IGNORED

Lynx games you've beaten

PFG 9000

You have beaten Shadow of the Beast? You have earned my respect greatly. I love the atmosphere of that game. And I have tried many number of times playing it. It just seems too hard for me, lousy gamer award here.

Thanks! It is certainly a tough game, don't feel bad if you haven't beaten it yet. How far have you gotten? Once you learn where to go, which items to use in which order, and which traps/enemies are coming up, it gets more doable. It's just a matter of playing through it and figuring out how to progress little by little.

You have beaten Shadow of the Beast? You have earned my respect greatly. I love the atmosphere of that game. And I have tried many number of times playing it. It just seems too hard for me, lousy gamer award here.

Thanks! It is certainly a tough game, don't feel bad if you haven't beaten it yet. How far have you gotten? Once you learn where to go, which items to use in which order, and which traps/enemies are coming up, it gets more doable. It's just a matter of playing through it and figuring out how to progress little by little.

I haven't tried it in a very long time. I seem to remember getting to the second level. I gave up and only had the motivation to play through that level just to look at the graphics and listen to the music.

I haven't tried it in a very long time. I seem to remember getting to the second level. I gave up and only had the motivation to play through that level just to look at the graphics and listen to the music.

I love this game for its graphics & music as well, it has some of the catchiest tunes on the console (especially the over-world and the continue screen). I used to beat this game on a daily base when getting back home from primary school, but sadly enough those super-skills are no more... I can get to the castle, but seem to die on my last continue there. Still its one of my favorite platformers.

Btw, compared to Ninja Gaiden 3, Shadow of the Beast is a walk-in-the-park in terms of difficulty. I really got frustrated trying to beat that..

Edited by Ninjabba

:lol: That sums up my typical play session with Shadow of the Beast too.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: That sums up my typical play session with Shadow of the Beast too.

That was my recent play of the game as well. Except I had the sound turned down (the wife was sleeping). I should retry it again. I will say this though... I don't like that game at all. I think it is poorly done on a few levels.

• 1 year later...

Off the top of my head I've completed:

Dracula The Undead

Hydra

RoadBlasters

and probably a few more but none spring to mind other than these three.

I find Lynx games tough in general.

Someones elses post reminded me that I have also completed Switchblade II. I loved that game.

Glad this post resurfaced as I can also remember completing Desert Strike. I lay downstairs at my mums house (many years ago) in front of the gas fire and played it to death until about 4:00 am in the morning! Those were the days.

Aside from a few sports games in which I've won the tournament modes, the only games I've finished are Lemmings and Dracula.

Oh! Yes! I've 'won' in Cyberball my fair share of times.

Never beaten Lemmings though, on any platform. Partly I think it's that I've never been organised to keep passwords for anything, but I doubt I could manage it even if that weren't an obstacle. I bow to you.

My list of games I completed:

Lately I have finished a couple of games by cheating in/from an emulator. I did it pretty lowlevel to find addresses in memory where e.g. lives, bullets and the like are stored.

It allowed me to finish Dirty Larry for example. I have and never would be able to do that without the cheating. And I did want to see what else the game had to offer. In the end it turned out to be an awesome game that was scarce on bullets. Read about the other levels here: http://www.alexthissen.nl/blogs/atarilynx/archive/2010/11/29/dirty-larry-renegade-cop.aspx

If interest is high enough I could do a post on how to manipulate some of the games using Handy for Developers (which has the debugging features), so anyone can enjoy the endings.

I was pretty close to completing these:

• Gordo 106
  • Scrapyard Dog
  • Rampart
  • STUN Runner
  • Roadblasters
  • Super Skweek (got stuck on one level where it seemed you needed two players to complete that level)
  • Toki

I think it´s this: ;) http://www.atariage....twareHintID=331

Invincibility

You can make Batman invincible with the following steps at the title screen (the one with the Batlogo): press up 8 times, down 12 times, left 15 times, right 19 times and option 1 27 times, press A or B to start the game. Once the action starts, press pause. Then use option 1 to skip to the next level, option 2 to make Batman invincible! Falling can still kill you, however.

Thank you for the link to the higher levels of Dirty Larry, LX.NET :) Normally I die around level 3 or 4 only.

(Too bad there are no "trainer versions" around, since a "Lynx Action Replay" is not existing, and Dirty Larry has no cheats that I know of.)

- Beaten (i.e. played through til the end):

Lynxopoly

Checkered Flag

Paperboy (Easy Street)

Hotdog

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Awesome Golf

Road Riot 4WD

Hard Drivin´ (automatic shift)

Marlboro Go (lol)

Nearly beaten:

Xybots (end boss killed me)

Cybervirus (defeated in 2 levels, still trying without cheat...)

[Games I totally fail in (I do not dislike them though, I just could never very far) : Robotron,Hydra,Fidelity Ultimate Chess Challenge,Championship Rallye,Basketbrawl,Ninja Gaiden III, Batman Returns, Shanghai,Toki]

Edited by Atari_afternoon

• 2 years later...

Second necro bump in as many days. I beat Shadow of the Beast last night and I wanted to add it to my list.

Rygar

Chip's Challenge

Shanghai-all seven boards in one sitting

Shadow of the Beast

Sports games where I beat the opposition until they cry for mercy

Tournament Cyberball 2072

NFL Football

I also played a complete round of Robo-Squash finally and I had the higher score. I don't know if that counts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm off the top of my head

Pit fighter

Zaku

Gates of Zendecon

Dracula

Double dragon

Shadow of the Beast

Ninja gaiden

Batman Returns

Almost beat:

99% finished with Bill & teds lol - ever figure out how to save the two princess at the last stage.

Ninja Gaiden3

I think I've beat more but just don't remember since it's been awhile haha

Edited by JagLynx4Life