IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection with POKEY sound

tep392

I think it would be great to offer these in the AtariAge Store as an enhanced version of the game. We can update the label and manual appropriately. The main downside is it's more time consuming to produce the cartridges since you have to modify existing circuit boards. I'd be glad to help orchestrate everything to help get this in everyone's hands..

..Al

This sounds like a good idea - Perry, are you ok with this?

Bob

I hadn't thought about it actually. Perry, how do you want to handle this? I have a handful of Pokey carts (already with the ROM desoldered).

Jaybird - how many Pokey carts do you have?

Thanks,

Bob

I've probably got about 100 to 120 new Ballblazer cartridges left. And as I said, I'd be happy to desolder the old ROMs and program the EPROMs as well, if that would make things easier.

Jay

I think it would be great to offer these in the AtariAge Store as an enhanced version of the game. We can update the label and manual appropriately. The main downside is it's more time consuming to produce the cartridges since you have to modify existing circuit boards. I'd be glad to help orchestrate everything to help get this in everyone's hands..

..Al

Bob

It's fine by me. Should probably let people spend some time playing on their CC2's to make sure there aren't any bugs before ramping up production. I would also like to add the bump sound in Ms. Pacman that Bakasama suggested.

..Al

Bob

It's fine by me. Should probably let people spend some time playing on their CC2's to make sure there aren't any bugs before ramping up production. I would also like to add the bump sound in Ms. Pacman that Bakasama suggested.

That's a good idea, true. I wish the pokey support in Prosystem was cleaner too, it geta bit muddy/overlapping in spots and I wonder how it sounds on real hardware. tough to tell.

also the death sound on Pac-Man sounds a bit off too. I think the last two notes should be a bit higher pitched.

Edited by Underball

..Al

Bob

That's a good idea, true. I wish the pokey support in Prosystem was cleaner too, it geta bit muddy/overlapping in spots and I wonder how it sounds on real hardware. tough to tell.

also the death sound on Pac-Man sounds a bit off too. I think the last two notes should be a bit higher pitched.

I'll take a look at the death sound. I took that directly from the 8-bit version, but had to shorten it a bit because the 7800 animation ran quicker.

..Al

Bob

I'll take a look at the death sound. I took that directly from the 8-bit version, but had to shorten it a bit because the 7800 animation ran quicker.

I was comparing to the arcade/MAME version. but actually, upon closer comparison, it's actually really close. never mind.

Edited by Underball

On the maze below the ghosts go through the two circled walls as well as the same walls on the top row of the screen. The player can't. I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen or not. They actually won't go through the bottom right one unless they're blue it looks like. This happens on pac-man, random mazes, 3 lives, cherry.

post-8459-127299515853_thumb.jpg

Edited by HammR25

I guess this is NTSC, would it be possibe to do a pal version?

Great work btw

If Bob has a PAL version of the game, then it should be easy to add the new sounds. They will play a little slower though because they use the VBI for timing. Notes will play at 50hz instead of 60hz.

PS. I see you are in Leicester. I work for Caterpillar and have been there a few times to visit our factory.

Nice label there kjmann...

It appears all the improvements that went into Ms. Pac-man Arcade got included? Visually Ms Pac-man looks better in this one.

If so, then make me double in for a new cart here, especially with the nice label above. I never did sadly get my updated Ms Pacman cart... for reasons I can't ever fault the person in question for having something else on her mind...