IGNORED

Problem with cartridges

Dansrevenge

I recently bought my first Atari 2600 (jr) online and it came with 6 games but only 2 appeared to be working, on closer inspection river raid appeared to have pieces of plant material wrapped around the inside (bad feedback) and the others have either one or two of the small plastic bits either side of the circuit board broken off and the 2 that work dont have this problem, so i was wondering am i right to assume that because of that the games wont work and can anything be done to fix it.

thanks in advance for any help!

I recently bought my first Atari 2600 (jr) online and it came with 6 games but only 2 appeared to be working, on closer inspection river raid appeared to have pieces of plant material wrapped around the inside (bad feedback) and the others have either one or two of the small plastic bits either side of the circuit board broken off and the 2 that work dont have this problem, so i was wondering am i right to assume that because of that the games wont work and can anything be done to fix it.

The "plastic bits" are they just the board or part of the circuitry? If all is circuits are fine try cleaning your contacts with alcohol. Lots of info on this, just search the forum.

The "plastic bits" are they just the board or part of the circuitry? If all is circuits are fine try cleaning your contacts with alcohol. Lots of info on this, just search the forum.

Thanks i meant the plastic pieces on the 'case' but on cleaning them more thoroughly they now work, should have thought before posting i suppose. also i managed to open river raid and found it had a spiders web inside but now works.

+ im amazed at how small the actuall game is compared to the cartridge sizes

Oh yea, most cart games are like that, esp. NES... if you look at how big a famicom cartridge (the japanese version of the NES) is, and they usually contain an identical or sometimes even more complex game, then look at an american NES cart, well, ... whose decision was it to make my collection take up so much space?

maybe they thought we were just clumsy foreigners and would either lose or break smaller cartridges, and i agree on nes and if this image which i just found is real then it just illustrates your point perfectly

http://technabob.com...n_cartridge.jpg

nes_on_cartridge.jpg

Now that's a sweet looking videogame console! Perfect for travel. I think I need me one of those!

Edited by FLANNERY

908235443_b964a412bc.jpg

how about this?

...and that is real, by the way. It's just a NOAC (NES on a chip, basically all the hardware of the NES done on one chip). They weren't around when the NES was first made, though. They're even smaller than you'd imagine by looking at this. The Yobo clone is the one I have. I'm thinking of making a nice hardwood NES out of it.

Edited by DickNixonArisen

Sonic 3 and the two Sonic & Knuckles carts are games...

Also, that tower would never work because the Power Base Converter (above the 32X) is completely incompatible with the 32X. Not to mention the fact that you can't plug two Sonic & Knuckles carts together, but I'm getting off-topic here.

908235443_b964a412bc.jpg

how about this?

...and that is real, by the way. It's just a NOAC (NES on a chip, basically all the hardware of the NES done on one chip). They weren't around when the NES was first made, though. They're even smaller than you'd imagine by looking at this. The Yobo clone is the one I have. I'm thinking of making a nice hardwood NES out of it.

Never have I seen such a monstrosity. It looks like a vacuum cleaner.

• Like 1

908235443_b964a412bc.jpg

how about this?

Never have I seen such a monstrosity. It looks like a vacuum cleaner.

Get that genesis to the hospital! It has a tumor! It a CDMali32xgmnt tumor on it!