IGNORED

A large Blunder

I don't use craigslist. I never have, and I never will again. It's probably my fault.

Here's the story

I see an add on craiglist(I like to look).(I'm copying and pasting, this isn't my spelling) It states:

MANY OLD GAME SYSTEMS!

My father used to be a video game collector and has recently passed away. I have no room for it so here is the deal.

I am selling a NEO-Geo with 13 games and 2 paddles, an Atari 2600 with all cables 40 games, with 20 of them boxed. A Sega Master system with one game and 1 controller(All cables included), some white Console that says Magnavox Oddysey, there are two controllers attached and i have all these asserioces in a box. And finally I this weird bootleg Atari looking thing. It says Telegames on it. All I found with it was this cartridge that looks like a T. 20 Buucks a system or 200 the hole lot. My email is ************(I bleeped that out)

So I got excited at the chance of getting an Air Raid. I kned it was probably fake but the chance at getting a Magnavox, a Ne0-geo, and an Air raid was just too tempting. So I emailed him. He said if i payed him in cash he would ship the systems in several boxes for free. He sent me pictures of each system by it self. Have you seen these before?

post-26093-127316147198_thumb.jpg

post-26093-127316147264_thumb.jpg

But he said he didn't have a camera so he just posted some pics of what he had. This threw up a red flag but I went along with it. He emailed me back:

I'm terribly sorry but the Neo-Geo and Oddysey was ran over. I've sent you a check for 100 to cover them. Sorry and thanks fr buying.

When I went to cash the check, it defaulted. Now I was pretty pissed. I sent an email:

Dear ***** *******,

The check you sent me has defaulted. It is an understatement to say I am angry. Please send me the 200 back in cash and you can keep your systems.

His reply:

I am sorry about this but I have already used the money and I don't have anymore to give. I need it to pay my father's medical bill's because he is in the hospital. I can send you a very rare coin that wold be worth much more.

My reply:

Sir,

then why don't you sell the coin and give me the money. I am done with your tricks and would Like my money back.

His reply:

Please come to my house at **** ******* rd. so we can discuss this matter.

When I made it there his house was huge. It had a 4 car garage with 2 corvettes and a hummer 2. His house was at least three stories and had a fountain outside. As i pulled in, he was being arrested for insurance fraud.

He did transfer me 100 dollars a day before he was arrested.

So I will never use Craig's list again.

Edited by ThelonelyAlien

Did this actually happen or is it a parody of the other thread?

Yes, I was board. I am much smarter then that. This is what I do when I'm board :twisted: :cool:

So this is supposed to be a parody of my CL thread? :?

So you just sent a stranger cash on blind faith?

I don't see how this is any way a bad reflection on craigslist

In the last 2 months I have sent strangers cash for Craigslist deals where they agreed to ship because:

a. I am a trusting person, sometimes to a fault

b. A little googling around on their name and email address came up with some "evidence" that they were likely on the up-and-up

c. An online search of the phone book came up with an actual person with a listed phone number at an actual address

so far so good. I realize if I continue this practice I will get burned ultimately....

Yes, I was board. I am much smarter then that. This is what I do when I'm board :twisted: :cool:

I am in no way making fun of you or the fact you go scammed. I'm not one to insult, and if you were insulted you have my deepest apologies. I'm parodying how stupid some people can be when on craigslist. Evey other day someone is getting scammed, and thanks tempest for correcting my spelling. I was wondering about that.

Edited by ThelonelyAlien

Oh, I see, this is fake. I was going to comment on how the guy's father went from being dead to being in the hospital, which seems like great improvement in such a short span of time.

I am in no way making fun of you or the fact you go scammed. I'm not one to insult, and if you were insulted you have my deepest apologies. I'm parodying how stupid some people can be when on craigslist. Evey other day someone is getting scammed, and thanks tempest for correcting my spelling. I was wondering about that.

I'm not offended at all. I was just wondering if my thread made me look like a douche bag. :lol:.

Edited by GregadetH

I guess he was parodying someone else's unpleasant CraigsList experience. His satire needs work.

Well your face needs work :roll: . Lol don't take the seriously. I was not trying to make comedy. I was bored, and in no way trying to make comedy. I was stating how many people fall for ridiculous things like this and have to tell there story and be the marder(however you spell it.) Now most people who get scammed, well they got scammed. They were just trying to buy a cartridge and someone took their money. These other fall for ridiculous things like this long listing and never get there money back. The point is to replicate those stories. God I've over explained this, if you don't get it O-well.

I guess he was parodying someone else's unpleasant CraigsList experience. His satire needs work.

Well your face needs work :roll: . Lol don't take the seriously. I was not trying to make comedy. I was bored, and in no way trying to make comedy. I was stating how many people fall for ridiculous things like this and have to tell there story and be the marder(however you spell it.) Now most people who get scammed, well they got scammed. They were just trying to buy a cartridge and someone took their money. These other fall for ridiculous things like this long listing and never get there money back. The point is to replicate those stories. God I've over explained this, if you don't get it O-well.

You see, replicating those stories or parodying them or whatever in a public forum is quite bizarre. Most of us are coming here to talk about classic games, not make up shit to illustrate some pointless point. No one's going to "get it" because it's just a really weird thing to do. Even if it were a completely normal, gettable thing, this is certainly not the forum to do it.

You see, replicating those stories or parodying them or whatever in a public forum is quite bizarre. Most of us are coming here to talk about classic games, not make up shit to illustrate some pointless point. No one's going to "get it" because it's just a really weird thing to do. Even if it were a completely normal, gettable thing, this is certainly not the forum to do it.

Well, he does admit to being lonely...

:)

Okay I have time. Let me explain. I know this may be complicated for you so let me explain.

This has alot to do with classic game collecting. First off, this is showing how stupid some people who have more money then sense and just jump on it when they hear what they want. This crime happens guite frequently, so I threw a bunch of posts of other people from many fourms together to make some kinda Uber fail. Second, why is everyone taking this so seriously. I was trying to let it die after they believed it but then I started to get insulted so I had to defend and say it was not me. It was sort of a troll post for my amusment that day. (I know I'm evil, i don't troll but as said, I was bored). SO just let the thread die. Oh and BigO, :D

TheLonelyAlien

Edited by ThelonelyAlien

Okay I have time. Let me explain. I know this may be complicated for you so let me explain.

This has alot to do with classic game collecting. First off, this is showing how stupid some people who have more money then sense and just jump on it when they hear what they want. This crime happens guite frequently, so I threw a bunch of posts of other people from many fourms together to make some kinda Uber fail. Second, why is everyone taking this so seriously. I was trying to let it die after they believed it but then I started to get insulted so I had to defend and say it was not me. It was sort of a troll post for my amusment that day. (I know I'm evil, i don't troll but as said, I was bored). SO just let the thread die. Oh and BigO, :D

TheLonelyAlien

You are either seeking attention or have a major problem making friends. I have read your posts and still don't quite understand what you wanted to accomplish with this. It seems childish and stupid. Why in the world would a grown man make up a story like this? I wont say what I as think of you , as I have already been warned about excessive swearing by Al.

Edited by atari181

Well whether this story happened or not, one thing is true, the typical excuse when someone can't pay or render their services.Oh, my (fill in the blank) had a heart attack, my (fill in blank)is in the hospital with Cancer, I had a serious car accident, blah, blah, blah.Excuses of that nature, 9 times out of 10, are reason enough to start believing something fishy is going on.

Edited by Rik