IGNORED

Collecting supplies?

infaction

So I just dropped by because I thought I remembered collecting supplies being in the store, but I can't find them.

I recently came into possession of a significant number of boxed 2600 & 7800 games and would like to get some plastic bags/covers for them. Does anyone know where I could find such a thing, or what might work best? Currently I keep my boxed NES games in ziplock freezer bags because they're the perfect size, but Atari games are just slightly too big. I'm not above re-purposing in such a way if anyone knows something that will work that I can pick up at a local store. Sorry if this has been covered recently!

I've bought a ton of comic book bags from this guy on Ebay:

eBay Store: The-Comic-Zone1?ff3=11&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&store=The-Comic-Zone&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nice... which size comic bags fit the Atari 2600 games best without a lot of slack? I like the thicker "shell" type in the first response but to be honest the games are probably equal to or less valuable than the covers ;)

Hmm. I can't remember off hand. I just moved so most of my 2600 stuff is in boxes. I'll have to see if I can find the package of bags I have and get back to you. I'm 90% sure that I use paperback sized bags though.

I use colored bags, to store my games, and documents in.My theory is the color filters out light, which does fade labels, especially if stored on shelves around sunlight.Not sure if this is the correct theory, it could be the color does damage over time also.Also, won't plastic bags trap in humidity?, i figure yes, so i put a small bag of dessiccant(i forget how it's spelled) :dunce: in each bag.

I use colored bags, to store my games, and documents in.My theory is the color filters out light, which does fade labels, especially if stored on shelves around sunlight.Not sure if this is the correct theory, it could be the color does damage over time also.Also, won't plastic bags trap in humidity?, i figure yes, so i put a small bag of dessiccant(i forget how it's spelled) :dunce: in each bag.

I would think that UV light is what you want to avoid, so keeping them in red bags would offer the most protection. The deeper, darker red, the better, but go too far in that direction and visibility through the bag becomes an issue.

Not proclaiming I know what I'm talking about, just thinking out loud.

-tet

[edit] Oh, and when I spell it 'desiccant' my spell-check doesn't complain. ;) [/edit]

Edited by tetrode kink

I've bought a ton of comic book bags from this guy on Ebay:

eBay Store: The-Comic-Zone1?ff3=11&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&store=The-Comic-Zone&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nice... which size comic bags fit the Atari 2600 games best without a lot of slack? I like the thicker "shell" type in the first response but to be honest the games are probably equal to or less valuable than the covers ;)

Hmm. I can't remember off hand. I just moved so most of my 2600 stuff is in boxes. I'll have to see if I can find the package of bags I have and get back to you. I'm 90% sure that I use paperback sized bags though.

I know moving is a pain, but if you get a chance to confirm the paperback size that would be great. I'd like to place an order and get these organized, but I don't have a local comic shop where I can specifically test bags/games. Thanks again

Not to get too far off topic, but I've seen collectors with plastic cases around their loose games (single game cases).

Does anyone know where these can be found?

Thanks!

I've been looking for loose cartridge cases as well. I have my Chase the Chuck Wagon in two sandwich size ziplocs, LOL. It's not that pretty to look at but keeps the dust out I guess.

Not to get too far off topic, but I've seen collectors with plastic cases around their loose games (single game cases).

Does anyone know where these can be found?

Thanks!

I've been looking for loose cartridge cases as well. I have my Chase the Chuck Wagon in two sandwich size ziplocs, LOL. It's not that pretty to look at but keeps the dust out I guess.

For loose carts I use bags that I found in the craft section at Wal Mart. I guess they're supposedly used for beads or other small crafty things, but they snugly fit Atari 2600 carts and more loosely fit Intellivision carts. They were super cheap, too (about $3)...though I don't remember how many came in the package.