IGNORED

Custom Atari 2600 Carts

Albert

When I finish my homebrew I know who to bring it to. Those finished carts look great icon_thumbsup.gif

As do I. I thought you guys had a service for this, but now it looks better than I anticipated.

Mind if we take a look at your label printer or something? icon_lol.gif

Al,

I Have a couple more questions.

Say I ask you to make me a cart with my own homebrew bin, and I choose Melody board. Is there any way I can reprogram it if I update my own game? If so, how? And if not, what would your fee be? I see you offer free udates for Homebrews, and $15 I think for switching to a new game, so I assume that it would be in that range.

Right now you cannot reprogram the board yourself. Not sure how much I would charge in this particular context--if it's something that doesn't happen very often, I don't mind doing it for just the cost of the return shipping. :)

If the label is more than $1-$2 per cart, will you offer the carts discounted without labels? (I really don't know how much you have invested in label printing, and you might want to make it a required option to help pay it off)

Again, need to give it some thought. I may add an option that lowers the price if you just want an unlabeled cart. It would be at minimum a $2 discount per cart (since it's not just the physical labels and printing, but also the time for me to setup the label files you send me).

I have a couple projects I want in an actual cart, 1 is mainly a gag gift on a coworker that I will end up keeping after displaying it, so I will probably not want to keep it. The other I want in hardware, but will definitely want to upgrade. I guess I need to bite the bullet and buy another Harmony for that.

Again, if it's not something you need to do too often, I'm happy to rewrite the cart. But if you're going to use it for development and need to update it frequently, the Harmony is a better choice.

..Al

Al,

I Have a couple more questions.

Say I ask you to make me a cart with my own homebrew bin, and I choose Melody board. Is there any way I can reprogram it if I update my own game? If so, how? And if not, what would your fee be? I see you offer free udates for Homebrews, and $15 I think for switching to a new game, so I assume that it would be in that range.

Right now you cannot reprogram the board yourself. Not sure how much I would charge in this particular context--if it's something that doesn't happen very often, I don't mind doing it for just the cost of the return shipping. :)

If the label is more than $1-$2 per cart, will you offer the carts discounted without labels? (I really don't know how much you have invested in label printing, and you might want to make it a required option to help pay it off)

Again, need to give it some thought. I may add an option that lowers the price if you just want an unlabeled cart. It would be at minimum a $2 discount per cart (since it's not just the physical labels and printing, but also the time for me to setup the label files you send me).

I have a couple projects I want in an actual cart, 1 is mainly a gag gift on a coworker that I will end up keeping after displaying it, so I will probably not want to keep it. The other I want in hardware, but will definitely want to upgrade. I guess I need to bite the bullet and buy another Harmony for that.

Again, if it's not something you need to do too often, I'm happy to rewrite the cart. But if you're going to use it for development and need to update it frequently, the Harmony is a better choice.

..Al

Thanks ands sounds fair on all comments!

Damn! Even the silvers look perfect! :thumbsup: BEAUTIFUL!

Well, it's just gray, there's really no easy way to properly represent the silver labels Atari created (not without a huge amount of expense!)

..Al

DA should look like this anyway. :P

DefenderArcadeCart.jpg

I was the first person to get a batch of these labels from Albert (for the WORM! Standard Edition carts) and they are really fantastic. The quality is just amazing!! :)

No you weren't. I got 1 label a week and a half ago. :P ;)

Technically I did mail labels to Shawn first. If he didn't live in Canada, he certainly would have received them before you. :P

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

@batari does your sister in law still has the cricut? I'm curious if she would recommended it for custom gigs.

Sorry for being off topic. I'm looking for a vinyl cutter get some styling jobs done. Any recommendations? In the past few weeks I've been searching the net for the best solution and no luck so far. I've read way too much hype and not enough good info.

I've found this blog. This machine comparison looked quite decent.
The only issue I've found was that it seemed too honest. Are these machines that loud? What about the speed is she happy with it?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated

It is astounding people want products for cheaper then what they can be produced for.

Al you should come up with a set price that generates profit. Anyone who can not afford it is out of luck. I do not understand the mantuality. Not to complain about others opinions though I would like to get the facts straight. Have any of you $1.00 per lable advocated. ever thought this stuff cost alot to get started to begin with. On top of that the maturials cost money. To top it off everything is custom to your preferences. Look at a custom busness card made of cheap card bord such as vista print or something like that. These company's have a mass customer base. Al here paid the expence to vet this stuff and will never have the customer base that can sale large numbers to ever cover the initial cost. It kinda sickens me to see posts that say $1.00 a lable is what is affordable. Tell that to a big busness like your internet cpmpany your probibly shelling out more then $100.00 a month for. I appreciate what if offered here. Sorry to complain I just think I am viewing a bit of disrespect to this opertunity to have thes custom lables and carts offered to us now. How many cartridges have been sacrificed? Gaming history destroyed.