PFG 9000

Lynx games you've beaten

On 6/17/2014 at 12:48 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Second necro bump in as many days. I beat Shadow of the Beast last night and I wanted to add it to my list.

Rygar

Chip's Challenge

Shanghai-all seven boards in one sitting

Shadow of the Beast

Sports games where I beat the opposition until they cry for mercy

Tournament Cyberball 2072

NFL Football

I also played a complete round of Robo-Squash finally and I had the higher score. I don't know if that counts.

Bumping this thread just so I can add Ninja Gaiden to the list. Not that I really care about this, but it was a one credit clear to boot.  I have been working on this game for a long time. Off and on for over a decade.

Maybe now I can conquer Rampart or finally commit to playing over a hundred levels of Crystal Mines II. After Ninja Gaiden III though.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Bumping this thread just so I can add Ninja Gaiden to the list. Not that I really care about this, but it was a one credit clear to boot.  I have been working on this game for a long time. Off and on for over a decade.

Maybe now I can conquer Rampart or finally commit to playing over a hundred levels of Crystal Mines II. After Ninja Gaiden III though.

And Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom can be added to the list. I did not use any continues, but I did use the 1-up trick in 6-2. I am still counting it though.

My turn!

• Batman Returns (with cheat code only)
  • Blue Lightning (not all at once)
  • Chip's Challenge (Level 144 and Level 149)
  • Dirty Larry (with cheat code only)
  • Dracula: The Undead (best ending)
  • Electrocop (in under 10 minutes, with all the endgame scenarios)
  • Gates of Zendocon (both difficulty levels, straight through on Easy)
  • Gauntlet: The Third Encounter (both endgame scenarios)
  • Gordo 106 (on an emulator with save scumming only; could only reach the final boss originally)
  • Hydra
  • Klax (and discovered the Easter Egg endgame message)
  • Lexis (I wish I could remember what the code was to unlock the Galaga Easter Egg though; it's been 20 years)
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Paperboy (all three streets)
  • Rampage (without the stage select cheat code)
  • Roadblasters (without the stage select cheat code)
  • Robo Squash (won on highest difficulty)
  • Rygar
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Shanghai (all seven layouts)
  • Super Skweek (first with the Bravo cheat, then by reverse-engineering the Password system, then straight through on an emulator with save scumming)
  • Todd's Adventures in Slime World (all 6 single-player episodes, including the expanded endgame message on the Arcade episode)
  • Turbo Sub
  • Xenophobe
  • Xybots (both in single-player and 2-player)
  • Zarlor Mercenary (without the cheat code)

I beat Shadow of the Beast two times some 15+ years ago. It was before Youtube, and one day I wanted to listen to the ending music again. It was much easier completing it the second time around, because at that point I still remembered all the unfair traps etc. One of the few games I've completely played through, because usually I'm happy checking out the graphics and music for a few levels, skipping around and exploring the enchanted forest. :D

I've got audio rips of Shadow of the Beast, along with some other Lynx titles.  Is there already a repository for these?  I can post them somewhere if somebody wants them.