matthew180

Assembly on the 99/4A

Sorry one more question: how does one convert the .obj file produced by asm994a to a TIFILES file useable on real hardware? What file parameters should I set in TIDIr to do the conversion?

26 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Sorry one more question: how does one convert the .obj file produced by asm994a to a TIFILES file useable on real hardware? What file parameters should I set in TIDIr to do the conversion?

Check the option in asm994a for copying to “TI Disk”. Asm994a will create a TIDISK image for you, which you can rename later or change to one you may have created before running the assembler. You can rename the image (MYDISK.TIDISK, say) to MYDISK.DSK because the formats are the same. You can always copy the file from the image to your Windows file system.

...lee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just me but I load the XB Assembly Code once with the XB Loader then same with

CALL INIT

CALL LOAD("DSK#.XBFILENAME") ! This loads the XB Assembly Program Object code uncompressed.

CALL PSAVE(2,"DSK#.FILENAME1,3,"DSK#.FILENAME2") ! This save 2 files in Program Image format of RAM from >2000 to >3000 and >3000 to >4000

Now you have created 2 Program Image Files you can load using:

CALL PLOAD(2,"DSK#.FILENAME1,3,"DSK#.FILENAME2") ! No call init needed as you saved that portion of RAM >2000 to >3000

Also RXB 2020 allows you do do this anywhere in 32K RAM.

RXB has loaded 844K of SAMS this way with my game IN THE DARK

42 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

That worked. Thanks!

You can also load in Classic99 in Editor/Assembler and save it back out, I often do that just out of laziness. xdt also has really good command-line conversion tools if you have Python available.

14 minutes ago, Tursi said:

You can also load in Classic99 in Editor/Assembler and save it back out, I often do that just out of laziness. xdt also has really good command-line conversion tools if you have Python available.

I do have Python but I'm too lazy to install xdt 😛