IGNORED

Amiga 500 video question

Tanman

Unpacked the old Amoga 500 today. Issue is I cannot figure out how to hook up the video cable from the computer to my TV. The cable is RGB and ends in a female plug similiar to a VGA plug. Is there a simple adapter that will switch it to a VGA, S-Cable, or even RCA so it plugs into the TV?

Thanks!

Tanner

Unpacked the old Amoga 500 today. Issue is I cannot figure out how to hook up the video cable from the computer to my TV. The cable is RGB and ends in a female plug similiar to a VGA plug. Is there a simple adapter that will switch it to a VGA, S-Cable, or even RCA so it plugs into the TV?

Thanks!

Tanner

Yes. A guy out in Australia makes a nice converter for around $30 or you can find yourself a 520 video adapter:

http://www.amigamani...SC_adapter.html

http://amiga.resourc...ct=520&company=

...Amiga RGB outputs a 15khz signal, so that's no good for most VGA CRT's and LCD's. The cable you have was probably designed for one of the Amiga monitors: 1080, 1084s, etc. If it's a female DB9, like an Atari joystick, that's exactly what it's for.

Edited by save2600

Thanks!

Tanner

The RF adapter will let you hook it to the television via composite or RF. If you have a multiscan monitor (15KHz or 31KHz scan) then you can buy a cable for it and use the monitor.

Thanks!

Tanner

The RF adapter will let you hook it to the television via composite or RF. If you have a multiscan monitor (15KHz or 31KHz scan) then you can buy a cable for it and use the monitor.

If you need a 520 at any point, drop me a note with your address and I'll send one out. I've got a few extras I can't imagine using.

• 3 weeks later...

other then buying the proper parts (from radioshack) to make a adapter didn't the system output the proper signals to plug into a s-video or RGB component input of a TV ?

Or did it still need to be converted to something a TV can use.

Edited by madmax2069

scart's not used in the US.

no but that does somewhat show the pinout of the Amiga to make your own cable to hook into a TV by RGB Component input. you might need to add onto it (for signal conversion) if you was planning to hook it into a S-video input. sorry i am not to good at this sort of thing.