IGNORED

INTEREST CHECK - Halloween & Texas Chainsaw Massacre CIB - NOT HOZERS!

bfstats

I have been planning to put these on eBay but, undoubtedly, at least one member of the community will write to me and say, "Pull your listing and sell it to ME ME ME! You'll save the eBay fees and I won't have to fight with the rest of the world to get them."

The advice I've been given is to use eBay for the broader market that would include fans of the movies themselves and not just Atari collectors. At the risk of sounding like I'm doing the community a favor by NOT using eBay, I really would prefer they find a good home here in the community where they will be appreciated the same way I have over the years (and yes, I LIKE the idea of saving the goddamn eBay fees!).

On to the descriptions:

Both are original Wizard Video 1983 releases - not the Hozer reproductions. Please look closely at the labels on the carts. Ordinarily, I am the original owner of everything I sell. Not so in this case, however I did acquire them from reputable members of our community - Tempest and Cassidy Nolen respectively - though THEY were not the original owners either. The games are in the same condition they were in when I acquired them.

Halloween - Cart is clean, and the labels are fully intact, but BOTH the top and end labels were originally applied slightly left of center, and there appears to be some "actiplaque" effect (see photo). Game plays perfectly. Four-page manual is pristine. The box is less than perfect - the front has creases in both the lower corners and bottom center plus there's a 1/2" slice on the upper right side (doesn't show in the photo), the right spine and bottom flap have creases as does the left spine at the very bottom. The back has 3 very slight creases along the bottom and one through the center of the screenshot. What's most vexing about this box is the "residue" all over it, as though it were covered with price stickers that have since been peeled off. It is visible in the photos where the colors look a little lighter. There are no tears on the box but the insert has a slight tear in the left bottom where it supports the cart.

post-118-12735341846_thumb.jpgpost-118-127353425886_thumb.jpg

post-118-127353421175_thumb.jpgpost-118-127353424249_thumb.jpg

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The cart is pristine, labels fully intact with no scarring, slight "bubbling" on the right side of the top label as if the original adhesive didn't stick. Game plays perfectly. Four-page manual has no creases or tears. The box is not perfect - on the front there are creases in the lower left corner, the right side and spine; on the back there are creases on the bottom center and lower right corner, plus both flaps have creases. In addition, Wizard boxes have a "plasticized" coating not unlike playing cards. There are 3 clear "bubbles" of this coating on the front and 3 bubble "streaks" down the left side of the back. They are slightly visible in the photos. There are no tears on the box and the insert is fully intact.

post-118-127353428888_thumb.jpgpost-118-127353437709_thumb.jpg

post-118-127353432439_thumb.jpgpost-118-127353435463_thumb.jpg

Despite the flaws, the boxes DO present well. After all, they were displayed on The Wall!

On to the prices:

According to the Atari2600.com Price Guide (http://www.atari2600.com/priceguide/), dated February 28 2010, the Average Market Price of Halloween CIB is $393.62; Texas Chainsaw Massacre CIB is $286.25. That's nearly $680 for the pair. However, since I cannot vouch for the history of these copies (beyond the friends I acquired them from), and considering the less-than-perfect condition of the boxes, I am not comfortable asking for prices that high.

Alternatively, Hozer reproductions of these two games (CIB) just sold on eBay May 8th for $191.15 eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2705727054561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270572705456&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] and $170.27 eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2705726723701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270572672370&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] respectively. That's over $360 for the pair, a price that seems a bit too low for the originals.

So, I'm adding a premium of $80 to the Hozer price and asking for $440 to start for both games. I'll sell them individually or together as long as they TOTAL $440 or better. In the interest of clarity, please consider this a non-eBay auction.

I will take PayPal, though in this case I prefer Postal Money Order to save the PayPal fee.

I will ship worldwide via any shipping method the buyer prefers, and I will cover the cost of insurance as long as the buyer pays shipping - as slow and cheap or as fast and expensive as the buyer prefers. Shipping will originate in Maryland.

Anyone interested may post here in this thread or by PM, whichever is preferred. Let's make the offer period a full week, so please contact me by no later than the end of the day (11:59pm EDT) on Monday May 17th. All those who express interest will be kept apprised of the high offer. If the games fail to sell here, I'll list them on eBay separately with starting prices that add up to the same total with no reserve.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by bfstats

Would it be possible for you to provide better scans of the boxes?

Absolutely! Please check this thread again in the early evening (Tuesday). I'll post 300dpi SCANS (not photos) when I get home from work.

Thanks for asking!

I can't believe this hasn't gone yet. That's a great price. I mean, maybe they're not the best games, but I like them. Halloween is actually pretty fun and I saw a loose one once about a year ago go for around $550.

I can't believe this hasn't gone yet. That's a great price. I mean, maybe they're not the best games, but I like them. Halloween is actually pretty fun and I saw a loose one once about a year ago go for around $550.

Um, that's because he was auctioning them. :roll:

Just phishing here, but congrats Zwackery?!?!

Nope - I was in the running up until the end, bid my max, and got outbid. One day I'll get both of these, but not today.

:ponder: :D

Considering that my monthly mortgage payment (including what I owe the bank, plus escrow to cover home insurance and property taxes) comes in at about $600 a month, that was about as much as I was willing to go, so your winning bid of $656.78 doesn't make me feel bad at all.

Considering that my monthly mortgage payment (including what I owe the bank, plus escrow to cover home insurance and property taxes) comes in at about $600 a month, that was about as much as I was willing to go, so your winning bid of $656.78 doesn't make me feel bad at all.

Wasn't trying to make you feel bad, my friend, :) Just very happy I finally got these titles, CIB. HHW

Wasn't trying to make you feel bad, my friend, :) Just very happy I finally got these titles, CIB. HHW

No worries, it's all good - financial priorities change with life. One day I'll get these CIB. I'm patient, and that's worked for a lot of my collecting.

That's what happened when I got mine. Halloween was on an upslide for awhile. Loose ones had gone from anywhere between $500-$700 for a little while. Then, one appeared and I nabbed it for around $230. I'd say this is a killer price for these overall though, good job man.

I just got a copy of halloween with label lose for 31 bucks the other nite on ebay. I have a lose copy of TCM with a hand written label in green ink does anyone else have a copy like that? I found one years ago on atari2600.com for 45 bucks. I've never seen them again anywhere on the internet or ebay with a hand written label. Just curious

I just got a copy of halloween with label lose for 31 bucks the other nite on ebay. I have a lose copy of TCM with a hand written label in green ink does anyone else have a copy like that? I found one years ago on atari2600.com for 45 bucks. I've never seen them again anywhere on the internet or ebay with a hand written label. Just curious

The written label, or no label Halloween and TCM or a bit more common than the Label version . They go for around Half of what a nice label goes for. There use to be a game shop here in town, that started in the 80s. The name is eluding me. He had aquired a bunch of them and still had some up untill the early 2000's. HHW