IGNORED

Problems with dynamic skins. Please help!

Hey guys,

I think this is my first post here on Atari Age. But i a lurker for a long time.

I'm a long time Atari 800XL owner/user (since i'm 10 years old, now 33yo).

Well, cutting to the chase, i can't configure the new madmab edition emulators (or the skins for that matter) to show anything else than the videos in the preview windows.

I can't show the boxart, or the game screenshots, etc.

If i load the dual preview config, to show boxart and movie, i have only movie and the static blank boxart. No picture is shown at all.

I must be dumb or something, because this seems to be piece of cake...

Just to mention it, i don't have the artwork files in the E: directory. I have them in the F: partition in a custom folder. But i don't think this is the problem, as i can configure the default folders in the emulator. And i did it already ;-)

To say the truth, i think i tried also to copy some artwork for some games in the E:\emulator\artwork path, setted it in the emulator, but can't see the images the same way.

If there's anything obvious that i'm doing wrong, please let me know. I'm convinced that i'm stupid already.

Thanks!

Well it would help to know which emulator your using this with.. But generally your directory structure should look something like this.

f:\media

f:\media\nes\

f:\media\nes\artwork\

f:\media\nes\artwork\action\

f:\media\nes\artwork\box front\

f:\media\nes\artwork\cart\

f:\media\nes\artwork\titles\

f:\media\nes\artwork\misc00-99

In this example point the media directory to "f:\media\nes\". The emulator always adds "\artwork\" to the paths for screenshots, box/cart art. I know on a couple of emulator releases some of the skin configurations were messed up.

Oh and make sure your using a "(madmab ed)" emulator.

Hello Shannon,

Before i discuss anything else about my problem, let me thank you very much!!

First for your quick reply, and a lot for your amazing hard work in upgrading these emulators. I´ve always played a lot of these emulators in my box, but these upgrades from you, and the emulators from nes6502 before these, breath a whole new perspective to the entire experience! I love them!

Well, let´s talk about my problem again ;-)

I´m using almost all of your versions. But mainly the NeoGenesis and the Mednafenx_NES (waiting very anxiously for the SNES one). And having problem with both of them. Of course, they are the madmab ed.

I tried a lot of things, and i´m almost sure i tried something very similar to what you described here. But i´ll try exactly what you proposed, and get back with the results.

Thanks again man!

Regards.

Well it would help to know which emulator your using this with.. But generally your directory structure should look something like this.

f:\media

f:\media\nes\

f:\media\nes\artwork\

f:\media\nes\artwork\action\

f:\media\nes\artwork\box front\

f:\media\nes\artwork\cart\

f:\media\nes\artwork\titles\

f:\media\nes\artwork\misc00-99

In this example point the media directory to "f:\media\nes\". The emulator always adds "\artwork\" to the paths for screenshots, box/cart art. I know on a couple of emulator releases some of the skin configurations were messed up.

Oh and make sure your using a "(madmab ed)" emulator.

It Works! Well, kind of... :-P

Thanks Shannon!

After your advices, i created the Media folder in F: partition, and put all the NES media files inside (duh!).

Then it showed the movie previews and the boxart, cycling it with carts images.

But i would like to use the 3D Boxart pics. So i imagine i have to move them to the boxart folder, right?

It would be great if it could be configured inside the emulator too. As it´s very customizable, it would be great to be able to choose the exact folder to the boxart preview part of the screen, the exact folder for the screenshot, etc, and have the emulator to show whatever pic it´s inside.

Anyway, i really appreciate your help here!

Best Regards.