IGNORED

Atariventure (game collaboration?)

Opry99er

I want to port Atari's "Adventure." We don't have to keep it 100% accurate, and by that I mean we can improve if we want to... graphically, etc. Anyway, I took a screenshot off the internet and did it up in XB... Here are the two pix

adventureatari.jpg

Above is the original Atari screenshot

atariventureti.jpg

This is the XB mockup

If anyone wants to help port it, I'd be willing to do all the graphics. There's about 40 or 50 screens in this game. =)

• Like 1

Y'know... I've had this burning in my head for quite a while now... I don't think XB will really work for this game since staying on path / checking would be very difficult or slow in XB... I think if that Basic cartridge maker ever shows up, this would be quick work for sure!

But, you've at least shown how much colors suck on the TI :)

-H

Edited by unhuman

You know since your game has come out, I've made some cool

changes to the storyline. In LoBR, you will have to locate and win one special quest item per level--- except for the Forest World, which is essentially a beginners level. The shield of Wooldridge, the Grieves of Wooldridge, the Gauntlet of Wooldridge, and finally the Sword of Wooldridge. Each of these must be obtained by killing one of the 4 high level enemies--- 1 per world. The high level enemies will have their own music---different from the music that will play during standard level battles. :)

That's what I'm hoping for... I want it to feel like a big massive universe--- while it'll probably stay under 100k for the whole game in XB, and if I do this in assembly, we're talkin' less than half that more than likely. :). But these are all guesses. 4-5k per world in graphics--5 worlds, and then the game routines and music. In XB, it'll be pretty damn big... In assembly, nowhere near as bad

Hahaha!!! That's my old band "Spirit Wheel," a Native American fusion trio. We played Pow-wows and ceremonies. That song is called "Three Journeys." I'm part Cheyenne on my mother's side, and the flute player is full blooded Mescalero Apache. Haven't seen him in a couple of years. =)

• Like 1

I can't wait to see Strawberry in action!! But for now, I could go

ahead and draw up all the screens in XB or Magellan and have them ready for import. :). BTW, whoever said "colors suck" on the TI, look at the black and gray screen! Ours is better. :)

Edited by Opry99er

But for now, I could go ahead and draw up all the screens in XB or Magellan and have them ready for import. :)

BTW, whoever said "colors suck" on the TI, look at the black and gray screen! Ours is better. :)

Commented disassembly are available, and the screens are already there as data statements. The video mirror and repeat effects are used, so each screen are only a few bytes. The data could be kept as is, though the Atari has 40 columns whereas the TI only has 32 (apart from monochrome text mode, but we want colors and sprites), so the bigger "matrix" has to be adjusted (unless we adapt a 20 column solution, which I experimented with in an old demo (apparently needs a fix for Classic99)).

Here's all the glorious map/screens ...

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/strategy_adventuremap.html

Anyways, before you draw/map all the screens, maybe you should consider designing new levels or updating the graphics, sprites and animation ? I'd love to see new levels with the original design, maybe with some new items thrown in.

The TI has only 16 colors, and the Atari has 256, so ...

:cool: