ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Fiberwire.. I'm not gonna speak for Warerat..

I wasn't speaking about Warerat with the exception of wondering if he's retired or on vacation. Most of you guys don't post any personally identifiable info, including age, so I don't know if it's a joke or an observation.

...a perfect and novel solution is going to present itself...

What I meant to be inferred from my statement is "Please don't rush and irritate the people responsible for Atari 8-bit development, whether hardware or software" - I didn't realize that by identifying the situation I was actually being looked upon as part of the problem. FJC's dry sarcasm kinda shown through the foreground, and I'm certain Warerat has the same attitude about his hardware. Please don't think I am being impatient - I'm quite the contrary to popular belief . There really isn't room for jest in the real world - i guess between the two, i'd rather be taken seriously than as a fool. Most of my fun is watching the development of these projects.

I don't know if there's an inferred link between my remark regarding "the perfect solution", and some project Warerat has on the table. No such link was intended, just to be clear. I was referring to the RAM cart Steven Tucker has produced for me, but I didn't want to say too much about it at the time in case it didn't happen, and also because Steven hasn't made any kind of public announcement about the hardware yet. Apart from lacking an RTC, the cart does everything required to run the GUI on any stock Atari.

Nope, that was purely in regards to Fiberwire.. Not anything you've said, flashjazzcat. And it's not limited (or exclusively related) to what has been said or discussed in this thread either.. And I'm not gonna comment any further on it.. Fiberwire can take my advice, or not. Doesn't apply to, or refer to anyone but him.

• 1 month later...

I have just only a few (10 or 15) cards left!

If you think about buying one, don't hesitate. There will be no other batch.

Wait... is that 320XL or 320XE boards?

I didn't know 320XE was done???

SAY WHAT???

Neither did I.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered one :)

Question: in this thread and one other "Mario XE" is mentioned. Is that the 5200 version of Mario Bros. that runs on the 800XL/XE or something else like a demo or different game entirely?

In this thread someone says I'll have to try Mario XE, and the other one is (Mario XE is one I want to get).

I just ordered one :)

Question: in this thread and one other "Mario XE" is mentioned. Is that the 5200 version of Mario Bros. that runs on the 800XL/XE or something else like a demo or different game entirely?

In this thread someone says I'll have to try Mario XE, and the other one is (Mario XE is one I want to get).

there was a XE Game System cart:

Atari Mario Brothers. Mario and his brother Luigi are at it again! Help them rid their house of crawling pests. 1 or 2 players C) (800XL / XE only). RX8103

Pic:

mariobrosxe.jpg

sloopy.

• 2 months later...

My 320XL (all two of them), recently stopped working.

The latest thing I had been doing was adding in one of Lotharek's Stereo Paula boards. The first board appeard to be bad, but that did not stop my 320Xl's from working while it was in my system and after I had removed it.

I recently received my new Stereo Board and pretty much just had to solder the wires to the board then plug it into the socket as all the other soldering had been done before.

The strange thing now is that when I fire up my Atari with either of the 320XL's plugged in, the blue light comes on, then shuts off almost immediately. For a while the light was coming on, but I was getting garbage on the screen and could not boot.

Anyone got a clue as to what might be happening? They are also doing the same thing on my Atari 600XL.