IGNORED

Lynx games you've beaten

PFG 9000

• 5 years later...
On 6/17/2014 at 12:48 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Second necro bump in as many days. I beat Shadow of the Beast last night and I wanted to add it to my list.

Rygar

Chip's Challenge

Shanghai-all seven boards in one sitting

Shadow of the Beast

Sports games where I beat the opposition until they cry for mercy

Tournament Cyberball 2072

NFL Football

I also played a complete round of Robo-Squash finally and I had the higher score. I don't know if that counts.

Bumping this thread just so I can add Ninja Gaiden to the list. Not that I really care about this, but it was a one credit clear to boot.  I have been working on this game for a long time. Off and on for over a decade.

Maybe now I can conquer Rampart or finally commit to playing over a hundred levels of Crystal Mines II. After Ninja Gaiden III though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Bumping this thread just so I can add Ninja Gaiden to the list. Not that I really care about this, but it was a one credit clear to boot.  I have been working on this game for a long time. Off and on for over a decade.

Maybe now I can conquer Rampart or finally commit to playing over a hundred levels of Crystal Mines II. After Ninja Gaiden III though.

And Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom can be added to the list. I did not use any continues, but I did use the 1-up trick in 6-2. I am still counting it though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My turn!

• Batman Returns (with cheat code only)
  • Blue Lightning (not all at once)
  • Chip's Challenge (Level 144 and Level 149)
  • Dirty Larry (with cheat code only)
  • Dracula: The Undead (best ending)
  • Electrocop (in under 10 minutes, with all the endgame scenarios)
  • Gates of Zendocon (both difficulty levels, straight through on Easy)
  • Gauntlet: The Third Encounter (both endgame scenarios)
  • Gordo 106 (on an emulator with save scumming only; could only reach the final boss originally)
  • Hydra
  • Klax (and discovered the Easter Egg endgame message)
  • Lexis (I wish I could remember what the code was to unlock the Galaga Easter Egg though; it's been 20 years)
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Paperboy (all three streets)
  • Rampage (without the stage select cheat code)
  • Roadblasters (without the stage select cheat code)
  • Robo Squash (won on highest difficulty)
  • Rygar
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Shanghai (all seven layouts)
  • Super Skweek (first with the Bravo cheat, then by reverse-engineering the Password system, then straight through on an emulator with save scumming)
  • Todd's Adventures in Slime World (all 6 single-player episodes, including the expanded endgame message on the Arcade episode)
  • Turbo Sub
  • Xenophobe
  • Xybots (both in single-player and 2-player)
  • Zarlor Mercenary (without the cheat code)

• Like 1

I beat Shadow of the Beast two times some 15+ years ago. It was before Youtube, and one day I wanted to listen to the ending music again. It was much easier completing it the second time around, because at that point I still remembered all the unfair traps etc. One of the few games I've completely played through, because usually I'm happy checking out the graphics and music for a few levels, skipping around and exploring the enchanted forest. :D

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 6/17/2014 at 12:48 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Second necro bump in as many days. I beat Shadow of the Beast last night and I wanted to add it to my list.

Rygar

Chip's Challenge

Shadow of the Beast

Sports games where I beat the opposition until they cry for mercy

NFL Football

I also played a complete round of Robo-Squash finally and I had the higher score. I don't know if that counts.

Bumping this since I added a new game to the list: Crystal Mines II. All 181 levels.

Along with Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden III from last year.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 2:02 PM, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

I beat Shadow of the Beast two times some 15+ years ago. It was before Youtube, and one day I wanted to listen to the ending music again. It was much easier completing it the second time around, because at that point I still remembered all the unfair traps etc. One of the few games I've completely played through, because usually I'm happy checking out the graphics and music for a few levels, skipping around and exploring the enchanted forest. :D

I beat Shadow 3x over 25+ years ago.  I tried to play it recently and it's hard today for me. lol.  I don't have the patience as my younger self.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I beat a new game so I am bumping this again.

Previous games:

Rygar

Chip's Challenge

Shadow of the Beast

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom

Crystal Mines II

Maybe Robo-Squash

Sports games I dominate:

NFL Football

And the new game to the list, Desert Strike. It was difficult at times, but I finally finished it. I never found the missing co-pilot Lt. Valdez, and I looked for him.

• Like 3

Batman Returns

Battle Wheels (As in playing a tournament to the end and winning)

Blue Lightning

California Games (Completed BMX but that hardly counts now does it lol)

Dracula The Undead

Double Dragon

Electrocop

Gates of Zendocon

Gordo 106

Roadblasters

Slimeworld

Switchblade 2

Xenophobe

Toki is my nemesis. I love that game to bits but (without cheating) I've never been able to beat the level 5 boss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Batman Returns

With or without cheats?

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Toki is my nemesis. I love that game to bits but (without cheating) I've never been able to beat the level 5 boss.

I have played Toki quite a bit too. I am not sure if I have ever made it past the third level boss though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

With or without cheats?

I have played Toki quite a bit too. I am not sure if I have ever made it past the third level boss though.

Without cheats. A lot of patience and a lot of running required. Only did it the once back in the day and I doubt I could do it again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Level 5 is the Jungle, correct?  That boss has a certain luck aspect to it.  Sometimes the disembodied hands and feet get too close to the left side of the screen and leave you nowhere to go.  Sometimes you get lucky and they stay on the right half of the screen, and that's when you have a chance to win.

I haven't beaten Toki either.  I got pretty far into the last level but didn't realize until the HD version came out a few years ago that I had made it almost up to the last boss as a kid.

• Like 1