IGNORED

Atari 400, now operational!

27ace27

After nearly 2 years, in which I found new hobbies, got settled, and became a tad more refined, I am finally close to getting my Atari 400 running! Thanks to kind forum member, Atariksi, an AC adapter has arrived along with a 410 tape recorder (which I ruined,) and a star raiders cart! I hooked everything up, and it worked beautifully! :D I still can't play star raiders though. :roll: Now, the 410. when I plugged it in, it would sort of work. apparently, there was no signal coming out of it, and the tape heads needed a little help spinning at times. I thought it just needed to be taken apart and oiled. not a good idea. I lost 2 screws, and now have one orphan screw, and the heads won't spin at all. I think the oil is making them slip. :( so, if anyone needs a 410 for parts or anything, PM me. and I repeat, it does not work. The 400 does though! and should be loads of fun once i get more games. :)

Oiled it ???? It almost certainly needed a new belt, pretty much all of them do.

the moving parts were a bit sticky, but that doesn't matter. I'm getting a different one that is (hopefully) operational. so if anyone needs one for parts, PM me.

After nearly 2 years, in which I found new hobbies, got settled, and became a tad more refined, I am finally close to getting my Atari 400 running! Thanks to kind forum member, Atariksi, an AC adapter has arrived along with a 410 tape recorder (which I ruined,) and a star raiders cart! I hooked everything up, and it worked beautifully! :D I still can't play star raiders though.

What's stopping you from playing Star Raiders? I don't think that one requires a touchpad like the Atari 2600 one.

After nearly 2 years, in which I found new hobbies, got settled, and became a tad more refined, I am finally close to getting my Atari 400 running! Thanks to kind forum member, Atariksi, an AC adapter has arrived along with a 410 tape recorder (which I ruined,) and a star raiders cart! I hooked everything up, and it worked beautifully! :D I still can't play star raiders though.

What's stopping you from playing Star Raiders? I don't think that one requires a touchpad like the Atari 2600 one.

I can play it, I just don't know how! :D