ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Holy crap, these have shipped already? I should pay more attention. Are there any extra boards, or do I have to wait for another run? Will there be another run?

Yes there are still some available. Drop me a PM with a details of your order.

I've had my NIB PAL 800XL (B&C Computervisions) waiting for this!! I can't wait to run all the Euro software!! To finally run NUMEN on real hardware will be very pleasing!!! :) :) :)

Where is pic of the enlcosure?

Tested my 320XL card last night on a PAL 800XL bought from B&C about 18 months ago:

Works: Bombjack, Yie Ar Kungfu, Commando.

Kinda Works: Mean 18 (display corrupted on 2nd shot - will check again)

Nogo: Numen - loads all the way but then blank screen. The disk images work ok on the Emulator but not the real hardware.

Hardware used for test:

Atari 800XL PAL - SVideo mod, BASIC disabled by lifting pin 11 of the PIA chip, no internal memory expansion.

320XL expansion card in default configuration.

I am going to do more testing in the coming days, but even without Numen working, this is a wonderful expansion option.

I got My three bare units yesterday.

have one word, AWESOME!

These Work Great. I even went so far as to pull the Ram Chips out of my XL. Pretty Cool. The System works Fine.

I'm not quite sure what demos to throw at it. I'm using an NTSC XL.

All of Fandals Big game Conversions Work fine, Commando, Mario XE, Etc. Although "The Eidolon" Doesn't Work. I'm Wondering if that's the File or the Upgrade tha is the problem.

I have been exceptionally sick, so I haven't had the chance to try any more. Would Someone post some good demos to try that will work on NTSC?

Nogo: Numen - loads all the way but then blank screen. The disk images work ok on the Emulator but not the real hardware.

Do you tested the one disk version? In fact I use Numen for testing every card before shipping.

BASIC disabled by lifting pin 11 of the PIA chip

Are you sure this is harmless? I'm not expert in lowlevel atari programming, but I think it must confuse a lot of software when the basic ROM is physically unampped but the register flag indicates basic is enabled.

Do you tested the one disk version? In fact I use Numen for testing every card before shipping.

Downloaded another copy from Fandal and this one works. Previous one was from Atarimania.

Thanks

Downloaded another copy from Fandal and this one works. Previous one was from Atarimania.

Thanks

Yeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwww!

This is really, really good news. I B&C'd one of those PAL 800XLs some time last year. I'm about to hit the road for a blasted vacation (that I no longer want to go on, now that my RAM320XL is on the way. Damnit.

[At least I'll try out Alitrra and compare with Atari800win.]

Mine arrived today, thanks!

Now the bad news - my 600XL has gone bad. Just a black screen (and that's without the RAM 320XL) when I boot and no attempt to talk to SIO etc. Ho Hum. I've reseated chips but don't have time right now for full troubleshooting. I'll have to check it out later.

Now the bad news - my 600XL has gone bad. Just a black screen (and that's without the RAM 320XL) when I boot and no attempt to talk to SIO etc. Ho Hum. I've reseated chips but don't have time right now for full troubleshooting. I'll have to check it out later.

Awful luck. What is it about 600XLs? Mine works fine with 320XL (once I'd got around the problem of worn PBI contacts), but another forum member is having no luck with a 600XL I upgraded to 64K for him. It works fine at my house (tested with 320XL, various memory testers, SpartaDOS X, The Last Word), but every time it gets home again it's totally fooked...

Awful luck. What is it about 600XLs? Mine works fine with 320XL (once I'd got around the problem of worn PBI contacts), but another forum member is having no luck with a 600XL I upgraded to 64K for him. It works fine at my house (tested with 320XL, various memory testers, SpartaDOS X, The Last Word), but every time it gets home again it's totally fooked...

Well mine's been sitting on the shelf for *ages*. It's my original machine from the 80's and it has hardly been used for years. I'll fix it. Now where's my lump hammer ... ;)

Well mine's been sitting on the shelf for *ages*. It's my original machine from the 80's and it has hardly been used for years. I'll fix it. Now where's my lump hammer ... icon_wink.gif

I think the faulty machine I upgraded narrowly avoided getting mashed. It's being sent back up a third time...

Are you useing your power supply to test it or his? I had one that wouldn't work with Atarimax flashcarts. I used a different power supply and it woked great.

I'm using one of the "good" PSUs... Dominic apparently has three different ones and he's tried them all. Still, I smell a power supply problem... I like your thinking.

Now the bad news - my 600XL has gone bad. Just a black screen (and that's without the RAM 320XL) when I boot and no attempt to talk to SIO etc.

Does it mean your 600XL does no more work AFTER your plugged the expansion or before? Anyway, if you plug the RAM 320XL and turn on atari, what is the LED bahavior?

Now the bad news - my 600XL has gone bad. Just a black screen (and that's without the RAM 320XL) when I boot and no attempt to talk to SIO etc.

Does it mean your 600XL does no more work AFTER your plugged the expansion or before? Anyway, if you plug the RAM 320XL and turn on atari, what is the LED bahavior?

Hi. No the 600XL died before I tried the expansion. I did try just in case and the LED lit solidly and stayed on. I've just finished swapping all the custom chips except for OS and BASIC from spares and still no go :( I think it's going to have to be a weekend job when I can spend some serious time on it.

Dug out an 800xl (well, two, but the first is in the midst oif a upgrade and hence unusable right now so I had to dig out a second one).

Both the cased and uncased versions work like a charm. The pigtail, with the joystick port pass-through, is great. And the longest delay was me googling the SDX manual to discover that the latest SDX defaults to "O:" as the RAMdisk.

My only observation is that the bare board is difficult to remove from an 800xl; the case makes it significantly easier to remove from the 800xl.

Overall, one of the best upgrades I've seen for the 8-bit - it does what it says it will do, and does it well, with little work required by the end user (that is, me).

Very good and fast for an XL memory upgrade, Mydos and sparta dos both use as ram disk, commando plus also is great, I think I may have to order another one soon, got this one from a local that bought 3.

Nice job! and Thanks for a great Item!

Hi Ctirad-

Received my two units today. Certainly looks very, very professional! Thanks!

What is the type/size/designation of the required power connector plug (as shown in David_P's pic?)

Raw board and pigtails.

post-8008-128017493946_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry