IGNORED

Second Wii

moycon

Quick question. Does anyone here have more than one Wii? (No Wii jokes)

If you have bought games from the Nintendo Online Store on one Wii can you also re-download or transfer them to play them on a second Wii?

If you have bought games from the Nintendo Online Store on one Wii can you also re-download or transfer them to play them on a second Wii?

All your Nintendo DLC is tied to the console that it was purchased on and there is no way for a consumer to transfer it to a new console.

Nintendo can transfer your DLC licenses during a console repair if it's necessary to send a different console back to you or change some of the internal hardware that would break your original licenses.

All your Nintendo DLC is tied to the console that it was purchased on and there is no way for a consumer to transfer it to a new console.

Wah!! No biggie for me I guess. I really dont have much Purchased content and some of it was bought with the Coke Rewards points!! I was just curious. That Black Wii keeps calling my name.

Wah!! No biggie for me I guess. I really dont have much Purchased content and some of it was bought with the Coke Rewards points!! I was just curious. That Black Wii keeps calling my name.

You really need to homebrew bud!

Do it...its easy.....need help lemme know.

I wonder what the Wii System Menu version is on the Black console.

BTW: I have three Wii's in the home. :D

I am a Nintendo freak.

Do it...its easy.....need help lemme know.

I tried once in the past but got ascared that I would brick my one and only Wii console.

If I do decide to get the black Wii, I probably will go back and try again on my older plain vanilla one.

Let me ask this, can you network Wii's together and play any games multiplay locally?

I haven't seen the black Wii out of the box, but every picture I've seen shows it to have a very shiny surface. Visible scratches (only a couple) and fingermarks are a constant source of concern for my launch PS3 and I wonder if the Black Wii is any different in that department.

Mendon

At this point the hack is so easy to do that there really isn't any excuse NOT to hack the Wii. You get so much more functionality out of a hacked Wii. The emulators are GREAT and reason enough to do the hack.

At this point the hack is so easy to do that there really isn't any excuse NOT to hack the Wii. You get so much more functionality out of a hacked Wii. The emulators are GREAT and reason enough to do the hack.

Hmmm can someone point me in the right direction?

Good point about the console surface Mendon. I really dislike the super shiny finish on the old PS3s. Looks good for a few days then gets covered in fingerprints and dust! I haven't seen one out of the box either. They have them for sale in stores around here...but none are being demo'd.

Let me ask this, can you network Wii's together and play any games multiplay locally?

Of course certain games like Animal Crossing. All of us can play in each others towns. :)

It also depends on the emulator if it supports network play. Haven't tried any yet. FRODO C64 supports it but again, I haven't tried it. I just play locally.

Also, don't forget the Sega\Atari joystick adapter. Its a must. Just like playing a real Atari 2600. :P

Hmmm can someone point me in the right direction?

This is how you do it with the Bannerbomb exploit:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

Seconded. My Wii gets far more use runnng emulators than it does running Wii games. So much so that I've put my Genesis and SNES back in the closet. All my emulated games look awesome over component cables. My only wish is that Wii64 development was a little further along, so I could put away the N64 as well. :)

As already stated, you cannot transfer the games to the other Wii. BUT...I've been told that the games may be saved on an SD card and they other Wii can play the games from the SD card. They just cannot be transfered to the internal memory of the Wii unless it is the original Wii that the game was purchased on.

Seconded. My Wii gets far more use runnng emulators than it does running Wii games. So much so that I've put my Genesis and SNES back in the closet. All my emulated games look awesome over component cables. My only wish is that Wii64 development was a little further along, so I could put away the N64 as well. :)

Yes! I have done the same. Lots of consoles have been packed up. Saved tons of room.

I've been thinking about getting a seecond Wii, mostly cause I want to mod it to do emulation stuff, etc. But when it comes to consoles, apparently, I'm the electronics terminator, my hands enlarge and my brain shrinks and a simple task of say "replacing memory" turns into "grab the sledge hammer and throw it through the TV"

Love the look of the black Wii, when we get some, I may pick it up.

I've been thinking about getting a seecond Wii, mostly cause I want to mod it to do emulation stuff, etc. But when it comes to consoles, apparently, I'm the electronics terminator, my hands enlarge and my brain shrinks and a simple task of say "replacing memory" turns into "grab the sledge hammer and throw it through the TV"

Love the look of the black Wii, when we get some, I may pick it up.

If you can drag and drop files onto an SD card and click 'ok' a couple of times you can mod the Wii you already have :)

Really? How do you get around the os protection crap> I mean, last I looked it up, it involved grinding part of one of the chips casings and soldering wire from there to somewhere else to defeat the lockout or something. And that was because Nintendo modified said chip (as in, cut that leg off) That's WAY to complicated for me (I'm more a plug and play type of person, but everything on modern systems are surface mount, no PnP for me)

Edited by Video

..BUT...I've been told that the games may be saved on an SD card and they other Wii can play the games from the SD card. They just cannot be transfered to the internal memory of the Wii unless it is the original Wii that the game was purchased on.

Has anyone been able to verify this? I've wondered about this for quite a while now thanks to the obscene amount of VC games I've purchased on my family's system. If I can play these straight from the SD card on another console, that would be the deciding factor in me purchasing a system for myself. As we all know, that black system is looking very nice..

Edited by Austin

My family has 2 on account of the fact that one died and got fixed and we used the insurance loopholes to get a brand new one. However, now I want the black special-edition Wii, because it has Wii sports resort AND the motion plus, which I don't have :( .

My family has 2 on account of the fact that one died and got fixed and we used the insurance loopholes to get a brand new one. However, now I want the black special-edition Wii, because it has Wii sports resort AND the motion plus, which I don't have :( .

If by insurance loopholes you mean insurance fraud, you may want to take down your post.

Bill

When you install homebrew onto the Wii, in virtually every case, it's implied they you would install emulators to play game roms from former consoles. By doing this, you basically elminate the need to download vintage VC games from Nintendo, and therefore sidestep the issue of tying content rights to one particular Wii console (yeah, there's a legal or coypright debate to be had, but not from me.)

I'm mostly playing Atari 2600 roms on the Wii via homebrew, as well as some classic Aracde titles from other systems, and they look a WHOLE lot better on my HDTV than playing my Flashback 2.0 and other Plug N Play devices. Most every VC title can be found and played through a console emulator via Homebrew, so that's how to get around the issue of getting them on a second Wii. The only problem would be getting copies of your original wiiware titles.

Currently, I'm looking to purchase a PS3 slim as a media hub for blu-ray, wi-fi and storing my ripped DVD movies onto it's hard drive to free up shelf space. I'll get around PS3 games later.

If it wasn't for Homebrew and emulators, I'd probably wouldn't be touching the Wii these days. I picked up a black controller and nunchuck off Ebay. That and the future purchase of the PS3 Slim will have satified my need to "go Black."

Edited by radiohead

Really? How do you get around the os protection crap> I mean, last I looked it up, it involved grinding part of one of the chips casings and soldering wire from there to somewhere else to defeat the lockout or something. And that was because Nintendo modified said chip (as in, cut that leg off) That's WAY to complicated for me (I'm more a plug and play type of person, but everything on modern systems are surface mount, no PnP for me)

Umm...my Wii was hacked without soldering or even opening up the case. Check the links I posted above...you just run a program from the SD card and you're on your way.

I'm considering adding the Homebrew Channel to my Wii. Question: if you install the Homebrew Channel, do you have to worry about firmware updates contained on disks? I've heard that sometimes game disks will install an update onto a system automatically (thus, crippling any mod).... do any Wii games do this? Does Nintendo ever force you to update the firmware in the Wii?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Mendon

do you have to worry about firmware updates contained on disks?

No, I can't confirm though. I haven't had any games do this and I have a lot of games (and three systems)

Does Nintendo ever force you to update the firmware in the Wii?

No.

You just can't access the store to buy Wiiware and VC games.