IGNORED

Went to some flea markets today

Pioneer4x4

I went to to perpetual indoor/outdoor fleamarkets.

One was a bit of a drive, I was there years ago, so for kicks I went.

Saw a guy with a dirty dingy 4 switch for $25 plus maybe 8 -12 games for $3 a cart for dirt commons. After I asked, and he told me , he asked what I was thinking and I didn't feel like insulting and saying $10 for the box full...

I found a guy inside with electronics stuff, and he had a couple boxes of loose carts, and a small stack of manuals. I asked and he said $1 and I can take what manuals I don't have. He also had a couple in a case. I grabbed 3 I didn't have Atari Adventure (no end label) this is the first Atari Adventure I've found, and I have a Sears one already, Atari Football, Sears Circus, and a manual I didn't have, then I saw a a XONOX Ghost manor and Spikes Peak double ($4) and Amiga Mogul Maniac ($5), both firsts for me company wise!

He asked me if I had $10 even and I left happy!

The other one is close and I knew they had some atari there, all fairly common, but they had a bunch of manuals too. I took a printout of what I had and went through them all.

For $18 I got a unopened (no shrink) CIB Blackjack 51, Realsports Tennis with manual, California Games with manual, and

14 Sears Manuals

12 Atari

Activision Kung-Fu Master

Absolute Title Match Pro Wrestling

Epyx Summer games

So total about 30 manuals

1 boxed game

7 loose carts (or 8 if you count XONOX twice) a couple of which are common, and some kinda rare, or at least uncommon.

All stuff I didn't have. I should be about 242 unique titles and maybe 182ish unique manuals.

Went to the Flea Market today also.To my HORROR, my favorite vendor, the one i get games carts from, has started to place printed out Ebay pages of the same items he's selling to show how much they sold at Ebay for, to get more for them. :roll: :sad: :x

I've seen used game shops look up prices on ebay for games that conveniently don't have price tags on them. It makes me think they're not keeping up to date on pricing until the last second when someone goes to buy. Ebay is OK for guesstimating the value of something, but it shouldn't be the one stop price guide.

Most of our flea markets around here usually have a few Atari games. I'd say there are probably about 100 carts out there between them all. Unfortunately, the vendors think the stuff is worth billions of funny money dollars or something, and they price it accordingly. $5 for Combat? I think not. Maybe if it's new in a gatefold box, it might just be worth that, but loose it's worth about five cents. Ditto for Defender, Asteroids, Pac-Man and ET. These are at the bottom of every single pile of 2600 carts, and they're probably at the top, too!

$25 isn't a bad price for a VCS console, though, especially if it's got hookups and controllers. Being clean (relatively speaking) is always a plus. I'd have walked from the first lot in this thread, though, simply because I already have all the dirt commons and a console I like.

$25 isn't a bad price for a VCS console, though, especially if it's got hookups and controllers. Being clean (relatively speaking) is always a plus. I'd have walked from the first lot in this thread, though, simply because I already have all the dirt commons and a console I like.

As I walked away I was thinking that it wasn't that bad, but I was just put off by basically asking another $25 or so for dirty dirt commons, and the fact that it looked SO bad. When I was a teenager able to drive, I used to collect stuff to sell at a flea market for spare cash. I would price EVERYTHING as if someone was stealing it form me, how much would I accept not to get upset, then add %50, LABEL IT, scratch it off and write a reduced price in another color pen! Plus I would clean EVERYTHING, package and display it in decent order, untangle and wrap up cords...

My motto was "If it was shiny and reduced, it would sell"

I always tell those chumps at flea markets: "If you really expect eBay prices, you should probably just sell it on eBay rather than here."

or the better

"If I was looking to pay eBay prices, why wouldn't I just buy it on eBay in the first place?"

I hate it when they do that. If they're going to all the trouble to look it up in the first place, just pay the .10 per listing and just list it on friggin' eBay then.

• Like 1

I always tell those chumps at flea markets: "If you really expect eBay prices, you should probably just sell it on eBay rather than here."

or the better

"If I was looking to pay eBay prices, why wouldn't I just buy it on eBay in the first place?"

I hate it when they do that. If they're going to all the trouble to look it up in the first place, just pay the .10 per listing and just list it on friggin' eBay then.

I agree, plus when it comes down to it, if buying a decent amount of items, the shipping will be less that gas anyway. But I did get some good Sheetz Dogz and Pop on the road.

(Sheetz is a gasoline/convienence store chain with made to order fast food based in central PA, and they try to uze a Z in their productz namez.)

I've seen used game shops look up prices on ebay for games that conveniently don't have price tags on them. It makes me think they're not keeping up to date on pricing until the last second when someone goes to buy.

there is a place here where i live that does that. drives me crazy!

or the better

after reading this i could swear you have went out to these places with me. word 4 word what i say every day

Ouch, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that, rik. Everyone seems to be out to make a buck today..since when did he join the Ebay rip off generation?? :thumbsdown:

Yeah, i know, can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck.The thing that gets me is most seem to think that Ebay is a price guide.It's an auction, and some bid way over what somethings worth to win the auction, obvious right?, some just don't seem to get it. :roll: It's like they're insulting your intelligence, very irritating! :x

Edited by Rik