages I don't get alot of time to play video games and just tend to play my favourites when I do. I beat it within a week of first buying it new back in the day :cool:

Yes I have beat every board from the Butterfly (easiest) to the Turtle (hardest)

To be honest I have probably beat more Lynx games would just need to look at a list.

Oh actually I know I have also beat Road Riot 4WD and Pit-fighter :P

Wow, come to think of it, while I have owned a lot of Lynx titles in the past, I really haven't completed many. The only ones I can think of are Ninja Gaiden 3 and Shadow of the Beast. The later is a personal favorite and I have run through it dozens of times, for sure.

Off the top of my head I've completed:

Dracula The Undead

Hydra

RoadBlasters

and probably a few more but none spring to mind other than these three.

I find Lynx games tough in general.

Someones elses post reminded me that I have also completed Switchblade II. I loved that game.

My list is a bit small.

Rampage

Gates of Zendocon

That's it for now... that I can think of.

Working on EotB but it has been a bit slow

I remember us battling for a high score on Xenophobe (which almost killed my thumbs)?

On the actual hardware I could beat (at the age of 10, will never be able to do it again): Crystal Mines, Lemmings, Zarlor Mercenary, Shadow of the Beast, European Soccer Challenge, Warbirds (also got passed 99 kills which means pretty much beating up your lynx rather than beating a game)

On handy I beat: Xenophobe and Rampage.

When I was an 8 year old boy I finished:

Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 from Slime world.

Switchblade

Gates of Zendocon (easy mode)

Blue lighting

Bill and Tedd

Chips Challange ! level 144 was a pain in the ass really, but I used the skip level when they asked me. (and still very Challenging game)

Edited by Mrjey

My list is a bit small.

Rampage

Gates of Zendocon

That's it for now... that I can think of.

Working on EotB but it has been a bit slow

I remember us battling for a high score on Xenophobe (which almost killed my thumbs)?

On the actual hardware I could beat (at the age of 10, will never be able to do it again): Crystal Mines, Lemmings, Zarlor Mercenary, Shadow of the Beast, European Soccer Challenge, Warbirds (also got passed 99 kills which means pretty much beating up your lynx rather than beating a game)

On handy I beat: Xenophobe and Rampage.

I need to give warbirds another spin....

:)

I just beat Switchblade... so I get to add that to the small list!

I'm trying to remember if I beat Xenophobe. I'll re-look at that thread I guess. LOL

For the people that have beaten Shanghai, have any of you ever beat every single board in one session? I've beat every board, just not on one session.

The only other game I can think of is Rygar. I was fairly close on Chip's Challenge until my lynx died a few weeks ago.

I know Tournament Cyberball doesn't have an ending, but I beat the crap out of the computer every time I play.

Bitchy Contest Cart ;)

That's such a cheater answer! LOL

Lemmings

Why can't I seem to get into Lemmings? I like the game HUMANS on Sega... which is like Dynolympics....

And it seems like Lemmings is similar...

I'll have to pick it back up again I guess....

Alpine Games

Basketbrawl

Championship Rally (Beat the game with max points)

Double Dragon

Dracula the Undead

Gates of Zendocon

Hydra

Ishido

KLAX

Lynx Othello (level 4. Yes I know, very impressive achievement ;))

Lynxopoly

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Mega Pak 1* (Password, Parafly, Black Jack: 200+ points, special ending)

Ninja Gaiden

Rampage

Rampart

Roadblasters

Remnant

Robotron: 2084* (all 100 levels and beyond)

Rygar

Shanghai (all seven boards, but not in one session)

Turbo Sub

Viking Child

Warbirds* (yes, I also played 99, just to see it would ever "end", extremely boring)

Xenophobe

I also beat Zarlor Mercenary, Switchblade II, Power Factor and Cybervirus! But I think I might have been using a cheat code in those :ponder:

Also completed some unreleased games like Road Riot 4WD and Sampos Conquistador and Anti-A Bomb Aircraft Artillery.

Edited by SwedenLynxer
  • Like 1

I see nobody listed Batman, as a kid I got 'till the end with the Penguin, but couldn't beat it.. and its a pretty good game if you count out the fact its tough as nails and has the most dissatisfying ending ever. So I beat i to 99% as a kid, and on the emulator with save states a 100% to see what the ending was about.

I've beaten a good majority of them, though most were aided by memory cheats (in order to cut through the games quickly and view the endings). For those interested, there's a good-sized archive of Lynx endings at vgmuseum.com by following the link below...

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/lynx/

Of course, I've seen the Zaku ending the most out of all of them, in part considering my testing duties. ;)

A long time ago, I beat

Blue lightning

Chips challenge

Gates of Zendocon

Ninja gaiden

Rygar (I don't remember it being that hard, but it becomes quickly repetitive)

Slime world

Toki

Xenophobe

I never managed to beat the last level of rampart, went close a few times though.

I must have been the only person ever to bother finishing... Pit fighter (with the help of some extra credit code).

Turbosub

Crystal Mines 2

Blue lightning

Double Dragon

Checkered Flag

I came close, buy could never finish Desert Strike

I must have been the only person ever to bother finishing... Pit fighter (with the help of some extra credit code).

Turbosub

Crystal Mines 2

Blue lightning

Double Dragon

Checkered Flag

I came close, buy could never finish Desert Strike

Nope, I already said I finished Pit-Fighter :P

Forgive me if this thread has been posted before. I couldn't find anything in the last few pages or via the search function.

Which Lynx games have you played through to the end? The high score club got me thinking about this, since a lot of people are good at games that I'm pretty lousy at, and I can apparently play some games that other people don't care for. Maybe this could lead into a strategy/hints/tips discussion. List the games you're conquered!

Basketbrawl

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Dracula the Undead

Gates of Zendocon

Kung Food

Lemmings

Scrapyard Dog

Shadow of the Beast

S.T.U.N. Runner

Warbirds*

I've nearly beaten Rygar and Slime World. I used save states for Rygar on Handy, and I made it to the final boss, but after he kills you the first time, he's just about impossible to beat, since most of the timer is eaten up just by running across the level to get to him...IIRC. I've beaten the first five areas of Slime World numerous times, but I've only beaten the sixth with the invincibility code. It gets to be pretty cheap with all the big chopper teeth hidden in the ground. Oh, and I've played through the AvP demo just about as far as it goes, but that's only a few levels so I don't think it quite counts. :)

*Warbirds doesn't ever really end, but the kill counter stops counting at 99.

You have beaten Shadow of the Beast? You have earned my respect greatly. I love the atmosphere of that game. And I have tried many number of times playing it. It just seems too hard for me, lousy gamer award here.

The games I have actually completed are,

Rygar (can't count how many times I have played through that game, love it)

Gates of Zendocon

Blue lightning

Checkered Flag

Shanghai (love this game on the Lynx)

Pit Fighter

• Like 1