IGNORED

EOTB playthrough

EricDeLee

Mainly this post is to check out my new phone and to make sure I can get to AtariAge.

So far so good.

EOTB...

Damn this game is getting more exciting.

This is an extremely loooong game.

I am only on the 3rd or 4th level... From what I can tell.

And it got realllly interesting.

New monsters and friends.

So I found a wonderful guide for EOTB online. So far it follows everything pretty much. Monster locations, portals, item locations-pretty much everything. I will try to get some newer screenshots posted tonight.

I have played for around 15-20 total hours and I am only at level 3. if this game follows the snes version and is 12 levels long it will easily be the longest and most involved game on the Lynx. I am actually shocked it is such a large game.

So.. anyone ready for exclusive new shots? I have not seen any of these posted before. This is roughly 20 or so hours into the game... if you wander around a lot and don't know a whole lot about Waterdeep and its sewers.

But anyways, here's some new shots on actual hardware.

post-3390-127371323992_thumb.jpg

This first shot is a key area in the dwarf caves.

None of the keys I had fit, and while wondering around to get new screenshots, I found the key I needed. However, I also sacrificed my party quite a bit instead of playing it safe, so I just kept wandering around and get more screenshots.

post-3390-127371339079_thumb.jpg

Wait a sec... don't you start with just 4 players?!

Yes... I added a few members along the way, dropped one... etc etc.

It is really interesting some of the things you can do in this game. One of the players in this game came back from the dead!

post-3390-127371348227_thumb.jpg

New character found within the game. I just wanted to show a detailed screenshot of one person.

post-3390-127371353009_thumb.jpg

Notice the wall gargoyle. It is similar to the Key one I first posted. From what I understand, if you have certain items, you can walk through this wall to a different portal. I have not messed with it yet, as some of these portals can really confuse you!

post-3390-1273713685_thumb.jpg

I HATE getting messages like this in the game! It is like getting a crappy fortune in your fortune cookie.

What sucks is that I fell through a damned hole and killed a member of my party just a few paces after this.

post-3390-127371396082_thumb.jpg

Damn! Birdman!!!!

post-3390-127371401564_thumb.jpg

Crap. Spiderwebs?! That can't be good. That's a BIG spiderweb.

post-3390-127371405906_thumb.jpg

Use your best kung-fu move on these and chop your way past them!

post-3390-127371409591_thumb.jpg

Spiders!! The poison is deadly... and eventually is what killed my party.

post-3390-127371414402_thumb.jpg

Spider Attacking

post-3390-127371417183_thumb.jpg

When you can no longer take what Waterdeep sewers throw at you... you can give up... or meet your end

So I have a lot of playing to do this. I haven't even placed a dent into this game yet.

There is no way in hell this game could have been released without a battery backup or save option.

Edited by EricDeLee

Well... another weekend is now over.

I was hoping to get 2-3 level further into the game... but then I realized that was simply a pipe dream that was not meant to happen. I tried to get a bit better at Robotron for the HSC, but that didn't work. Then I went to a Tigers game Sat Night (they beat Boston in Extra Innings. Great game to be at!)

Then, today, I spent about 4-5 more hours on the game. This puts me at about 20-23 hours total into actual gameplay. As it turns out, I found myself in a world of hurt and in a complete mess once I got lost. It doesn't help the fact that I actually bypassed a lot of stuff and then went to Level 5 without basically doing ANYTHING in level 4. That really had me lost. But I eventually got things squared away. My party has suffered quite a bit though,but I am hoping to still pull through so I don't need to start over (Damn... that would suck!)

One thing I am finding out though, is that this game is 100% completely open-ended. There's no linear path that you HAVE to take to progress to the next level. For the most part. You can go straight from level 3 to 4... bypass that level by falling in a pit, and then you are thrown straight into level 5. However, there are key items you need in each level. I do like the fact that if I think I forgot something, I can go all the way back to get it if need be. This isn't like Super Mario Bros where once you pass level 1-1 and hit the top of the flagpole, you can't go back to that level.

Earlier I showed a picture of a gargoyle statue thing on the wall. It had its hand raised. I thought it was a portal. That's not the case. That was a lever for a trap, a false wall, or a door. I ended up finding a portal, and crossing through it. That was really cool how the Lynx flashes colors and they programed the level portal.

So... long story short. I'm about 20-23 hours into this game, and I'm STILL only on level 4. I have completed MOST of level 4 from what I can tell. But I'll find out during the next Tigers game or something. Drawing out Maps for this game has to be absolutely a pain in the rear. I did it for the first level, and could not imagine the next few levels.

I'll get them all drawn out sometime though.

:)

As it's your typical dungeon crawler, I suggest to stay on the lower levels to have your characters level. One thing that struck me on the PC version is that this is quite difficult because the enemies don't come back after you smashed them all on the same floor? Also you need to keep track of the stamina a lot. Sounds like you'll have a lot of trial-and-error sessions before advancing a bit more. You can find maps for the original all over the web, and I would think its an exact port. If not, you definitely should draw them in order to ever beat the game :P Jealousy here nonetheless. When can I expect my copy to arrive? :roll:

• Like 1

you are fairly correct about the enemies. Once you beat them to a bloddy pulp, the dungeon is fairly free on enemies from what I can tell.

I was unable to play anymore due to work (maybe I should quit that job... lol).

But I should be able to pick it back up this evening.

• 2 months later...
Out of curiosity, will this game ever be released? I happen to like old school dungeon crawling!
Hmmm....very good question that one!Only IF several obstacles can be overcome -- that doesn't seem to be happening though.We shall see,won't we? ;)

Albert... Chicky... Mods.

Please do something about this assclown.

He started this crap at a different place... and again here.

He is throwing out false information. Please warn him... or something.

Chris_lynx1989: Only thing I have to say is this: you really don't have anything better to do with your time then try to start issues, do you? Why can't you simply bring something to the Atari Lynx table, rather than flipping it over and laughing at people after you do it? Why don't you contribute to the Lynx community, rather than attempt to rip it apart? I don't understand that about you.

• Like 2

Chris_lynx1989: Only thing I have to say is this: you really don't have anything better to do with your time then try to start issues, do you? Why can't you simply bring something to the Atari Lynx table, rather than flipping it over and laughing at people after you do it? Why don't you contribute to the Lynx community, rather than attempt to rip it apart? I don't understand that about you.

I believe this can be summed up as: Put up or shut up.

Please keep this civil people. If you have nothing better to do than troll people who are trying to release new things to the community I can suggest a dozen other sites you might be happier on.

Tempest

• Like 2

Eric:

Did you get your hands on a proto, or is this a game you are developing yourself? Going over your play-through it seems like a HUGE game for the Lynx, and that isn't so much a bad thing. I mean, the Gameboy had several full length/feature games for it! Why not the Lynx?

Sorry if a non-desirable member posted in reply to something I asked, that was not the intention. It's just that I like the sort of world EOTB is set in, and I think of things like D&D and Baldur's Gate whenever I see something like this... ie: fun but time consuming (as games of this nature are inclined to be). Would be a neat addition to any Lynx collection!

Eric:

Did you get your hands on a proto, or is this a game you are developing yourself? Going over your play-through it seems like a HUGE game for the Lynx, and that isn't so much a bad thing. I mean, the Gameboy had several full length/feature games for it! Why not the Lynx?

Sorry if a non-desirable member posted in reply to something I asked, that was not the intention. It's just that I like the sort of world EOTB is set in, and I think of things like D&D and Baldur's Gate whenever I see something like this... ie: fun but time consuming (as games of this nature are inclined to be). Would be a neat addition to any Lynx collection!

This is one of the protos out there of the game. Nothing that I code code in my lifetime! LOL

As for the sidebar stuff, he's been up to it for a while now.

It's nothing against you. He just thinks he's a bit more special than all of... that's all

Put up or shup.
Already tried that' date='Tempest.Eric told Lance and I to take EotB and stick it up our asses,as the community didn't need it (EotB) or us and he was going to release it himself.We threw it in the trash. :)
Let's keep this civil.
I am.Who is being insulting and called me an assclown?Did I call him names?I rest my case,Tempest. :)

Put up or shup.
Already tried that' date='Tempest.Eric told Lance and I to take EotB and stick it up our asses,as the community didn't need it (EotB) or us and he was going to release it himself.We threw it in the trash. :)
Let's keep this civil.
I am.Who is being insulting and called me an assclown?Did I call him names?I rest my case,Tempest. :)

You did... you started this crap. And the information above is false.

I have NEVER spoken to Lance. I would be happy to, just to tell him how everything went down, as I have a strong feeling you didn't tell him the truth. ANYONE here can go back through the threads here and at DP and see that you have your little snide remarks throughout. If I recall... your the one that made mention of a blowjob, my wife and GF. I call it as I see it Chris. You bring NOTHING to the Lynx table because you allow your ego to stand in the way. Run back to your other board. You already said everyone here is a bunch of whine asses and quite a few other things. You've insulted a lot of people on this board (Al, Carl, and others...) and all because ... well... I'm not sure. Because of your arrogance perhaps?

Go put your run-on paragraphs somewhere else. Yes, you are knowledgeable on some things regarding the Lynx... yet withold whatever you can. Move along. Unless you can keep in check, I really don't see you ever contributing to this community much at all. I can't believe you'd even come on here and say I said to shove it... "as the community didn't need it (EOTB)". I've been lobbying for its release for a VERY long time, and I started the original threads for cart orders before I even owned the cart.

Shoo fly... don't bother me.

"This is one of the protos out there of the game"

Anyone running reproductions? My Atari, or Best?

There are 2... perhaps 3 original Atari released prototypes out there.

One exchanged hands here a few times in the past 4 years or so. Tempest got it from Harry, Tempest sold it to... the name is slipping me right now... and then he sold it to a private collector that wants to remain unknown.

But back in the day... Harry produced roughly 5...perhaps 10 (I need to re-read some emails to get the facts straight) re-production prototypes. These were produced for certain people, and not everyone had a chance to get them. They were made with actual back-up capabilities as well. This is the copy I own. So... in all actuality, I own a reproduction proto. This is similar to the repro protos that BC/My Atari sells. No one is producing copies at this moment. There are plans in the woodworks for a cart release. Contrary to what CHRIS believes, there has been progress and things are going well. And frankly... if a cart release doesn't work out... it doesn't matter. I guarantee everyone will get to play this game! :) But I do believe all of the effort that has been put into it thus far, I think it will see the light of the day.

• Like 1